Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Man, I was all set to place an order, but now I want to see what's coming in.

Also, get those Ashland shirts, kids. Love mine.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    Can you give us a run-down of what new goods to expect in the coming days.

3. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

"Man, I was all set to place an order, but now I want to see what's coming in."

the tradeshow's were for spring 2012...so you have a while to wait for those haha.

however, early fall should be arriving in the next couple weeks....

4. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Is it just me or is there something about the fabric on the newer jeans that makes them seem to fit/appear different than the old one? My cone mills pair feels like a different jean and looks it in the mirror, but when I lay them both down flat and measure they're about 11" across the thigh and look closer to the same same. The old ones are a bit harder to button and feel more snug around the waist. The new ones feel and look a bit relaxed all around. The cone mills went through an initial hot wash and a cold soak five months in, hot wash 7 months in. These Kurabo ones have gone through two hot soaks. I'm a bit confused, because they fit and look more relaxed than my same size gun metal chinos which have only been cold washed/hang dried.

5. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Yeah, I can wait for next year, but Mike said he had stuff in now. ;)

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That's definitely the case. Both the Cone and Kurabo denim was cut with the exact same patter. The difference is in the tension of the fabric. From my experience, the Kurabo is a very normal sanforized denim. It's relatively soft when it's raw, it stretches and breaks in (but not to a crazy degree) and it stiffens up right after wash.

The Cone Mills stuff was pretty crazy. For a sanforized denim, it had almost no give whatsover. The fabric doesn't really flex with your body so it feels and looks tighter - even if the physical measurements are pretty similar.

In general, I wouldn't recommend soaking the Kurabo. Chances are, it stretched out quite a bit with that. But don't worry - it's not permanent. If you want to give it a full proper wash and hang dry it, you'll find that it will fit slimmer afterwards.

Adele and I are going on vacation from August 8th through the 15th, so we'll put up most of our early Fall goods after that. But I expect to have the following things live before then:

1. Full Epaulet belt collection. Right now we've just got the western print belt up. We'll also offer a Black Chromexcel Single Prong, Brown Chromexcel Single Prong, Brown Chromexcel Double Prong, and Hoof Pick belts in both black and brown.

2. Restock of Southwick for Michael Kuhle Weller jacket in Medium Grey and the intro of the Weller in Midnight Blue. Restock of the Caine hopsack blazer.

2. Girlfriend Shirts for the ladies! We made them up in both the Buffalo Check Madras and the Multicolored Madras - same fabric as the men's

3. Rivet Chino Service Pant. This hasn't yet shipped from LA so I don't want to make any promises, but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to launch this before the vacation

4. Pretty sure we'll get some new Epaulet shirts soon. I have a bunch of things on order, so we'll see what comes through.

5. New trousers are being cut as we speak. The two newest styles will be Cramerton cloth Walt and Rudy's and Italian Flannel Walt and Rudy slim cargo trousers. Cramerton cloth is awesome - it's a thick UK twill in British Khaki that's a repro of the WWII British uniform cloth. It will come with rear flap pockets and a front button-down watch pocket. The Italian Flannel cargo trousers will be awesome, with slim pockets on both legs. A little Milan style on those!

7. mothball

mothball Senior member

Mike, am I remembering correctly in thinking you had mentioned rivet corduroys for the fall?

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes! Actually those should be here around the end of August. It's a "Bedford Cord," so it's a tough woven fabric with ridges that look like corduroy, but it's less defined and more subtle. Really looking forward to those.

9. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

seconded.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Wow, looking forward to this. :nodding:

Also, I realized after wearing my Gunmetal chinos for a while that they are about 1 size too big in the waist (must have lost some weight). Has anyone had an experience with getting the waist taken in by a tailor? Is it easy? A good idea? Or should I really re-buy in a smaller size to preserve the overall "cut"?

Also, the gunmetal chinos are super soft. The drape is actually closer to that of a trouser than a jean. Are the other rivet chinos the same? Or is the material a bit more rigid?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

IME, there are a few Rivet Chinos that are really soft: navy and British khaki for sure—gray/purple Epaulet x Staple are crazy-soft.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

[​IMG]

had to jump on the last small. at $65, I'll gladly pay the $20 in tailoring I'll need on it. I'd been staring at this for months, going "amazing but not perfect." Thanks, Epaulet.

13. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

yeah really excited for Epaulet belts.

I have/love the navy rivet chino and think they have a pretty unique drape between "trouser" and "jeans." the lower rise shows an definite affinity for denim. I haven't tried the gunmetal chinos so I can't comment on how the fabric wears. Maybe my navy's will get more similar to yours with more wear?

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

Mike, how do you expect the Epaulet belts to fit?

I know that kind of sounds like a stupid question; I ask because I purchased a standard belt from Tanner Goods a while back, and it was unexpectedly thick when I received it -- too thick for my tastes, actually. No knock on their products, but I'm looking for something a little thinner. I'd like to know whether or not to set some money aside for a casual Epaulet belt. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  15. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member