• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Duke Silver

Yup, my apologies.. you should have gotten an email about this. We did a separate newsletter to everyone in CA. Here's the info...

Dear Friends!

As a resident of the gorgeous State of California, you're receiveing this notice about our upcoming Trunk Show with Individualized Shirts. We know that getting over to Hermosa Beach isn't easy for everyone, so we rented a beautiful suite in Westwood for two days to offer fittings in all our custom products.

Wellworth Apartments
10980 Wellworth Avenue, Westwood, Los Angeles, 90024

Wednesday, June 21st: 5PM to 10PM
Thursday, June 22nd: 11AM to 6PM

We chose this spot for its central location... it's right near the Wilshire exit of the 405. Wednesday evening will have a seleciton of refreshments and snacks... and most likely an afterparty somewhere close by. Thursday is open during the daytime for anyone who wants to visit then.

Jim Hanrahan from Individualized Shirts will be on hand to fit customers personally. We'll have new fabrics and on-site promotions.

In addition to custom shirts, we'll have:
  • Hertling trouser fit samples across all models and sizes
  • Aero Leather jackets fit and leather samples
  • Southwick Suiting sportcoats and swatches
  • Our new Tennis Trainers and Sport Trainers in genuine Ostrich skin
All of the above Made to Order mechandise will be discounted by 10% for anyone who attends.

RSVP's are not required, but they're helpful for gauging the amount of booze and snacks we need to bring. You can RSVP by just replying to this message.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my freshly repaired Dartmouth straight from the Southwick factory just in time for a concert in NYC tonight. Excellent service all around from EP and SW. Thanks folks!

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Sadly won't be able to make those hours. Is it cool to schedule a time at the studio next week to get re-fitted without actually buying anything? I'm starting a new show in Silverlake in a couple of weeks and it would probably be easier to make the journey to Orchard St than Hermosa Beach from there (and I realize that would require a time machine) and I just wanted to get a couple sizing things completely dialed in while I still have my days open. Will you be in all week?

Although, if the new Doyles are in by then, I'll definitely will walk away with one of those.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I can't keep up with the speed of this thread, but I remember a while back the idea of a 5 pocket pant in the rivet fit was thrown around. Was there any further discussion of this? Just curious because it sounded up my alley

@K. Nights we were playing with that idea, but nothing concrete in that direction just yet. We're mostly trying to keep our inventory of Rivets up to the level of demand TBH. Finally got more 8oz canvas shipping out on Friday.

@Epaulet thanks just to verify before I order...10d in barrie means I order 10.5 in the trainer?

@indianshaft yup, that would be the equation for most of our customers. The Barrie is a nice comparison to our trainers

FYI, I didn't get the email either unless it was buried in the Gitman email.

@lifeinabox yeah, I see.. something went wonky with that customer export. We resent the newsletter today. Hope that some of you guys on here can make it out!

@Epaulet -

Any chance of a Chicago trunk show?

@nd1nd2nd3 nothing concrete planned, but I'd love to

@Epaulet Sadly won't be able to make those hours. Is it cool to schedule a time at the studio next week to get re-fitted without actually buying anything? I'm starting a new show in Silverlake in a couple of weeks and it would probably be easier to make the journey to Orchard St than Hermosa Beach from there (and I realize that would require a time machine) and I just wanted to get a couple sizing things completely dialed in while I still have my days open. Will you be in all week?

Although, if the new Doyles are in by then, I'll definitely will walk away with one of those.

@Duke Silver

Right now we're scheduled for Doyles to finish sewing on Monday. If all goes well, we can have them washed and ready for pickup on Thursday. So if you can come over next Friday, I should have them all here. There's a chance we'll have the Teba's and Saffiano items too, as they're getting picked up in Portugal on Friday.

And of course, people come by to do sizing all of the time. No pressure if you don't want to buy anything. But you do get 15% off any stock items if you make the trip down here. I've had a few customers interested in custom stuff who leave with a hat, wallet, belt, etc. We have all of those small items on hand.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, just out of curiosity, is it possible for Individualized to do white collars on color/patterned shirts? Or a curved front hem?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike, just out of curiosity, is it possible for Individualized to do white collars on color/patterned shirts? Or a curved front hem?

Yes on the collars @Mghart ... it's a $15 upcharge for just the collar and $20 upcharge for the collar and the cuffs.

No on the front hem, unfortunately.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Cool. Just scheduled something for next Friday.

4192130-4600833713-image.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads