Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

Don't you think the 34 rudies will be to big of a thigh? The chino thigh fit me good so the 32 on the rudies have a 13" inch thigh which is pretty good while the 34 rudy has a 13.5" inch thigh. I just think they might be to big. Does any have the 34 chino and the 34 rudy? is it comparable? Thanks for all the help

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I like how Mike has the luxury of calling out trolls now, knowing that there's absolutely zero chance of being the angriest or craziest vendor on the forums...

Christmas in July party:

[​IMG]

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Pic request for epaulet denim (Smith cut).
    yeah that's you StanleyVanBuren

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]

You look good, StanVan, but I want to see more pics of the cutie pie in the long red dress.

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Click to enlarge...

[​IMG]

Epaulet Lavender Pinpoint Oxford
    Epaulet Seersucker Slim Walt Trousers
    Alden x LS NST Saddle Bluchers​

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

6. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

dammit, you are killing it lately!

you bastard.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Well, I find that the Chinos fit a little bit in between the walt and the rudy - at least in terms of the thighs. You mentioned that you had big thighs, so I suggested those. But if you've got other pants on-hand to directly compare the measurements, then you may very well be able to wear the Walts. Every guy defines "big thighs" differently :)
    I could look at fit pics of those pants all day long. That's the dopest Christmas in July party pic that I've ever seen.
    Agreed! Great Gatsby style!

8. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

I've followed this thread for nearly a year and find many of Epaulet's offerings to be absolutely beautiful. However, I'm a doctoral student and the pay doesn't necessarily support purchasing fine American craftsmanship. Anyway, I've decided that nice things are worth working for, so I've spent my free time purchasing gently worn clothes and shoes at local thrift stores, cleaning it up, and selling for a modest and fair price. Took me a couple weeks, but finally got enough cake to order a pair of british khakis. Can't wait!

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It's all about budgeting. For example, I decided it'd be worth it to skip paying my phone bill for a month and instead buy the pink floral shirt from epaulet. Sure, I got nailed with a nasty late fee from Verizon, but is having a phone going to get a woman insta-roused like my floral? I don't think so. As far as I see it, it's about prioritizing.

10. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

it's also about use/utility value - one thing that struck me immediately (and consistently) about Epaulet's offerings is that they are really, really well made. The shirts, pants, and denim are have are serious garments. I buy clothing that I am going to wear into the ground, and my preference is that this happens over many years, not just one.

that said, I fully support vintage/thrifting.

11. vilinx

vilinx Senior member

I'm looking to diversify from jeans and wouldn't mind a pair of khakis. Can anyone say anything about the Golden Khakis vs the British Khakis? I'd guess I'd wear them with such exciting things as blue and green polos and such. Is the British khaki a little green (as in not good to wear with blue shirts?

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Ha! Thanks, man.

Ah, if only...

[​IMG]

This logic is wholly infallible.

I can't speak to the color of the Golden, but the British has some green in it, which I consider a plus. Still, it's very warm, and I think it would go fine with a blue OCBD. I may even be able to dig out a pic of myself wearing those two together.

- K

13. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Either will be fine. I prefer the color cast on the Golden Khakis, but the British Khakis will be just fine.

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i have a pair of the british khaki's for sale in size 29. it does have a hint of green/olive but can easily be worn with shirts of various shades of blue

15. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

I'm Looking to replace my w+h westpoint chino's in khaki.. I have EP's rivet chino in British Khaki and like the fit of the EP's more than the fit of the w+h.. Of the heavyweight stone and the golden khaki which ones color most resembles the w+h westpoint chinos in khaki? Thanks!