• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of pit sweat, I've been looking forever for something natural w/o baking soda to do the job.

I found something, that for me, has been pretty amazing. Although I've never been a heavy duty sweater, it really does the job for me.

It is so simple. It's from Amazon and it's called Thai Crystal Deodorant mist.

Ingredients? Mineral salts and water. Just 4-5 short bursts of spray and allow to dry.

https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Deodora...100213&sr=8-1&keywords=thai+crystal+deodorant

The Epaulet armholes are close to almost too tight but it's ok for me. But if I put my shirt on before my shoes(I don't anymore), they dig in. The tightest armholes hitting my pits are from the Camo Field Jacket.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is, the shirts feel and move fantastic, but it makes me cringe to think about maybe having to retire them prematurely, considering the quality and expense. Plus, it's hard to be taken seriously by middle school band students whilst conducting with massive sweat stains...

:fu:

Well... is there anything you could wear that wouldn't be fodder for middle school students to take you less seriously?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of pit sweat, I've been looking forever for something natural w/o baking soda to do the job.

I found something, that for me, has been pretty amazing. Although I've never been a heavy duty sweater, it really does the job for me.

It is so simple. It's from Amazon and it's called Thai Crystal Deodorant mist.

Ingredients? Mineral salts and water. Just 4-5 short bursts of spray and allow to dry.

https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Deodora...100213&sr=8-1&keywords=thai+crystal+deodorant

The Epaulet armholes are close to almost too tight but it's ok for me. But if I put my shirt on before my shoes(I don't anymore), they dig in. The tightest armholes hitting my pits are from the Camo Field Jacket.
I use the Thai stone and swear by it

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the giant image (Is there a way to upload an image without having a URL for it? I finally just copied and pasted this one from the original)

Anyway, if I'm "King of the Brights" as Mike says, here I am watching the throne.

Individualized shirt, Southwick MTO indigo linen jacket (part of a suit)

@FLW this is amazing. You really own that huge stripe shirt... wish I got one of those for myself. Looks rad!

Came into work today and nearly everyone on my team was wearing jeans. Apparently they decided Friday was now jeans day and I didn't get the memo. Which means......

@Epaulet - where do we stand on the dad jeans?

@avsmusic1 working on it.. hopefully have a sample to show you guys in a week or two.

@Epaulet - Mike any chance you'll bring back the Bartlett DR Jacket?

@rnguy001 truthfully no... and not because it isn't a great item. But after becoming an Aero rep, everything else kind of pales in comparison.

We were north of $1000 on the Bartlett as OTR, and that was a few years ago. Would be higher now. For a bit more, you can get a horsehide Aero jacket totally made to your specs and (crucially) with exactly the correct sleeve length. They usually deliver in under two months too.. this past Summer notwithstanding. We're never going to be a huge resource for leather outerwear, so this makes the most sense for us. Our Aero shapes speak very well to our in-house jackets (Vittorio, Doyle, new designs) so it's possible to upsell customers on custom items. Maybe you got a Doyle a few months ago and you love it. Instead of the crapshoot for a leather jacket, you can work with us directly to make one that will work for you.. all based upon clothing that you already own from us. We can generally back-engineer an Aero size from Individualized measurements too.

As nice as our Golden Bear & Thedi businesses were, we're selling double the volume with Aero, not holding inventory, and getting people exactly what they want at a better price. It's a win all around.

I think that the new Double Rider is going to knock your (collective) ass out!

Warning of possible TMI---

@Epaulet

Resume previous communications...

@peppercorn78 haha, okay we can fix this. We have the technology! PM me your real name and I'll check your fit. A photo of you wearing the shirt is helpful too. Things that can be done:

1) Giving the shoulder more slope to angle the armhole down
2) Giving you a wider sleeve diameter
3) If you're buying dress shirts, upgrade to a higher thread count. They tend to breathe better and resist stains more.

In terms of your existing shirts, I can't recommend Oxyclean enough. It really works. I learned last year that beautiful dress shirts and 3.5yo girls who are fresh from the "face painting" station can be a toxic mix. My daughter gave me a hug and turned my Individualized shirt into a wearable Shroud of Turin. I did the following:

1) Spray the stains with Oxyclean remover

52133393926ea5219cb3330913bc34de.500

2) Lay the shirt out and work some Oxyclean powder until the stained areas. Just press it in while its wet from the spray.

7236a315eb15702884196c84d4c665ed.500

3) Put the shirt inside a mesh bag by itself and wash on the delicate cycle inside a mesh bag. Low agitation. Wash it by itself with no soap. Hang dry.

This worked on some very tough and greasy paint makeup. I haven't tried it on pit stains, but I'm confident it will make a big difference with them. Certainly worth a try. And we'll calculate for you fit for future shirts to try and minimize this.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and quick updates with good news:

1) Gitman Bros EFF shirts shipped from PA yesterday.
2) Hertling Walt & Rudy promo trousers shipped from Brooklyn today. Taylor/Gable leaving in the next few days.

This is a lot of incoming stuff, so we're scheduling some temp people for next Friday. Goal will be to ship everything possible that day. Should be in your hands very soon.. and I think that this is the fastest promo turnaround that we've ever gotten from either factory. Worked really well!

SherifEnt

Reaction score
mike @Epaulet thanks for letting us know about the double rider. I was considering Schott but this obviously changes things :)

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet ^ Yeah Mike thanks for the great message. FYI I own the Epaulet x Thedi cafe racer in both black and brown and love them both, sorry to hear you're not working with Thedi anymore but completely understand the reasons.

Will you guys have an option for two-way zipper?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
mike @Epaulet thanks for letting us know about the double rider. I was considering Schott but this obviously changes things :)

Oh yeh, you're gonna love it @SherifEnt ... not only are Aero and Schott in entirely different worlds of comfort and quality, but we can get you the exact sleeve length you need, which is huge when you've got finished zip cuffs. They cost a fortune to alter if you need it.

The new leather on offer is Mid Weight Seal Jerky Horsehide, which should be really rad. I'm hoping to have these in hand end of next week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet ^ Yeah Mike thanks for the great message. FYI I own the Epaulet x Thedi cafe racer in both black and brown and love them both, sorry to hear you're not working with Thedi anymore but completely understand the reasons.

Will you guys have an option for two-way zipper?

@rnguy001 sorry, we won't. Aero is committed to that old school style, and double zips weren't around in the glory days.. according to them. Although I'm willing to bet it's more an issue of customers finding them to be difficult, particularly with thicker leathers. But either way, they won't use them. We've sold about 60 jackets since January and it hasn't been an issue, but I understand that some customers prefer it one way or the other.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Any possibility of doing an A2 silhouette? I know Aero makes a nice one with a natural mouton collar.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Any ETA on the Rivet/Sandow MTO promotion from early August?

@Duke Silver first batch actually shipped today and should be here end next week. Taking a bit longer than I'd like because it's their first time doing anything like this. I'm expecting subsequent orders to come through a lot faster

Any possibility of doing an A2 silhouette? I know Aero makes a nice one with a natural mouton collar.

@stevenkmason we can order pretty much anything that you see on the Aero site. Our jackets are made with our fit and armholes, but we can more or less apply that to one of their stock patterns. Get it close enough at least. You can drop me a PM and I'll get you a price quote on anything you're interested in.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxyclean for whites is fantastic getting the yellowing that can occur in time to white bedding stuff.

After I took a pic of the bleached Tobacco Doyle, I was considering getting the Japanese Navy Baby Cord shirt with dual flap pockets with the Artisan collar. I wanted to double check how the Artisan collar looked on me so I threw on the Navy Bengal Stripe w/Artisan collar I had over the gear I was wearing at the time.

The way the pattern of the shirt and my shorts looked together was fun so I took a pic for ***** and giggles. Kind of a cool over shirt and outfit. Roll up the sleeves and I'm ready for a pool party.
IMG_20170916_211316518.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all For the pit stains advice! Haha, I'll definitely check out the Thai deodorant and the oxyclean. Mike, I'll be in touch about the arm holes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads