Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

That looks great.

Did you size up from your normal Ep. shirt size?

I went with my normal Epaulet shirt size, medium. But the Camo jacket fits like a medium shirt. Not much room to spare for anything other than a T. When I zip it up(which I never do), it is snug at the waist. Wish it fit like my medium Doyle's.

Shoulder seams are at the end of my collarbones. Lower armhole seam all up in me pits. Maybe that is proper.

Would it have been appropriate to size up to a large? Too big?

What I'm saying is I don't know how these should fit.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM

2. esoxm

esoxm Senior member

Anybody machine wash a capri collar oxford yet? Curious if the lack of structure means you need to iron them each time to keep the shape

3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Nope. Same size. I’m guessing the canvas made up smaller or just the fact that it has no stretch. I had and sold a pair of those Camo canvas rivets and could barely get them on. Shit was bulletproof

Moleskin is dreamy. It needs a wash

4. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Yeah. The fabric is like Kevlar.

If anyone wants to sell me their large camo FJ(or trade for my medium), send me a PM.

Mike @Epaulet. You are usually a large yes? Did you go XL on your Camo FJ?

5. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

@Epaulet

Sad news that the Cone White Oak plant is closing. Would be really cool if EP could grab a few bolts of a unique facbric or 2 and make something as a tribute.

Also sad news we lost a legend today in Gord Downie. Leave it up to a Canadian to post it, but people in here enjoy music and it has to be said.

6. duff406

duff406 Senior member

Yes, was just reading about both of those. Sad news on both fronts. Totally didn't expect that on the White Oak plant with the popularity of selvedge denim these days.

7. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

I was pretty shocked by that as well. Going to be a blow to smaller/boutique jeans brands, my understanding was that Cone denim was easily available, good quality, and inexpensive. Bummer.

8. kickstand

kickstand Senior member

Didn't Levi's use the mill too? Seems as long as they had them as a client then they'd stay in business.

9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I was definitely sad to learn about Downie's death. When I got home from work yesterday I had to dig out an old Tragically Hip shirt to wear but it was smelling pretty musty from being packed away for so long so it's airing out then will be worn tomorrow.

I got to see them about a decade ago at a concert with the Joel Plaskett Emergency. It was an awesome show. Living in the Detroit area, we always have pretty good representation of Canadian bands coming over here to play or being able to quickly head over to London or even Toronto for shows.

Speaking of great Canadian music - the 2017 Halifax Pop Explosion kicked off yesterday. A good friend and I keep saying that we are going to head out there for it one of these years.

10. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Wrangler too as per the article I read. Plus a lot of RL.

Here’s the thing. An equity company bought Cones parent company last year. Cone also has a plant in China...
    Pretty easy to figure this one.

Not to mention I think Japan has gone into overdrive on denim production the past decade or 2 putting out some incredible quality and variety.

Still too bad, and a name well recognized across the industry. “Cone Mills China” doesn’t have the same ring to it....

11. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

That's a bummer - that plant is not far from me now, and used to live in Greensboro. :(

Wearing Cone selvedge today in their honor (with EP Alt Weins - taken rushing out the door...)
    [​IMG]

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@nd1nd2nd3

AERO DISCOUNT TILL TOMORROW

Hey guys, I had two customers with in-person appointments for jacket fittings on Monday, but both of them had to push it out until later in the week. I got Aero to extend the discount for a few more days, so I can offer that to you guys as well.

If you missed out on the 10% code and you're interested in an Aero jacket like @nd1nd2nd3 then it's now good until midnight Friday. I have to send them the orders this weekend though, so I can't extend it past that. Just use code:

aero10

@esoxm oh it should be no problem at all. The collar has light fusable in it.. same thing that we spec for nearly all of our Individualized shirts. The oxford is going to be a little wrinkled without ironing or a lot of steaming, but that's the case with any oxford shirt.