Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. loxo

loxo Senior member

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I live in S. Fl. but I still would like a Quincy.

I've bought a gray Schott Car Coat from Epaulet, various Schneider wool coats(1 navy 1 rust) and knits and an Eidos Indigo Peacoat just cause they looked incredibly boss and my style. I also have an awesome heavy camel wool overcoat that my Dad left to me that he bought in the 60's from Beau Brummel NY..

But I have not worn any of them out yet.

I'm not sure how I'd look in it but that camel/navy/rust Tweed looks super cool. And the black cashmere coat with a little extra length would probably look bad ass.

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Well we can do a Quincy in one of the mid-weight fabrics that we offered for Sportcoats. No reason why it can't be cut in a much lighter cloth for Florida.

4. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

@Epaulet Mike, that's a nice offer. Thanks. I'm not sure where to look to see the possible fabrics though.

When I mentioned the outerwear I currently have but haven't worn out yet, it wasn't a complaint. I bought all of them as I was looking ahead to a time where I might spend time in colder climes and have awesome coats to style. That's what I was thinking with the Quincy as well.

I don't think most of what I have now would be appropriate for Florida winters sans the Eidos Boucle Peacoat(as it's sort of a knit) or the shorter Schneider wool Juncus coat on most Florida winter days which are usually in the high 50's-60's. So far, I actually did wear the Schneider out once but mostly the Epaulet Lambswool Shawl cardigan on some cold Florida nights. The Doyle's (and the upcoming waxed jacket) would probably be the most appropriate.

So a Quincy most likely would be for one of those "looking ahead" times. In all my years down here in S. Fl., I don't think I've ever seen a guy wear an overcoat like the Quincy-Heavy or mid weight fabric.... Shoot, I see many guys wearing shorts and flip flops in cold weather. A real style mecca down here....

Sorry for the ramblings. Guess I'm just mulling over strategy and which fabric weight to consider......

Hermosa Beach winters can get into the 40's-50's I see. Your 14 oz Donegal is probably perfect for that.

5. FLW

FLW Senior member

upload_2017-9-22_6-52-41.png

Sorry for the giant image (Is there a way to upload an image without having a URL for it? I finally just copied and pasted this one from the original)

Anyway, if I'm "King of the Brights" as Mike says, here I am watching the throne.

Individualized shirt, Southwick MTO indigo linen jacket (part of a suit)

6. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Came into work today and nearly everyone on my team was wearing jeans. Apparently they decided Friday was now jeans day and I didn't get the memo. Which means......

@Epaulet - where do we stand on the dad jeans?

7. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

@Epaulet - Mike any chance you'll bring back the Bartlett DR Jacket?