Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SherifEnt

SherifEnt Senior member

Mike @Epaulet the Indigo Linear Donegal looks amazing I could not resist. You guys are really delivering. (The Quincy; single cut jackets/suits, amwool , Individualized fabrics , coastal cardigan etc. ) I guess I read earlier that there will be new Doyles later this week. I think I need a larger closet or will have to annex one of my children's closet

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We will change the "resources" to "classifieds" or "Listing". The reason that it was called "resources" is a dev thing. A lot of developers think in terms of digital products, or virtual products in say, online interactive games, and "resources" is a common term in that world. Sigh.... NERRRRDS!

And yes, I understand about the clunkiness of the listing. That is a design issue. When we asked for some hacks to make it more useful for us, the devs just sorta stuck the fields wherever. The original presentation had a much nicer UX flow, but didn't have the fields we needed. Sigh... I sometimes do wish that we were a big commercial group with a lot of websites and could simply dictate terms to a product manager and have them design a professional system and manage in house developers and designers... Of course, then we wouldn't be able to do all the community minded things that we do here...

Take home: all things come at a price. For us, the small size of the company that allows this place to run more like a family than a big conglomerate also makes it impossible to have things work at the pace I'd like them to. That said, we do have some resources. They are just not as easy to access and to manage as they would be if we had them in house.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 2:30 PM

3. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Just snagged a pair of the Battleship. These are gonna be great.

4. styleophile

styleophile Well-Known Member