1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I went with the wheat, and when I saw the navy and cocoa I wanted both of those too...oh well, I guess I can't afford to buy every pair of pants Epaulet makes. I don't know if the wheat is my favorite out of all of them, but it will fill the biggest gap in my wardrobe, so I'm happy with my choice. I already have the navy marl lambswools and a bunch of brown pants, but I don't own anything even close to these wheats. Just checked the tracking and they're on the way here!

2. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Would those Donegal trousers shrink after wash? I want the Wheat! :slayer:

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I wouldn't put those in a washing machine if I were you.

4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Yeah bro, don't put wool trou in the wash. I dry clean my pants once in a while, that's all you need really.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  5. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

pretty sad i didn't get in on the rudy pre-orders. :(

6. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I ordered the wheat originally and just ordered the cocoa to go with them. Already have the navy marls so didn't feel the need there but damn! Those charcoal tweeds are singing their siren song.

7. vespajg

vespajg Well-Known Member

Fresh off the UPS truck and opened the box in my office to reveal my first pair of Epaulet trousers. Slim Walt Oxford Gray Flannels. Ordered a 33 as the measurements seemed right and the fit is almost dead, spot-on perfect. Maybe a half inch loose in the waste. Maybe. And a bit slimmer than I'm used to so contemplating the Rudy's. But wow. Just wow. After trying all different brands, both less expensive and more expensive, I've finally found a great trouser with the fit I want out of the box, made in the USA, and with unrivaled customer service. At least someone is doing it right...my complements to Mike and Adele for filling a niche that has been missing in men's fashion: originality, quality, trad-ness without being stuffy, and excellent value. Nicely played....

8. astris

astris Senior member

Pretty much why I went with the wheat.

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Haha, we're dangerous that way!

Thank you sir, glad that you're pleased with them. And this just in: our three plaid Walt's are getting cut on Monday and should be delivered about 10 days afterwards. It's going to be our last trouser delivery of the season, and a killer one!

I've got the leather now, but we probably won't do the next run of loafers until early Feb. We don't really sell handsewns in the winter for the most part.

But if you're hankering for a pair of Natural CXL shoes, check out our two Alden makeups. They're off the hook, and very season-appropriate. We sold about half the stock, but I still have a good size distribution.

Definitely Charocal for black footwear.

Don't sweat it, you'll like the wheat. It's a hard color to capture in photography. No matter how much I mad-dogged it in Photoshop, it still came out too yellow/green. In person it's a really handsome and easily matched color. It's absolutely ace with a navy jacket.

It came with the watch. It's a Seiko called "Cocktail Time" and we got it from Seiya Japan. Awesome watch and a very good price for it.

You'd never want to machine wash these trousers or any of the wool ones that we offer. It's possible to handwash them, but you should probably just get them dry cleaned. No worries about shrinkage at all.

Thank you sir, glad that you're pleased with the trousers! And you can expect the flannel to give a bit in the legs with wear, so if they're not uncomfortably tight, then you'll most likely be happy with the fit after you break them in a bit.

10. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

doh im an idiot. I`ll be placing an order on the wheat one as soon as I get home :slayer:

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks man. Sweater is *gulp* JCrew cashmere. Kopped it on sale for cheap...

12. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Please, please, please, let you get the one(s) that you want? Lord knows it would it be the first time?

1 person likes this.
  13. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

i'm glad that i had the chance to change my order from navy + cocoa donegal tweed to wheat + cocoa. good thing my order wasn't shipped yet. i forgot that i ordered the blue marl pants, so no need for another pair of similarly-colored pants.

when will you get another batch of mitsi print liberty of london shirts? i've been wanting that print shirt since it dropped, but balked at the price. now that it's been on my mind for a month or more, i think i should just get it anyway.

14. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

How's the weight on that flannel? Can you wear it early fall, west coast "winter" or is it more of a late fall, east coast winter kind of thing?

15. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

I wear my Ep flannels from October to March in NH, though not outside too much. Might be ok for a SF winter....

16. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

This is kind of what I fear, as much as I like them, I think I'd wear them 2x/year in Texas.

17. defan

defan Well-Known Member

I have a question for Mike and/or others about the Thorogood boot. I'm considering purchasing them as a second winter boot (I have Katahdins as well). I live in Boston so I was thinking about resoling them with a lug or commando sole (there's a cobber that's done minor work on shoes for me before that quoted $65). Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  18. applky

applky Senior member

They're Goodyear welted, so this would be easy for any competent cobbler.

If you don't want to completely resole a shoe, you can also have rubber sole covers put on to your boots that can be removed when winter ends. It's cheaper than resoling a shoe, but not quite as bulletproof (I've had this done for a pair of chukkas). In any case, $65 is pretty reasonable for a resole. B. Nelson in NYC charges $90 for the same work.

19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

When are the Carmina shoes going to be available for viewing/purchase?

20. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Does the Cramerton cloth shrink much if warm/hot water washed?

Why does the Alden Tanker boot come in no sizes smaller than 8.5D?