• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anybody still in the market for a flannel suit for the remainder of the winter (or next fall/winter) I got my Vitale Barberis navy flannel suit this weekend and the fabric is amazing. Like out of this world awesome! I took it to my tailor after work yesterday and as I was standing there in front of the mirrors a woman who had come in to pick something up remarked how nice the fabric was.

I had also brought in a corduroy camelhair suit from a Japanese maker and I thought if one of the suits would elicit comments from the tailor it would be that one but he loved the fabric on the flannel. It's just the absolute perfect material. I will definitely some pictures when I wear it next week.

That was fast. Got the southwick single cuts shipping notice, will be delivered tomorrow! Now just the anticipation of which suit it will be...

That is fast indeed! Do you know the date (or dates?) that you ordered? All the stuff I ordered is on the lighter end of the weight spectrum and I cannot really wear any of it yet (it was 14º when I left for work this morning) but I'm anxious nonetheless.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is fast indeed! Do you know the date (or dates?) that you ordered? All the stuff I ordered is on the lighter end of the weight spectrum and I cannot really wear any of it yet (it was 14º when I left for work this morning) but I'm anxious nonetheless.

I placed my orders on 1/16 and 1/18, but I believe they were both sent over to Southwick at the same time, on the 18th. One suit was the Di Pray Deep Chocolate Check Flannel, and the other was the LP Indigo Slub. Not sure which one is in here (or if both are). We'll see!

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish I could go back in time and get in on more of the Epaulet x Alden collabs... They had some great makeups.

Me too. Passed on the snuff suede Olmstead bluchers because they dropped right after my daughter was born so I was on a buying freeze and I haven't come across anything since then that I like quite as much for that sort of style.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Di Pray Deep Chocolate Check Flannel

I got that one too. But it's on hold until another Southwick suit of mine gets finalized so it will be a while. Pics when you get it!

stevenkmason

Reaction score
MelodicHatefulDungenesscrab-max-1mb.gif

Impatiently waiting for the sashiko doyle preorder to go up today...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Couple things:

1) I'm in Vegas for the shows, will have some rad Southwick photos to show soon. Doing my meeting with them in about 30 min.

2) Indigo Sashiko Doyle Preorder is up.
We have enough fabric to make 80 Doyles for this round, so should be plenty to go around, but we've been sold out of this forever, so who knows. If you really want one, I'd say to order sooner than later to be safe. Fabric is ready to be cut on Friday, so we'll easily make or (more likely) beat that 3/15 ship date. You save 15% with this preorder and you can return or exchange after you get it if need be.

3) Last Day to save 20% on Individualized Prints.
These are pricey fabrics, so a really great deal with this promo. The Buy-4 and Buy-5 deals are going to stay, but the $75 off 3 shirts will end tomorrow. So consider taking advantage of that if you have your eyes on some new shirts.

Snapmingo

Reaction score
2) Indigo Sashiko Doyle Preorder is up.
We have enough fabric to make 80 Doyles for this round, so should be plenty to go around, but we've been sold out of this forever, so who knows. If you really want one, I'd say to order sooner than later to be safe. Fabric is ready to be cut on Friday, so we'll easily make or (more likely) beat that 3/15 ship date. You save 15% with this preorder and you can return or exchange after you get it if need be.

Is size 34 possible for the sashiko Doyle? Or would you just recommend sizing up to 36?

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Got my order in! I REALLY hope sizing works out. Just confirming again @Epaulet there's no way to get longer sleeves on these right? Even with an upcharge?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @Burzan what size did you get in the sashiko doyle? Thinking if I want to go up to 42 since the shoulders feel a little tight on the 40 but if it's stretches in gives maybe a 40 would be fine.

I bought a 40 but my 40 in canvas fits pretty loose. Size up if the shoulders are snug. The sashiko is pliable and moves well but I suspect any stretching will just snug back up with washing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads