• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we should start petitioning Mike to have size 30 tags put on every pair of pants :p

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
Hey Mike @Epaulet - re: Sandow 34 vs. Rudy 34: a tad higher rise, same thigh dimensions, and a more pronounced taper. Sound accurate? Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
AMAZING Mike! My wife did kindly remind me of erm..."lacking" posterior, which made this all the funnier. I'm one of those crossfit guys who can bang out metcons, but not squatting 400+ lbs. Now I've got something to shoot for, need to fit into those Sandows!

Haha, well thanks again.. name suggestion was killer! @espen

We had quite a few Crossfit guys in New York who were still really lean. I think that the calorie burn is so intense that it's hard to stay bigger.. you just get really strong doing it.

If you want the real leg gainz then my vintage 1994 guido Jersey Shore workout is pretty effective.. particularly when you pair it with an irresponsible amount of carbs and "filling up on bread" before dinner.

Navy sandows copped. Can't wait to try these Mike!

@Mghart thank you sir.. jazzed to hear what you think!

Can't wait to try them!

Went ahead and snapped up both pair in a 32. I wear a 32 Taylor and a 33 Rivet (with significant modification), and am hoping these will be perfect. Looking forward to other possible colors down the road too, like that awesome tobacco brown I had to pass up haha.

@slows2k thanks so much! I think that this will really work well for you. I'm doing the reorder already, but I think that we're going to stick with the stretch fabric for the short term. They have a great olive color that I'll layer in.

any plans for a re-stock of M cross check somelos shirts?

for guys who picked one up.. any shrinkage with cold washes? mine was the ultimate perfect fit when i got it but some idiot (me) put it in a warm wash, it shrunk a little. lost enough length on the arms to prevent wearing with a jacket but still perfect casual with rolled sleeve.

if the cold wash avoids shrinkage i'd roll the dice on one again.

@tropics ah unfortunately we don't have any Somelos en-route soon. That said, try getting the shirt pressed out by a dry cleaner. You'd be surprised.. that can often lengthen the sleeve back out by a half inch or more. Many times you're not contending with permanent shrinkage, but just the fabric contracting a bit.

LOL @ "Sandow"

Any chance of scoring a celebrity endorsement from Ronnie Coleman or Dorian Yates?

Doesn't every teenage boy go through a crisis of body image and buy a bunch of Weider mags?

@peppercorn78 not sure.. the teenagers of today are hopefully better educated than I was. I remember looking at ads of absolutely huge guys and saying "wow, those protein powders and flax seed oils are REALLY effective!" I have to believe that the true "supplements" are more in public knowledge these days.

This morning I was putting on some EFF linen trousers that I got a few weeks ago and noticed that the tag inside said size 38. I am 90% sure I ordered a size 36. These trousers fit like a dream. I really hope they were just mislabeled and I'm not really a 38 now. :(

@Michigan Planner ahhh... let's hear it for happy accidents! Pretty sure that's just a mistagging.. it's rare, but certainly happens from time to time.

Hey Mike @Epaulet - re: Sandow 34 vs. Rudy 34: a tad higher rise, same thigh dimensions, and a more pronounced taper. Sound accurate? Thanks!

@RuleOfRescue yessir, and the stretch fabric offers more give than anything else that we've ever used. You're going to love it.. these will fit you like a dream.

@Epaulet Home Run on the Tobacco summer Rivets. Hoping for a new colorway to roll this season...

@Don L such a rad pairing with the trainers.. thanks for posting that!

@Epaulet Any time frame for adding the Sandow to the MTO Rivet program. Excited to try these but need a size outside the stock order

@stmaier

I got a lot of requests for this, and it certainly makes sense to offer the Sandow in extended sizes. I can't do MTO's on them because it's made at a different factory, but I'm going to layer in some additional sizes for the reorder in khaki and navy. I'll stick to evens and offer 38, 40, and 42. I'll do 2 units in each size and let's see how they work for everyone.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sized down from Rivet for the Sandow. Hoping I get similar upper block and thigh room but with tighter waist (had to size up in Rivets for good leg fit).

Btw...Sandow is such a freaking great name for these.

slows2k

Reaction score
@Epaulet Any chance of a tobacco or mocha or any other shade of brown in the Sandows in the next round? Can't wait to try these.

Seconded. The olive is a good old standby color, but these in the tobacco rivets color from a few days ago would be an instant buy for me.

Who am I kidding, I will likely buy olive too.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of the navy Sandow. If these work for me then I will almost definitely be in for olive and agree with suggestions for tobacco, mocha, etc... (I call it "brown").

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't need another pair of blue chinos but I had to check out the Sandown, you sold me on the fit Mike.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
@stmaier

I got a lot of requests for this, and it certainly makes sense to offer the Sandow in extended sizes. I can't do MTO's on them because it's made at a different factory, but I'm going to layer in some additional sizes for the reorder in khaki and navy. I'll stick to evens and offer 38, 40, and 42. I'll do 2 units in each size and let's see how they work for everyone.

Awesome I need these in 40!

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive crammertons

IMG_1986.JPG

chrispy650

Reaction score
Received a navy pair of Sandows today. Mike, you nailed it. I used to wear the rivet chinos a couple of years ago but ever since powerlifting they have become too tight. Even my Walts are getting a bit slim on me but are still wearable. These are literally perfect everywhere. Glad I ordered the REDA hopsack in a Rudy fit. Again, great job.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lmk if anyone is interested in 34 tobacco rivets before I go through the return process

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads