Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I wouldn't even characterize Mike's response as going off. It was a measured thoughtful reply to idiocy. He was exponentially more patient than I would have been. Kudos Mike; showing yourself to be a class act, as usual.

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Have to agree with the comments on the Stewart Blacks...looking forward to a cool day and breaking these out. Will be awhile, though. Currently in Houston on a project and it is dog ball hot.
    Picked up the worsted flannel pine a day or so ago, looking forward to those as well.

Mike, any new shirts breaking in the next few weeks?

3. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

34 Rudys my dude. I am in the same boat, take 34 chinos and take 34 Rudys. I have big thighs as well and Rudys are the way to go. Plus you can take them in or out about 1.5 inches either way.

4. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Yup. That guy is an a troll. I cannot believe I spent the the time I did to type the reply to him that I did.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Off to a "Christmas in July" party... gee, I wonder what pants I should wear? :devil:

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Click to enlarge...

[​IMG]

Epaulet Red Floral Shirt
    J. Lindeberg Twill Chinos
    Epaulet Natural Chromexcel Penobscot Loafers​

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

8. PorterInjax

Awesome. I wore pretty much the same thing in Rome & Florence. Floral shirt, pair of Incotex I bought over there and the natural penny loafers. Thought I had some fit pics but between my fiancee using multiple memory cards and one of us leaving one of them somewhere on the Amalfi coast I haven't been able to find them.

9. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

Did you mean 34 walts? As i think 34 rudys the thigh will be to big. I got about 12.75" inch thigh

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Looks like a good read, kg. :nodding:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

11. SimonSays

SimonSays Member

A quick question. I really like some of the trousers available but they all seem to come in a 34", I'm a 30" at best so I'm just concerned as to how much chopping off 4 inches will affect the shape/proportion of the trousers?

...I guess this is more of a tailoring question but I don't like taking off 1 inch let alone 4...

...would they also need tapering then, too?

=/

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Well, break out the camera and snap a few today! [​IMG]

My wife got it for me as a joke gift a while back. (We were already engaged at the time, so it wasn't a "hint hint.") The copyright is 1945. [​IMG]

Here's a segment from the introduction:

"There is no pretending it isn't so. A girl's career is marriage. Any other career she takes up is either something to do while she waits for the right man to propose, or something to do after she has given up hope."

You're talking about the inseam length, right? I think you'll be fine trimming the length down four inches. I just measured a pair of my trousers, and the leg opening size isn't any different at the hem or 4" up from it.

13. PorterInjax

Wish I could snap some photos. In Houston on biz and don't have those kind of duds with me.

Quote from the book is classic!

14. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

:slayer: :inlove: Put me down for two in S! Btw, is the rerun gonna be the charcoal grey or the original blue?

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

REGULATORS! MOUNT UP!
    Definitely go for the 34 Rudies - you'll love the fit!
    Yup, our factory comes off holiday in the middle of next week. I know that we've got some new cutaway collars in-bound. I'll press 'em for those shadow dots too. I bet that new shirts will flow in sometime in the middle of the month.
    Well, I definitely appreciate you writing it! Thanks for all the kind words.
    No, you should be good, they're meant to be finished anywhere from 29 to 35". The tapering that far down is negligible.
    Still waiting on confirmation, but it's probably going to be a new colorway. And, for any Naked and Famous fans... I've had these jeans hanging out in the shop for the better part of a year. I just marked them down to $85 and put them in the sale section. Really solid jean for the money. We've got nearly a full size run available. [​IMG] Slim Guy Nep Selvedge: Was $160, Now $85