Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

2. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

So do you feel that Mist is generally wearable anytime one would wear khaki? My hang up on Olive is that in F/W I wear my olive Barbour all the time. Adding olive trousers to that just seems unworkable. I already have the camel shade and was looking for something equally versatile.

3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

To me, the mist is the moleskin hallmark. It’s a shade not often, or ever seen in a twill, corduroy, or wool pant.

There is a few shades of mist, but each year across several brands it’s a colour synonymys with moleskin.

If it fits the wardrobe, go for it.

Of course tan and brown pants are always easy to wear and have a place in any closet, and you can’t go wrong there.

4. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

First of two Southwick EFF sportcoats arrived. The fit is spot on, and the fabric is insane.

IMG_8847-2.jpeg

5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I think both are great but I'd probably start with the caramel. I think that is the absolute staple color to start with for cords, no matter what width of wale you are going with.

I have the khaki tweed and it's a great color and has a bit more character but I still think the caramel is more versatile, especially if it's going to be your only pair of tweed trousers.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'd personally go with 2131 Khaki tweed. It's a little different, but not too different to make it hard to wear. You are much more likely to come across a nice caramel cord trouser again, either from Mike or somewhere else.

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Frank makes a good point about being able to find the caramel from Epaulet or elsewhere later on down the road if you decide to go with the khaki first. IIRC, when Epaulet first offered the steel grey tweed and the khaki tweed corduroys last year they sold through the available material on both. It sounds like the khaki tweed was able to be brought back this year but no more steel grey. Who knows if you'll be able to get the khaki tweed in the winter or next fall...