• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my first Epaulet/Southwick suit from the tailor and am very pleased. It's a nice blue flannel that will see plenty of wear. Please excuse the poor lighting.

View attachment 892770

Great suit man! By the way, are your shoulders a bit askew? I have that problem big time, and it’s difficuit to achieve proper fit in the jacket up there. How do you manage?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great suit man! By the way, are your shoulders a bit askew? I have that problem big time, and it’s difficuit to achieve proper fit in the jacket up there. How do you manage?

Thanks. My right shoulder is low and it’s a reasonably large asymmetry. I didn’t alter this jacket in any way other than to take it in at the side (½” each side). It clearly doesn’t fit that asymmetry as well as my bespoke jackets, but I personally think “good enough is good enough.” I think that it can often be easier to do that when looking at other people’s fits.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Doyle arrived! After numerous occasions that I snoozed and lost on other limited run fabrics, I settled on the basic caramel duck canvas and wow, it was more than everything I expected. Thanks Mike @Epaulet!
20171217_151939.jpg

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my first Epaulet/Southwick suit from the tailor and am very pleased. It's a nice blue flannel that will see plenty of wear. Please excuse the poor lighting.
Really looks great. Did you take your typical jacket size?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really looks great. Did you take your typical jacket size?

Thanks! I’m a pretty standard 43L. I tried on a 43 and a 44. Based on those fits and additional measurements, I went with a 43 XL. I think the jacket fits pretty standard other than being short on the BOC measument, but I wasn’t going to get the BOC length I needed without the extra 2.25”. I recognize that the market might favor a shorter, trendier jacket, but I do not.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sandows and ‘16 Garnet High Courts. Most comfortable kicks I own.

View attachment 892209

@DapperDan08 love it.. the Garnets were some of my favorites!!

Any update on the 2nd batch of Wool Doyles?

@White Lotus picking them up tomorrow personally! As long as the balance payment comes through, we'll get them out first thing Tuesday morning and in everyone's hands by the end of the week.

Here's the balance payment link

View attachment 892770

@Patrick R looks amazing.. I'm so happy that it came out this great! Thanks again.

Is there ever going to be something similar in color to the 8oz Four Season Cotton Duck canvass in trouser instead chino?

@clee1982 we'll have a vastly expanded lineup of cotton options for MTO trousers this coming Spring. Should be some great colors along those lines.

First Doyle arrived! After numerous occasions that I snoozed and lost on other limited run fabrics, I settled on the basic caramel duck canvas and wow, it was more than everything I expected. Thanks Mike @Epaulet!
View attachment 893360

@nqtri thank you so much.. it looks great!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike, any Sandows on the horizon?

@concealed we've got a bunch on order, but it's tough item to keep in stock. We really maxed out the factory with all of the MTO's that we sent to them this season. I'd say mid to late Feb to be realistic.

That said, the new Sandow Jean should drop by the end of January. Going to fit you like a dream!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@concealed we've got a bunch on order, but it's tough item to keep in stock. We really maxed out the factory with all of the MTO's that we sent to them this season. I'd say mid to late Feb to be realistic.

That said, the new Sandow Jean should drop by the end of January. Going to fit you like a dream!

Are we thinking mid-late feb for the Sandow MTOs in that’s case?

Man, those jeans can’t come quick enough!

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey mike - ur doing a stock run of the jeans, right? So when we say end of January, that’s when you’re actually holding them?

Also, just out of curiosity, did you ever land on a name?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are we thinking mid-late feb for the Sandow MTOs in that’s case?

Man, those jeans can’t come quick enough!

@Burzan oh no, Sandow MTO's are way before that. Getting a bunch on 12/26 and I've demanded that we have any outstanding ones by the first two weeks of Jan. I'm talking a formal restock of OTR Sandows.

Hey mike - ur doing a stock run of the jeans, right? So when we say end of January, that’s when you’re actually holding them?

Also, just out of curiosity, did you ever land on a name?

@avsmusic1 yes sir, the jeans will be only stock for the near future. After we build up a customer base and people like the fit, then it will be easy to run preorders and such. Being in LA, I've got the best access possible to denim. But figure for Spring 2018, we'll just offer stock pairs.

And yes, I'm planning to actually get them in hand by end of Jan, maybe first week of Feb. Once its cranking, it should be possible for us to jeans with about a 3 week turnaround.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Order placed for the Southwick suit promo. Looking forward to the Sapphire Navy Check and the Silver Glen Plaid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads