1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Hate to be a stick in the mud.... But I’d stay away from the tie market altogether. I know buzz kill.....

Regarding Southwick, any chance you’d be interested in designing/ building a raglan sleeve version of the Quincy? I’d love it with a reverse pleat back and belt?
    With Southwicks access to fabrics, and a quality made in USA coat, it could be a great pre-order opportunity.

Just tossing it out there.

Also, dig that spearmint cone Doyle. Would be a real unique truly deadstock piece.

2. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

I went with my same size 40 but the canvas Doyle in 40 fits me with a decent amount of room to begin

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@M635Guy

Di Pray Ultimate Warrior is a flannella... a touch lighter than the typical flannel we'd use for a Hertling Pant. Toffee bar houndstooth is a bit light than that. I'd say that both are good for wear in North Carolina until end April or so. You wouldn't want them on a warmer, humid day.

Di Pray generally does lighter weight stuff, in keeping with Italy.. so I think it's a nice match for the climate where you are. It's

@loxo oh yes, sorry, we have about this:

Piacenza Heavyweight Navy Cash: 4 units
    Harris Tweed Rainbow Herringbone: 5 units
    Harris Tweed Olive Windowpane: 10 units

Although it depends on the orders of Quincy vs Polo. If more guys order the Quincy, then there might be an extra unit or two in that mix.

@CanadaCal

You're not a buzzkill at all.. you're entirely right. I think that the tie market is basically dead. Anyone going into it, thinking that they're going to build a large business, is probably kidding themselves. Even the big brands are a shadow of their former selves. This is more about making something cool to go with our styling photographs. Single Cuts and all are cool... but I sold a LOT of full price Southwick last year.. more than I ever expected to.. and I want to invest more with creative and product development this year.

Great idea on the coat. We'll see what we can do... developing new shapes moves at a glacial pace, but I agree, that sounds cool. The Quincy has been a great seller to date with about 40 units made, so it's definitely working for guys.

Glad you dig the spearmint jacket! I'll put it up for preorder in the next Doyle round and we'll see how it does. Styled with stone or white pants, I think it would look really fresh (literally, har-har!)

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

Having lived in NC for a few years, I don't think you could get away with the Ultimate Warrior during the summer or even much of the spring. You would melt into a puddle in that.

Most "flannella" jackets I've worn are still pretty comparable in weight to the flannel, but usually softer. Maybe a little lighter too but I still don't think I'd call it a 4 season fabric.

5. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

I have one Brooks Brothers Madison fit sport coat. It's a 42L and fits boxy. By comparison, my Epaulet x Southwick jacket is a 43XL and fits like this:
    20171216EpauletSouthwickDanubeBlue.jpg

6. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

I'd size up. It looks a little short though the chest and shoulders look ok. My standard Doyle is pretty much sportcoat length and yours looks shorter than that.

7. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

@Epaulet any ETA on the caramel duck Doyle restock?

Have fun in Japan!

8. 1wb

1wb Senior Member

Is the navy cash already sold out? Can’t find it in menu.