• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks, man. I got a Canon Rebel XS with the 18-55mm lens kit. Takes great shots. I want to get an EF 55mm f/1.4 lens for it, but those are really pricey, so I think I'll go with a f/1.8.
Nah, I had both. The 1.4's not really better than the 1.8, just heavier. If you were going to invest in a new lens, check out these: 28/2.8: this is pretty inexpensive, and it gives you a nice 35mm focal length which looks a bit wider than natural vision. It's a great all-around lens and way sharper than the included zoom lens. 17-40L: this gives a nice wide perspective and pretty good glass for the money. Also, if you're going to shoot indoors a lot, you should really consider getting an external flash. The cheaper, smaller model that Canon makes (not sure of the current model numbers) will do wonders for any indoor pics.

jeisurii

Reaction score
Received my Stewart Black Walts today, and they look fantastic. First Walt purchase too so I was interested in just how well they'd fit, and turned out perfect. Most definitely will need to go on a spree next time I'm in the market for trousers. :nodding:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received my Stewart Black Walts today, and they look fantastic. First Walt purchase too so I was interested in just how well they'd fit, and turned out perfect. Most definitely will need to go on a spree next time I'm in the market for trousers. :nodding:

Got my Stewart Black Rudys today too. They're definitely the craziest pair of pants I've ever gotten and I'm so glad I did. Ever since I started buying from Epaulet I've had trouble buying trousers anywhere else, they're just not up to snuff. :slayer:

canal_overdub

Reaction score

Got my Stewart Black Rudys today too. They're definitely the craziest pair of pants I've ever gotten and I'm so glad I did. Ever since I started buying from Epaulet I've had trouble buying trousers anywhere else, they're just not up to snuff. :slayer:

I know how you feel, except my problem extends from trousers into shirting. I don't think Mike and Adele see this as much of a problem tho.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, I had both. The 1.4's not really better than the 1.8, just heavier.

If you were going to invest in a new lens, check out these:

28/2.8: this is pretty inexpensive, and it gives you a nice 35mm focal length which looks a bit wider than natural vision. It's a great all-around lens and way sharper than the included zoom lens.

17-40L: this gives a nice wide perspective and pretty good glass for the money.

Also, if you're going to shoot indoors a lot, you should really consider getting an external flash. The cheaper, smaller model that Canon makes (not sure of the current model numbers) will do wonders for any indoor pics.

I'm making notes, man. This is great info!

AHShadow

Reaction score

Originally Posted by AHShadow
Really looking forward to the sweaters! Would you know the price brackets for these??
biggrin.gif

Hmm, I'm not exactly sure, but I remember them being between $250 and $300. We'll have a few models and the cardigans are a bit more expensive than the pullovers. It's a brand called "Howlin' by Morrison" that we bought at Capsule last season. The fit is spot-on and the quality is amazing. Made in Scotland too.
Wow Cardigans too??? :nodding::nodding: Now I need to save at least 500$ for one cardigan and one sweater... and that's at minimum!

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imma have to buy that Gitman then, since I missed out both reruns of the shadow dot. :fu:

Unless there are plans and materials to make more runs? :nodding:

thebunk

Reaction score
Great fit Keith. What is the make of the shirt?

Isn't it Epaulet? http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/443415869/pindot-floral-multiginghamshirts

Your photography skills have come a long way, kg. Not to take anything away from the fit, which is great in its own right.

Sometimes I wish Mike kept a gallery of all of the shirts, trousers and all other garments that he and Adele have produced over the last few years. Then I see a shirt like Keith is wearing and get a little emo because I missed out on it and know I probably will never get a chance to purchase it. Ugggggg.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any discount codes about?
I'm just about to pull the trigger on those **** hot loafers, but...they are still too dear.
Went back 10 pages, did not find any.
If any valid ones are around, please let me know.

no codes for epaulet. he prices items purposely at the sweet spot.

he does offer SF members 2 weeks for refunds on returns and free shipping over 50 bucks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics