Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Speaking of pit sweat, I've been looking forever for something natural w/o baking soda to do the job.

I found something, that for me, has been pretty amazing. Although I've never been a heavy duty sweater, it really does the job for me.

It is so simple. It's from Amazon and it's called Thai Crystal Deodorant mist.

Ingredients? Mineral salts and water. Just 4-5 short bursts of spray and allow to dry.

https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Deodora...100213&sr=8-1&keywords=thai+crystal+deodorant

The Epaulet armholes are close to almost too tight but it's ok for me. But if I put my shirt on before my shoes(I don't anymore), they dig in. The tightest armholes hitting my pits are from the Camo Field Jacket.

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Well... is there anything you could wear that wouldn't be fodder for middle school students to take you less seriously?

3. Don L

Don L Senior member

I use the Thai stone and swear by it

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@FLW this is amazing. You really own that huge stripe shirt... wish I got one of those for myself. Looks rad!

@avsmusic1 working on it.. hopefully have a sample to show you guys in a week or two.

@rnguy001 truthfully no... and not because it isn't a great item. But after becoming an Aero rep, everything else kind of pales in comparison.

We were north of $1000 on the Bartlett as OTR, and that was a few years ago. Would be higher now. For a bit more, you can get a horsehide Aero jacket totally made to your specs and (crucially) with exactly the correct sleeve length. They usually deliver in under two months too.. this past Summer notwithstanding. We're never going to be a huge resource for leather outerwear, so this makes the most sense for us. Our Aero shapes speak very well to our in-house jackets (Vittorio, Doyle, new designs) so it's possible to upsell customers on custom items. Maybe you got a Doyle a few months ago and you love it. Instead of the crapshoot for a leather jacket, you can work with us directly to make one that will work for you.. all based upon clothing that you already own from us. We can generally back-engineer an Aero size from Individualized measurements too.

As nice as our Golden Bear & Thedi businesses were, we're selling double the volume with Aero, not holding inventory, and getting people exactly what they want at a better price. It's a win all around.

I think that the new Double Rider is going to knock your (collective) ass out!

@peppercorn78 haha, okay we can fix this. We have the technology! PM me your real name and I'll check your fit. A photo of you wearing the shirt is helpful too. Things that can be done:

1) Giving the shoulder more slope to angle the armhole down
    2) Giving you a wider sleeve diameter
    3) If you're buying dress shirts, upgrade to a higher thread count. They tend to breathe better and resist stains more.

In terms of your existing shirts, I can't recommend Oxyclean enough. It really works. I learned last year that beautiful dress shirts and 3.5yo girls who are fresh from the "face painting" station can be a toxic mix. My daughter gave me a hug and turned my Individualized shirt into a wearable Shroud of Turin. I did the following:

1) Spray the stains with Oxyclean remover

[​IMG]
    2) Lay the shirt out and work some Oxyclean powder until the stained areas. Just press it in while its wet from the spray.

[​IMG]
    3) Put the shirt inside a mesh bag by itself and wash on the delicate cycle inside a mesh bag. Low agitation. Wash it by itself with no soap. Hang dry.

This worked on some very tough and greasy paint makeup. I haven't tried it on pit stains, but I'm confident it will make a big difference with them. Certainly worth a try. And we'll calculate for you fit for future shirts to try and minimize this.

5. Epaulet

Oh and quick updates with good news:

1) Gitman Bros EFF shirts shipped from PA yesterday.
    2) Hertling Walt & Rudy promo trousers shipped from Brooklyn today. Taylor/Gable leaving in the next few days.

This is a lot of incoming stuff, so we're scheduling some temp people for next Friday. Goal will be to ship everything possible that day. Should be in your hands very soon.. and I think that this is the fastest promo turnaround that we've ever gotten from either factory. Worked really well!

6. FLW

FLW Senior member

Moar data!!

PTO did posted a great shirt treatment plan that has worked on many things for me in the past. Here is a link:

http://putthison.com/post/441812762/cleaningshirts

I have this saved in at least three or four places and refer to it constantly.

7. SherifEnt

SherifEnt Senior member

mike @Epaulet thanks for letting us know about the double rider. I was considering Schott but this obviously changes things :)

8. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

@Epaulet ^ Yeah Mike thanks for the great message. FYI I own the Epaulet x Thedi cafe racer in both black and brown and love them both, sorry to hear you're not working with Thedi anymore but completely understand the reasons.

Will you guys have an option for two-way zipper?

9. Epaulet

Oh yeh, you're gonna love it @SherifEnt ... not only are Aero and Schott in entirely different worlds of comfort and quality, but we can get you the exact sleeve length you need, which is huge when you've got finished zip cuffs. They cost a fortune to alter if you need it.

The new leather on offer is Mid Weight Seal Jerky Horsehide, which should be really rad. I'm hoping to have these in hand end of next week.

10. Epaulet

@rnguy001 sorry, we won't. Aero is committed to that old school style, and double zips weren't around in the glory days.. according to them. Although I'm willing to bet it's more an issue of customers finding them to be difficult, particularly with thicker leathers. But either way, they won't use them. We've sold about 60 jackets since January and it hasn't been an issue, but I understand that some customers prefer it one way or the other.

11. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior member

12. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

Any possibility of doing an A2 silhouette? I know Aero makes a nice one with a natural shearling collar.