1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Does Epaulet ever plan on making jeans again? My EPLA pair is still the best fitting pair of jeans I've ever worn. If they made them again I'd buy 2-3 pairs

2. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

We've been told repeatedly that there are no plans to make jeans again. They just aren't right for the Epaulet model.

I love my Willies. I will be sad when I no longer have them in rotation.

3. duff406

duff406 Senior member

Went out for a belated mother's day dinner last night. EP blazer, indigo linen Rudy's from the last EFF, EPxCarmina shoes and EP belt. Fit input always appreciated. I had the sleeves let out on the blazer but think it fits pretty well otherwise.

IMG_20170521_123031_900.jpg

4. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

^^ Nice!

Those indigo Rudys are incredible!

5. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Today was my first round of golf of the season in the new performance stretch rivets. As expected, they're a perfect fabric for golfing on a day in the mid-60s.

They definitely wear tight, even after a day of squatting, bending, running, walking, and flexing after monster drives. It makes me think the Sandow may be the ultimate golf pant for me.

6. tricky

tricky Senior member

@duff406 That's a great fit!

--------

I'm impatiently awaiting my Sandows from all the reviews so far.

7. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

8. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Any updates on when the March 17 and April 18 Ends for Friends orders will come in?

9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

10. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

My rivets from that order are on their way.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Apologies for being missing in action.. I took a short vacation and had to log off for a few days. I'm back in this now! Got a lot of exciting things happening this week. First lemme get to everyone's posts:

@CanadaCal fantastic... hope that you had a boss trip!

@chrispy650 excellent.. that's so good to hear! We've been getting stellar feedback on the Sandow so far, so it's clear that this is going to stay in the line, and it will be a new shape that we really invest in.

@Michigan Planner glad that you dig them! I'll shoot a video going through the colors today, but they're really phenomenal. I can't play up the "washable" nature enough.. the wool is very soft and easy to care for.

The fit is straightforward, just order your usual Epaulet chest size or the "true size" of the Lockie sweaters.

So if you did a Lockie in "Tagged 42, True 40" then order this in a 40. You'll be good to go.

Very cool! @fairlynerdy

So the next step is going to be (1) restocking khaki and navy, and bringing in Olive in the cotton stretch and (2) testing a new fit sample in Cramerton.

I designed the Sandow to fit me in stretch, so I think we'll need a slightly modified pattern for non-stretch material. Probably adding an additional 0.75" all the way around the thigh. I want it to have the same instantly comfortable fit for guys built like us. I think that we nailed the waistband, rise, seat, and taper. I'll get that fit sample and evaluate it, and then we can bring out Sandows in new materials too.

You're going to see the Rivet Chinos become our primary stock pant for the Fall. Everything is going to stay in cotton and we'll look to have very sharp pricing on it. Moleskin can return for $175 and come in a few new colors. I think that we can do a great corduroy for $150.

@Mghart thanks glad that you dig them!

The photo is awesome.. already re-grammed you on IG! They look amazing for being from the initial 2014 delivery. There's no killing those Margom soles.

@FrankCowperwood There's been so many good ones of late, but this is my current favorite:

[​IMG]

@espen that's a phenomenal idea! We're going to introduce an upload function pretty soon. First up will be the customer reviews. And we'll do a fun raffle for everyone who submits something

12. Epaulet

At the moment I don't have any plans @Big Pun , but I'm certainly open to suggestions.

The cruel irony is that my new factory that's making the Doyle and the Kamigata is capable of making the best US-produced jeans that I see. It would be even cleaner and better than the quality of our initial Wilshires.

I've been thinking about it. It doesn't seem realistic for me to compete with other selvedge product, there's just too freaking much of it on the market, and the return rate is absolutely absurd. I think that you're either a raw jeans brand or you're not, and the kind of preorder/group buy scenario is impossible to do with the consistency I'd want to provide. Every different denim shrinks in its own way.

That said... I'm going to experiment with an indigo dye process here. The initial plan is to dye out things like Rivets and Walts. We'll make up the garment in a white prepare for dye fabric and then dip everything. The indigo won't be as deep as what's used for denim, but it should wash out in a cool way with wear.

If that's possible, then I'd certainly consider doing a 5-pocket Wilshire model with this setup. You'd have a jean which looks overdyed and monochrome when new and then fades out like crazy with wear. We'd be able to use white Japanese non-selvedge, which cuts the fabric cost a lot and compensates for some of the dye cost. We'd then be able to move from $150 for a Wilshire in raw selvedge to maybe $135 for this indigo dyed concept. If the product looks distinct and different enough, it could have a reason to be.. and other colors could be developed. We'd always use the same base denim, so you get consistent wear and shrinkage regardless of color. Then you have ideas like doing a group buy around a specific color or wash treatment (ex dye the jean gunmetal and then stone wash it).

@Patrick R fantastic.. glad to hear that you like them so much!

@JSO1 oh yes.. I saw those arrive!

@ErikW which products we talking about?

@Michigan Planner - I know that we're getting some in next week. When they went to cut the cloth, they had some shortage on different fabrics, so I'm going to reach out to those customers in the next few days. They have a bunch of alternate fabrics to choose from, and they'll make anything that fell through in about 3 weeks.

13. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

I was thinking the Gitman and Portugal EFF shirts. Thanks!

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

@Epaulet That's a scary meme.

And that dye house/Wilshire revival idea sounds complicated, but very interesting.

15. Epaulet

@ErikW ah yes, Gitman in about a week, Portugal should be next month as quoted.