1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yeah you’ve been a great supporter of their products.. thank you! It’s been a really long run.

I think it expires after 24 hours, but rest assured: all of those fabrics will get their own videos, complete with awkwardly demonstrative fingers and my borderline annoying Long Island accent.

#mikekuhlehairgoalz

Well also...#stackofcashgoalz

I closed the formal preorder but I have at least one unit of open stock in every size. Send me a PM and I can set you up with a preorder at the 15% off price. Or we’ll have the open stock for $225 when they arrive

2. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

Sigh. Really sorry to hear this news regarding Hertling. I pretty much wear Epaulet Hertling trousers every day, Monday - Friday with very few exceptions. This is a real loss and I feel terrible for the employees who worked hard to make such a great product for so long.

3. metals37

metals37 Senior Member

Really sorry to hear about Hertling closing. I try to support my neighbors in their professions and it saddens me when places close. I hope all the workers who want to find new work. My Hertling trousers are by far the best I own.

4. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

I am curious to hear the exact details of what went wrong up until the end of Hertling. Putting aside the decline in retail — that was known when the young guy with his investor group bought the business.

5. macjedi

macjedi Senior Member

Hi Everyone!
    @Epaulet

I’m considering getting one of the Grey Hopsack suits. It’s been a couple years since I’ve ordered an EP Southwick suit and I have a few questions…

1. Are Adjustable Side-Tabs an additional charge with a Southwick suit? It doesn’t mention it on the ordering page and the price doesn’t go up if I add it as an option, but thought I’d double-check.

2. Are trouser cuffs still an option? On my last suit I got 2” cuffs and they worked out perfectly... and it saved a good amount of tailoring costs.

Thanks!

6. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

I've got to think the indicators have stacked and gotten worse since that process started. It's not just the downturn in retail, but a massive shift to much more casual dress in the workplace.

I happened to be one of two worker-bees in a room with six execs the other day, and I was the only one in nice clothes - moleskin pants, a nice Brooks shirt and Alden boots. Everybody else was in jeans and crappy shoes. As the workplace gets younger, I think it gets worse. Costs in NYC can't be easy. Throw in costs to modernize (or meet current safety/environmental standards) that might not have been anticipated or who knows what else and you have a problem.

(All of that is purely speculation, but guess I'm not too far off...)

7. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

I hear ya — the industry is challenging. I am interested in hearing the specifics in this case. Not simply industry dynamics. What was their plan when they bought the business? How were they capitalized? Who was in charge of executing the plan? What missteps did they make? Was the plan flawed and in what ways? Or was the plan reasonable, but the execution flawed? Maybe there is an opportunity for a new investor(s). Hmmmn....

8. theh00d

theh00d Senior Member

Damn very sad to hear, just when I find the perfect fitting pants. Where else am I going to find size 29 that will fit me..

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Excited about the new take on the Doyle. I've always admired the EG Bedford, but I ended up selling mine off because the short, boxy fit never quite worked on my tall, lanky frame.

10. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

I think the Walt pattern follows Epaulet. My Southwick suit will have Walt pants.

11. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

Bummer about Hertling. My whole closet is Hertling EP Trousers.
    Feel bad for the long time employees. End of an era for sure.
    Hope they land on their feet.

12. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Same. I’ll find other trousers, although I really liked the Hertling product.
    Mostly feel bad for the employees.

13. TM79

TM79 Distinguished Member

Definitely a shame about Hertling closing. I've always appreciated the quality of their pants and I hope the workers can all find something they'll be happy doing.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member