• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to my Harris Tweed Quincy! @Epaulet Mike, is there a way we could get it fully lined for an upcharge? Or, if not, is there anyone you'd recommend in NYC who would put a liner in it? I'm sure Pablo at Stanton could do it but he'd need me to bring him the liner fabric, I'd imagine.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quincy notwithstanding, it is still slik/linen time in these parts. Only had time for a quick work selfie. Wore this three-piece suit without the vest, and the pocket square apparently jumped out in protest.

36408384034_0918065796_o_d.jpg

Southwick glen plaid slik/linen suit
Individualized DJA Sea Island Cotton
EP snuff suede belt
Carmina double monks

Tie and PS are Vanda

Swangerman

Reaction score
@Epaulet Planning on doing another batch of the white monochrome tennis sneakers? My pair is wearing beautifully but would love a fresh set.

etostano

Reaction score
Looking forward to my Harris Tweed Quincy! @Epaulet Mike, is there a way we could get it fully lined for an upcharge? Or, if not, is there anyone you'd recommend in NYC who would put a liner in it? I'm sure Pablo at Stanton could do it but he'd need me to bring him the liner fabric, I'd imagine.
I had Ercole's do this once (adding a lightweight flannel lining to a tweed greatcoat). If you intend this to be a true winter coat I'd highly recommended, but given this is more of a topcoat shape it seems like overkill

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you guys set up the Reddit Buy&Sell yet? If not, hopefully soon? I've got a snorkel parka and Mulberry jacket begging for a proper home. Unfortunately the B&S here is totally worthless.

If it's 38 and black I'd be interested. I've got a sage 38 that I would like to let go if that intrigues anyone

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry, it should have ended midnight PT. A few guys got frozen out with that, it was my mistake. Talked to Individualized, and I can send orders by this evening.

I reactivated the code japan20... it's going to work until 8PM EST / 5PM PST. Sorry, wish that I could extend it, but I have to submit the fabric orders to them tonight, they have someone who's tallying it up tomorrow morning.

Don't stress anyone if you have an order in and we're still working out sizing, we an do that next week. Like Southwick I just have to tell them what we're cutting today.

Thanks! The extra time allowed me to get that navy baby cord overshirt in (brown horn button and double square chest pockets). Good work, team Epaulet.

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had Ercole's do this once (adding a lightweight flannel lining to a tweed greatcoat). If you intend this to be a true winter coat I'd highly recommended, but given this is more of a topcoat shape it seems like overkill

Fantastic info. I'm more just looking for a regular acetate/bemberg liner, though if lightweight flannel can be placed between the liner and the coat fabric (Harris Tweed) I'd spring for it. It would be nice to have this be a warmer jacket, as I own numerous topcoats that are lighter/moderate in weight.

How much did that run you at Ercole's, if you recall? Can't imagine it'd be under $150, given that they'd have to fabricate interior pocket entrances. Also keep in mind I've never patronized Ercole's so if you get any repeat customer deal that wouldn't apply to me.

For sale:

Southwick x Epaulet BNWT Harris Tweed SC, 38 ($365)

Three terrific Vanda Fine Clothing neckties ($75)

etostano

Reaction score
Fantastic info. I'm more just looking for a regular acetate/bemberg liner, though if lightweight flannel can be placed between the liner and the coat fabric (Harris Tweed) I'd spring for it. It would be nice to have this be a warmer jacket, as I own numerous topcoats that are lighter/moderate in weight.

How much did that run you at Ercole's, if you recall? Can't imagine it'd be under $150, given that they'd have to fabricate interior pocket entrances. Also keep in mind I've never patronized Ercole's so if you get any repeat customer deal that wouldn't apply to me.
I honestly don't remember but that guesstimate seems reasonable - mine may not have involved interior pocket work though (it was a double-breasted coat so I didn't have him put the extra liner in the portion in front that overlapped). I'd shoot him an email for an estimate if you're thinking about it

OdusBK

Reaction score
About 2 years ago Epaulet ran a shetland sweater collection, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a manufacturer who has a similar style of shetland sweaters. The epaulet sweaters were not very scratchy and I was able to wear them with just a short-sleeve shirt underneath. The fit was spot on and they didn't have the brushed texture that other shetlands have.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bordeaux coastline ordered. i'm excited

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! The extra time allowed me to get that navy baby cord overshirt in (brown horn button and double square chest pockets). Good work, team Epaulet.

@Patrick R thank you and ace choice on that cord shirt!

@Epaulet
New kamigata still in the works?

Yup! Scheduled to finish by this Friday or next Monday latest. Planning a launch next week. Wait until you see this red heavyweight chambray, it's freaking amazing. Total one-off fabric too.

@applky this is definitely possible.. you could ask Pablo at Stanton for his quote as well, that's certainly going to be cheaper than Ercole. If you're gonna do your own liner, you could even do a really lightweight wool for the body if you want it warmer. Should be pretty easy with the Harris Fabric. Sleeves are already done in bemberg.

Roses for days and nights

@DapperDan08 This shirt is so freaking awesome

About 2 years ago Epaulet ran a shetland sweater collection, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a manufacturer who has a similar style of shetland sweaters. The epaulet sweaters were not very scratchy and I was able to wear them with just a short-sleeve shirt underneath. The fit was spot on and they didn't have the brushed texture that other shetlands have.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

@OdusBK all of our in-house Shetland stuff was either William Lockie or Scott & Charters. I believe that Unionmade still stocks Scott & Charters private label stuff.

bordeaux coastline ordered. i'm excited

@trig thanks so much!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads