• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would you say the merino Kennedy is a light, medium, or heavy sock?

i would call it medium weight. I'm wearing them today with chucka boots and they amazing in sneakers. I think they are ideal for sneaker wearing in the winter, like Epaulet trainers, Stan Smith, et al. It's not as chunky as a camp sock or a hiking sock.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit late to the party here, but my first ever Rivet's plus my first ever Doyle - the Sashiko, finally made it here through Ecuadorian customs today.

Really delighted - the Cramerton fabric is really solid and love all the construction details of the Rivet. As for the Doyle, like everyone has said, it has a very soft drape, and the texture combined with the indigo is fabulous. Understated but really interesting.

Thanks Mike and Adele!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's the latest on the museum calf sneakers? Sorry if I've missed an update...

@OhHello we got them last week and emailed every customer on the preorder.

They all came in except for 9 pairs. One of the boxes was lost or stolen in transit.. it had 9 pairs of Full Court Highs inside it. We're trying to track it down with the shipping company, but I'm not too hopeful TBH. I think that we're going to have to put thru an insurance claim.

If you ordered Full Courts, then send me a PM. If you didn't then we absolutely have your pairs here, and you just need to pay the balance. We've emailed people twice on it, but I know that some customers use alternate emails specifically for online shopping and don't necessarily check them all the time.

Reminds me of a score from a concert 15 years ago.
View attachment 891775

@metranger8694 oh my god, these are amazing. Pearl Jam socks!

EP shirt and SC. Love the patterns. Also Vass shoes.

View attachment 891900

@peppercorn78 absolutely killer outfit, loved it on IG too!

[/SPOILER]

View attachment 891933 All EP today

Cotton/cashmere Driggs
Vass Caps
Chambray Western up top

Kick ass American Trench fair Isle Merino/cashmere socks - highly recommended

@Don L rock and roll! Stay warm out there!

i would call it medium weight. I'm wearing them today with chucka boots and they amazing in sneakers. I think they are ideal for sneaker wearing in the winter, like Epaulet trainers, Stan Smith, et al. It's not as chunky as a camp sock or a hiking sock.

@jah786 I'd agree with that. I'm not the sock maestro that Jacob is, but the weight here is firmly in the middle of stuff we've sold in the past. Pretty ideal IMO. Not too thick for dress shoes, but not too thin and fine for sneakers/boots.

A bit late to the party here, but my first ever Rivet's plus my first ever Doyle - the Sashiko, finally made it here through Ecuadorian customs today.

Really delighted - the Cramerton fabric is really solid and love all the construction details of the Rivet. As for the Doyle, like everyone has said, it has a very soft drape, and the texture combined with the indigo is fabulous. Understated but really interesting.

Thanks Mike and Adele!

@LatAm thank you so much for your business and enjoy that new gear! Welcome to the community!

OhHello

Reaction score
@OhHello we got them last week and emailed every customer on the preorder.

They all came in except for 9 pairs. One of the boxes was lost or stolen in transit.. it had 9 pairs of Full Court Highs inside it. We're trying to track it down with the shipping company, but I'm not too hopeful TBH. I think that we're going to have to put thru an insurance claim.

Ah, I ordered a pair of gunmetal full court highs, so I guess that’s why I didn’t get an email. :(

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, I ordered a pair of gunmetal full court highs, so I guess that’s why I didn’t get an email. :(

@OhHello gotcha... send me your name anyway, we may have them. 9 pairs are missing, but we still got about 12 pairs of Full Courts, and there's a few awaiting balance payments. The missing ones may still be found, they only close the investigation this coming Wed.

Yako

Reaction score
@OhHello gotcha... send me your name anyway, we may have them. 9 pairs are missing, but we still got about 12 pairs of Full Courts, and there's a few awaiting balance payments. The missing ones may still be found, they only close the investigation this coming Wed.
Are the suede trainers in?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the suede trainers in?

@Yako they've been finished for about a week and they're definitely being picked up by the freight forwarder on Monday. From there, we have a projected flight and arrival at LAX on 12/26. That could change, but it's the latest update.

I'm doing everything possible to get them here and emailing all parties on a daily basis. It's a crazy time to get air freight on commerical carriers due to holiday traffic. If you're on the suede order, you don't need to post or email or PM or IG us... I'm on top of it and you guys will know immediately once they're in our hands. I promise. We'll send out balance payments and ship fully paid items within 24 hours.

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Sandows and ‘16 Garnet High Courts. Most comfortable kicks I own.

1ED60565-68DE-4425-B758-1764433F4B6A.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there ever going to be something similar in color to the 8oz Four Season Cotton Duck canvass in trouser instead chino?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NMWA camoshita has something similar in color in Calvary twill though was too tapered for me (constantly got stuck at calf, so won’t look clean as trouser)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads