1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@clee1982 yeah it will be interesting to see how that plays out for them. They were always looking to their brother's business (Meermin) and interested in the direct-only model, but I'm skeptical that it's the right way at their price level. Meermin works because it's inexpensively made in Asia and very competitively priced for how it looks. Meermin is just a brand and a retailer, not vertically integrated. Direct works best when you've got high volume and relatively low overhead.. and neither of those things are true with Carmina's pricing and the labor that they have to maintain with owning a factory.

@budapest12

Oh wow, Tuscan check is really nice. The base color is a true grey, but it looks a little blue due to the heathered effect and that light blue windowpane.

It's a beautiful fabric and a very classic Italian pairing. Navy, tan, khaki, caramel, stone pants are all a great match, and denim absolutely works. A darker grey.. around charcoal.. could also work well IMO

Color and matching wise, it's not far off from Matt's Delight. But the pattern is a lot bolder and sharper. I'd personally go for Matt's Delight over that though.. I've seen it in person and it's freaking awesome. Matt would wear it 2 or 3 times a week, and the fabric is brilliant.

@M635Guy totally agreed.. I absolutely understand Hertling's need to have it's own direct business side and I think that they did it the smart way. They've got a special shape and pricing that doesn't compete directly with their retailers. It doesn't bother me at all. The more branding and visibility that they can get for the name "Hertling," the better it is for us.

@avsmusic1 I'd definitely agree.. 3-patch is typically only in the sportcoat zone. But I think that chest welt and hip open patch can work just fine for a suit if you'd don't have a super-formal workplace. We sell that configuration all of the time.

@Hiamosey thanks for posting... the launch actually is today. I scheduled it for 10pm EST rather than 10am. That's what I get for finishing a newsletter whilst massively jetlagged.

Here's the cotton lineup, which is our first Spring 18 offering for them. There's lot of old favorites and some nutzo new lightweight corduroys. My personal favorites are Mushsroom English Drill and Butterscotch Sanded Canvas.

We've got a killer 25% deal for a week. The code is below. Only restriction is that you need to order a stock shape.. so no waistband customizations or finished inseams. After the promo ends, we'll load in all of the usual variants to choose from.

springtrouser25

2. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

Thanks for the info - very helpful. Matt's Delight ordered. Admired that one for a while now. (Still really tempted to get a Cincinatti Quincy.)

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

@Epaulet Brisbane Moss English Drill is the same stuff that was on standing offer for MTO for a long time, right? Love that fabric. Nice to see sanded canvas back too. Plotting.

4. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior Member

5. kwanon

kwanon Senior Member

OMFG I can't believe I missed this. I love that band, and the pattern is so fun.

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@budapest12 thank you sir! Now we just need about 12 fit photos and we can officially rename that fabric "Budapest Delight." The challenge is on!

Oh, and yeah the Quincy is unstoppable in WKRP Cincinnati Tweed. I've fielded about six messages on how that fabric will make up. I don't have a photo of that particular one in a jacket, but it's going to give off a very strong 1970's vibe. Doing it with the minimal lines of the Quincy will make it very wearable IMO, and it's going to be a rad statement piece. I think that the finished product will deliver a strong vibe like Max Von Sydow in "Three Days of the Condor"...

[​IMG]

@FrankCowperwood yup, that's the same English Drill that we all know and love, and Mushroom is the crucial color IMO. It's really soft, biz-caz friendly, and a perfect brown tone.

@Hiamosey Sanded Canvas comes from Brisbane Moss and it's a brilliant fabric. Very soft and comfortable. It fades nicely with wear and has a really high tensile strength. Butterscotch is a rich khaki tone that delivers a little more punch. Here's a pic (not mine) of it made up. I think this is an old Sid Mashburn pant:

[​IMG]

@kwanon oh you didn't miss it, online inventory shows that we can cut 7 more units in it. Here's the link.. it's in the dropdown.

View attachment 913702

7. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior Member

@Epaulet Thanks Mike! Your insight is always helpful and appreciated.

8. Subutai

Subutai Senior Member

@Epaulet Hey Mike, any additional update on the Stingray trainers?

9. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

I may have said some things recently about not ordering more outerwear and not ordering a Cinci Quincy. Please disregard those remarks.