Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yup exactly the same.. mid-weight Somelos Oxford. It ages beautifully too.

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Ugh, these Taylor pants are just sooo good. They are def gonna be my go to, and I think when you all do your next EFF suiting or EFF trousers, I'm just def gonna get in on a suit or two, and some more trousers. I wonder if they look good as khakis, or if the chino look would be off.

3. smmrfld

smmrfld Senior member

You say that like it's a bad thing.

4. ABurnett

ABurnett New Member

New member here hoping for a miracle - If I received the wrong shirt from my Japanese fall shirting order, what are the chances the correct shirt is floating around / can still be made?

5. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I def regret not opting for the horn buttons on my Safari shirt, which I just picked up today btw and it is awesome. Taylor pants are the best as well, I will never not opt for high rise pants. Though I'm a tall guy at 6'2" so most people dont really notice I'm wearing high rise trousers.

6. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Looked back a few pages and didn't see an obvious answer so here goes:

1. When will the F/W Southwick stuff be available?

2. If I have a MTM pattern on file with Southwick what is the upcharge to have a Southwick made to those specs?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 8:03 PM

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I'm totally on the same page as you with Al. I think you and I are close in age, and Al and Michael Jackson are pretty much the only two celebrities that transcend my awareness from childhood to adulthood. I have every single album, including his narration of Peter and the Wolf.

My 7 year old daughter discovered him last year, and has been listening obsessively to the songs I've vetted for her (listening back with 2017 eats, some of them are rather dark and or not really PC), so the madness continues. She loves him even without the gram of reference for the original versions of parody songs. Although "King of Suede" did allow a good point of entry for me to introduce Sting and the Police to her.

I even managed to find my old VHS tapes with the original ALTV programs from the 80s (impossible to locate online without the music vids edited out). Now just have to find a way to watch them. Ha!

Al just announced an Apollo theater show next spring. We will definitely be there!

8. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

It was 38º when I left my house this morning (though it's already into the 50s now just about an hour or so later) and though the last thing I need is another piece of winter outerwear but it got me thinking of the Quincy overcoats that Southwick is doing for Epaulet and maybe I do want one of the solid color ones. I think it's only been about a month since they became available but I'm curious if anybody has received theirs yet? I'd love to see some photos or hear some feedback on the fit.

I once met Danny DeVito hanging out at a bar before a Queens of the Stone Age concert. I too was star struck but I eventually said hello and he was a very cool guy. He's also shorter in real life than he appears on the screen.

About 7 years ago, John Cho was temporarily living in the area while filming one of the Harold and Kumar movies and I met him at a coffee shop one afternoon and starting talking to him about his show Fringe which had just been cancelled. I'll always remember the day because later that night my wife went into labor with our first child. I'll let you StyleForum folks decide what was the most important event of my life that day. ;)

9. peppercorn78

Just because I'm THAT guy, and a sci fi geek, I'll point out that John Cho's show was Flash Forward, not Fringe ;)

10. Michigan Planner

D'oh! I knew that and it was definitely Flash Forward that we discussed. FWIW, I hated Fringe. The first season was pretty good but it went off the rails pretty quickly. Flash Forward was great though with an awesome concept. It's the only show who's cancellation made me angry because it just left me hanging like it did.

To this day, when my wife and I are watching TV and I want her to fast forward a few seconds on the DVR or NetFlix or whatever, I ask her to "Flash Forward".

11. peppercorn78

The last season of Fringe should never have happened. I loved the other seasons. It was basically held together by the atmosphere and the compelling chemistry between the characters, which were two things Flash Forward lacked, in my opinion.
    :fence:

12. Michigan Planner

My lost shirt has been recovered! My wife said she came home from the library this morning and it was sitting on our porch! Somebody must have found it, opened it up and saw the little tag with my name and then looked me up in our neighborhood directory. People are good!

Thank goodness IS puts the customer's name on the tags!

13. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior member

As remake-happy as Hollywood is, I'm really disappointed that no one has decided to make a gritty, ground, more realistic reboot of Wheel of Fish.

14. applky

applky Senior member

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We got in some SERIOUSLY rad hats:

Gonna be $55 each. Links and 15% code coming in the newsletter. You guys will absolutely love these.