Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. scb

scb Senior member

so with all these Doyle sizing questions, I'm still not sure about 38 or 40.

I'm 6', 165 lbs. I wear a Medium Epaulet shirt. I think I can probably get a 38, but do I want a little more length with the 40?

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

That's been the question I've been floating here as well.

If you look at the fit pic I posted on the previous page, that is a size 38 of the original Doyle. It fits well. But that is the old style. And I feel the older doyle is a more casual, SWD fit. The newer Doyle's look a bit more on the dressier side. Maybe due to the weight and thickness of the fabric.

The new style has a slightly wider chest. My measurements are very close to yours. 6'1", 165, 38.5" chest. My shoulders are on the narrow side at 17.75+...

I've been advised here to go with the 38. I did so with my Walnut Doyle order. But I'm curious about the Golden Graham wool that I also went 38 with.

I asked Mike but he has gotten back to me yet. He did say to a poster who was a 38 s SC that going with a 40 would give a good, slouchy look. That interested me.

3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

My EZ Pants in the petrol blue arrived and they fit even better than expected. They are sooooo comfortable! They immediately went off to the tailor to be shortened (along with my Dragoni cotton Taylors). The EZ pant is seriously awesome. Maybe it's my bigger thighs and calf or something, but they are not very slouchy or overly-relaxed looking on me at all.

I definitely hope there are more of these in the future!

4. sushijerk

sushijerk Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, epaulet got shouted out on a podcast this weekend by the male fashion editor of the wall St journal. Apparently he used to work at your store and he credits epaulet as where he learned about sampling, production, feedback, and informs him about how he thinks about clothing currently. Kind of out of left field because it's a music/culture/comedy podcast by a west coast dj but cool to suddenly hear your store get mentioned.

5. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I'm 5'9" and 175lbs with a 41" chest. The 40 fits me well so I suspect you'll want a 38.

6. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior member

Please post some shots when you get them back. I've just been rolling mine to this point and I can't make up my mind if I wanna get them shortened or not. I kinda like the vibe of the rolled bottoms, but I can see them becoming a bit more versatile if they were shortened.

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Definitely will do.

If I were taller, I probably would have worn them rolled a few times before sending them to the tailor, but having a relatively short inseam, there was just too much excess material for me to do that. When I dropped them off at the tailor, I contemplated having them hemmed a couple inches longer than I normally would just so that I could wear them with rolled bottoms but elected not to just because of versatility.

But I can absolutely see them going either way.

8. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Ugh, I must not have thick enough legs because my EZ pants are comically wide on me. I think they'll look better if I taper the leg opening to 7.5" rather than 8", so I'll give that a shot

9. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

10. L.I.T.

L.I.T. Well-Known Member

EZ pants in olive Khyber cloth with the brown crepe Chelseas from last year. Wish I had a full mirror.

image.jpg

11. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Please post a link to the podcast.

Teba is here and it is awesome.

12. cyclohexane

cyclohexane Senior member

When I have a chance...

Edit: actually, you can come by and see them! Haha