• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks great.

Did you size up from your normal Ep. shirt size?

I went with my normal Epaulet shirt size, medium. But the Camo jacket fits like a medium shirt. Not much room to spare for anything other than a T. When I zip it up(which I never do), it is snug at the waist. Wish it fit like my medium Doyle's.

Shoulder seams are at the end of my collarbones. Lower armhole seam all up in me pits. Maybe that is proper.

Would it have been appropriate to size up to a large? Too big?

What I'm saying is I don't know how these should fit.

Last edited:

esoxm

Reaction score
Anybody machine wash a capri collar oxford yet? Curious if the lack of structure means you need to iron them each time to keep the shape

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks great.

Did you size up from your normal Ep. shirt size?

I went with my normal Epaulet shirt size, medium. But the Camo jacket fits like a medium shirt. Not much room to spare for anything other than a T. It's not uncomfortable but it's not overly comfortable either. When I zip it, it is snug at the waist. Wish it fit like my medium Doyle's. Roomier.

Shoulder seams at where my shirt seams are. At the end of my collarbones. Lower armhole seam all up in me pits.

I'm continuing to wonder if it would have been appropriate to size up to a large. But maybe that'd be too big? The eternal question.

Nope. Same size. I’m guessing the canvas made up smaller or just the fact that it has no stretch. I had and sold a pair of those Camo canvas rivets and could barely get them on. **** was bulletproof

Moleskin is dreamy. It needs a wash

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Same size. I’m guessing the canvas made up smaller or just the fact that it has no stretch. I had and sold a pair of those Camo canvas rivets and could barely get them on. **** was bulletproof

Moleskin is dreamy. It needs a wash
Yeah. The fabric is like Kevlar.

If anyone wants to sell me their large camo FJ(or trade for my medium), send me a PM.

Mike @Epaulet. You are usually a large yes? Did you go XL on your Camo FJ?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Sad news that the Cone White Oak plant is closing. Would be really cool if EP could grab a few bolts of a unique facbric or 2 and make something as a tribute.

Also sad news we lost a legend today in Gord Downie. Leave it up to a Canadian to post it, but people in here enjoy music and it has to be said.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Sad news that the Cone White Oak plant is closing. Would be really cool if EP could grab a few bolts of a unique facbric or 2 and make something as a tribute.

Also sad news we lost a legend today in Gord Downie. Leave it up to a Canadian to post it, but people in here enjoy music and it has to be said.
Yes, was just reading about both of those. Sad news on both fronts. Totally didn't expect that on the White Oak plant with the popularity of selvedge denim these days.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was pretty shocked by that as well. Going to be a blow to smaller/boutique jeans brands, my understanding was that Cone denim was easily available, good quality, and inexpensive. Bummer.

kickstand

Reaction score
Didn't Levi's use the mill too? Seems as long as they had them as a client then they'd stay in business.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

I was definitely sad to learn about Downie's death. When I got home from work yesterday I had to dig out an old Tragically Hip shirt to wear but it was smelling pretty musty from being packed away for so long so it's airing out then will be worn tomorrow.

I got to see them about a decade ago at a concert with the Joel Plaskett Emergency. It was an awesome show. Living in the Detroit area, we always have pretty good representation of Canadian bands coming over here to play or being able to quickly head over to London or even Toronto for shows.

Speaking of great Canadian music - the 2017 Halifax Pop Explosion kicked off yesterday. A good friend and I keep saying that we are going to head out there for it one of these years.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't Levi's use the mill too? Seems as long as they had them as a client then they'd stay in business.

Wrangler too as per the article I read. Plus a lot of RL.

Here’s the thing. An equity company bought Cones parent company last year. Cone also has a plant in China...
Pretty easy to figure this one.

Not to mention I think Japan has gone into overdrive on denim production the past decade or 2 putting out some incredible quality and variety.

Still too bad, and a name well recognized across the industry. “Cone Mills China” doesn’t have the same ring to it....

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a bummer - that plant is not far from me now, and used to live in Greensboro. :(

Wearing Cone selvedge today in their honor (with EP Alt Weins - taken rushing out the door...)
U1hcv4B.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Managed to fall asleep last night instead and missed the Aero code. That’s what I get for cutting back on coffee.
@nd1nd2nd3

AERO DISCOUNT TILL TOMORROW

Hey guys, I had two customers with in-person appointments for jacket fittings on Monday, but both of them had to push it out until later in the week. I got Aero to extend the discount for a few more days, so I can offer that to you guys as well.

If you missed out on the 10% code and you're interested in an Aero jacket like @nd1nd2nd3 then it's now good until midnight Friday. I have to send them the orders this weekend though, so I can't extend it past that. Just use code:

aero10

Anybody machine wash a capri collar oxford yet? Curious if the lack of structure means you need to iron them each time to keep the shape

@esoxm oh it should be no problem at all. The collar has light fusable in it.. same thing that we spec for nearly all of our Individualized shirts. The oxford is going to be a little wrinkled without ironing or a lot of steaming, but that's the case with any oxford shirt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Our Hertling assortment is online! It's "all killer and no filler" this year with a lineup of our most popular tweeds, flannels, moleskin's and corduroys. Couple of important things to note:

1) Their prices went up pretty sharply under the new management, but I got us 20% off until Tuesday 10/24. Actually makes it a bit cheaper than it was in the past. This is a quiet couple of weeks for the factory until things go bananas in mid-November, so they can use the extra work right now. The discount won't get extended past that though. Code is trouser20

2) At the moment, we can commit to delivering you by Thanksgiving. It can most likely even be a week or two before that. But bear in mind that every MTO pant is literally cut by one guy: the legendary Anthony of Mulberry Street. He's going to do each order in turn, and it's possible for him to get swamped if we have a huge volume going over. People often wait until the deadline to order when there's a discount, but if you want a trouser or a few of them, I'd encourage you to order sooner than later. Anything ordered today or tomorrow will get sent over the weekend and they can start on them right on Monday morning.

3) Hertling is justifiably famous as the best trouser maker in the United States. A lot of things are changing there, but these fabrics were almost all sourced by Mr. Hertling himself. He never cut corners on quality and he busted a lot of chops in his time. You'll be very happy with any of them, I'm confident.

Okay.. onto the categories and my usual floating hands / Long Guyland accent videos...

MADE TO ORDER TROUSERS FALL 17 MOLESKIN & CORDUROY

MADE TO ORDER TROUSERS FALL 2017 TWEED & FLANNEL

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads