Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. loxo

loxo Senior member

I'm considering the Quincey overcoat and debating between the heavyweight navy wool/cashmere or the cobalt check Harris tweed. A navy mac overcoat is a bit of a classic and the I'm assuming the cashmere would make it very soft. I have a couple pairs of Italian-milled wool/cashmere trousers and the hand on them is very plush.
    However, I really like the character of the pattern on the tweed. Coats in a fabric like that are rare. My concern is how punchy the pattern is and how it will play out in a full overcoat. Will it be so loud that it becomes a "statement" piece or could it be worn casually?

Tangentially, I have a Southwick sport coat made up in the Navy/Rust houndstooth tweed and it is so awesome. If I wore that with the tweed overcoat I think I would probably either lose my Styleforum cred or just ascend immediately to Tweed Valhalla.

2. applky

applky Senior member

Pretty sure you would gain SF cred!

I almost got that fabric for my Quincy, but went with a different Tweed. It was a tough choice though, as my ultimate style goal is basically to look like Max von Sydow in Three Days of the Condor.

[​IMG]

For sale:
    Southwick x Epaulet BNWT Harris Tweed SC, 38
    Three terrific Vanda Fine Clothing neckties