Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Getting the waist taken in one inch should be fine. They'll have to relocate the center rear belt loop, but a decent tailor should be able to do that without a problem. Getting a size down would give you a smaller leg diameter, but it's a tiny difference between the individual inch sizes that we offer. I'd recommend going the tailoring route.

Thank you! It's a great shirt for this hot-ass terrible weather that we're having. Enjoy it!
    You, sir, read my mind.

We've had Tanner belts in stock for a few years and they're excellent for denim. But their "standard" belt it too thick for our Rivet Chinos and trousers.

Our new belts are about 0.20" thinner than the Tanner Standards. They slide perfectly through both our chino and trouser belts. We used a solid one-piece brass buckle rather than a roller buckle. And we used a soft, yet very tough, chromexcel leather cut. Overall, the belt sits flatter on the pants and works with more styles. Like our penny loafers, they can be easily dressed up or down. I think that you guys will be delighted with them - they're really a great match for our collection. I should be able to get them online tomorrow.

Thank you sir! Going for seven days in Vienna and Budapest. If they're any SF members in Wien, then holler at me! We're partying harder than hell at die schweitzerhaus one night.

2. Epaulet

BUILDING OUT THE PRODUCT REVIEW SECTIONS

Hey guys,

Fok (LA Guy) reached out to us to help build out the Product Review area. Currently, they populated it with a bunch of strange items from the likes of Yoox and Endless. So there's more D Squared and Mark Nason than there needs to be. Actually, pretty much more than one D Squared or Mark Nason item is more than there needs to be.

Anyway, we're building out items to be reviewed. The goal is for us, the other retailers, and the users to mold this review section into a large repository of knowledge about the kind of products that we're into. This way, the young'ins who are getting "into the game" can learn about the products that the Styleforum community enjoys.

I'll find a way to post up all the products that we build, but to start with something easy, here are the items that represent our Rivet Chino collection. If you have some free time and want to write an honest review of them (good and bad, please don't be afraid to criticize things if there are points that you don't like), we'd appreciate it!

http://www.styleforum.net/products/epaulet-rivet-chino-canvas
    http://www.styleforum.net/products/epaulet-rivet-chino-japanese-twill
    http://www.styleforum.net/products/epaulet-rivet-chino-uk-twill
    http://www.styleforum.net/products/epaulet-rivet-chino-japanese-heavyweight
    http://www.styleforum.net/products/epaulet-rivet-chino-short

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

If only I owned any. [​IMG]

5. Epaulet

And I've got a couple of fit pics from outside the Capsule NY show. Not quite up to the epic standards of kgmessier's photography, but we're going to keep working at it ;)

[​IMG]
    Me in a Fred Perry pointelle polo, Tangerine linen trousers, Aroostook Sewn By Hand mocs, and an Omega Speedmaster watch

[​IMG]
    Dylan in the Epaulet lavender microcheck dress shirt, Walt Tropical Wool shorts (limited run from Spring '10) and the absolutely bonkers Western Print Penobscot penny loafers.

[​IMG]
    Matt in the Epaulet blue point collar Oxford and Washed Red Walts. Gingham tie is J.Crew and the brown shoes are Faconnable.

6. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

^ You gents look excellent. The tangerine linen trousers are just... yeah.

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Click to enlarge...

[​IMG]

Isaia Sport Coat
    Brooks Brothers Slim Fit Shirt
    Engineered Garments Madras Tie
    Epaulet Medium Gray Super 120s Wool Trousers
    Johnston & Murphy Black Cherry Oxfords
    Home-Made Cloth Lapel Flower (courtesy of Mr. K)
    Home-Made Guitar Pick Tin (courtesy of Mrs. Messier)

(pocket square is going a little bit bananas)

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Quote:
    Ha! IIRC, Mike, you're the lens-master. I'm still fiddling around in the dark with my equipment (so to speak).

Oh, and that Fred Perry and tangerine linen outfit is just off the hook. Can we get a close-up of the Speedmaster?

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

KG: I don't think that jacket/pants combo works. Tones are too similar/not dissimilar enough. Love the tie though.

Color combo of Mike's outfit seemed unnatural at first but then I realized:

[​IMG]

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

You know, I think you're right. I tried it as an experiment, because pairing the Caine sack with the charcoal trousers seemed too obvious, but now I know why. [​IMG]

11. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

12. Epaulet

No K, you're killing it!Good outfits, great photos. Seriously, please keep it up - we love seeing it! And on the Speedmaster, just ax and ye shall receive: [​IMG] It's a 37mm automatic model, probably from the mid-90's. I put it on a loden shell cordo strap from Leffot. I bought it last year off Ebay for about $1000. It's a good-sized watch - especially for a chronograph - if you have a smaller wrist.
    Haha, it's always tough matching sportcoats and trousers that are similar in tone. The Caine would definitely work well. The rest of your fit kicks ass though!
    Yeah, I can't wait. I lived in Vienna for two years, so it will be fun to visit all of the old haunts. We were thinking about an adventurous vacation, but decided that going to a city where we drink beer and coffee all day long was a better choice. Got an air-conditioned hotel room too, which ain't easy in that town. And to check in on a few things with you guys... 1. Southwick sent me a shipping confirmation today! We'll receive the Weller in Medium Grey and Midnight blue around the end of next week. We'll contact all of the reservation folks first before putting the remaining stock up for general sale. 2. Epaulet Belts and two new Girlfriend shirts are going online today. I'll post up the links when we have them. 3. I'm going to dig through and try to find some more merchandise to load into our clearance sale section. We'll probably add pieces in throughout the weekend. Keep a look out! Here's the link 4. In the words of Tenacious D... "If you don't want your ass blown out, leave this thread before our Fall '11 stuff arrives." Holy god! I've been working like a fiend over the past six months and we have SO much good merchandise to offer this season. We'll start bringing the pain within the next four weeks.

13. jslade

jslade Senior member

I'm pretty excited to see the new belts coming online today. I'm going to be ordering another pair of trousers as well.

On a different note, does anyone know if the navy poplin trousers introduced earlier this summer are machine washable? They were taken off of Epaulet's website, and the actual pair say "Dry Clean Only" on them. However, the other poplin trousers still on the website state that they are fully machine-washable, so I'm getting conflicting signals here. I'm guessing that they're a different type of fabric?

Regardless, my housekeeper threw my trousers through the washing machine and dryer, and they came out fine, if not quite a bit tighter. In fact, I heard a rather loud rip when putting on my pants this morning, but took them off, and couldn't find any problem with it. :plain: I must be going crazy.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  14. Epaulet

Yes, my apologies for that. Try as I may, I can't get that dry clean tag off the pants. Certainly not for a lack of asking.

But take it from me - any Epaulet cotton trousers are fully machine-washable. If you wash cold and hang dry, any shrinkage is going to be minimal to none. I wash all of my pants this way. The only thing that you'll need to dry clean are wools and linens.

I definitely advise keeping them out of the dryer, though. You may or may not get shrinkage, but chances are good that you'll get a really ugly color fade if you do it often. Once or twice is no big deal, but I would definitely stress to them that they should be hang-dryed. And if your pants ever split on the seat, waist, or leg seams for any reason, don't panic. It's a very easy and inexpensive fix for a tailor to do.

15. jslade

jslade Senior member

Thank you for the prompt response, Mike. Your customer service is the greatest, bar none. I wonder if that even needs to be reiterated by this point. :blush: