1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Senior member

The rivets are legit. Really like the durability and weight of the fabric. I'm going to have to get a pair of the navy or gray.

2. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

It was between the gunmetal chinos and the navy marl trousers for my first epaulet purchase. I went with the navy marls. They're just too good to pass up.

3. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

To bump a question I had a few pages back - what do you guys who wear a Rudy fit trouser wear in the Rivets? Same size or one up?

My 33 Rudys fit perfectly around the thigh/seat, and im worried that a 33 Rivet might be a bit slim in that area. Particularly in the navy canvas which is what im looking at. Can't imagine its too stretchy/forgiving.

4. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

good choice, i have the navy marl walts and was wearing them today. excellent color and texture.

5. applky

applky Senior member

I have rivet chinos in both sizes 31 and 32. The difference between the two is pretty negligible, except in the waist. I think if you get a 32, you'll be happy with them and probably won't need to tailor them.

That being said, I've gotten other, more ill-fitting pants tapered before and it makes a difference.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Personally for me, I wear a 33 Rudy and I couldn't comfortably fit into a 33 Rivet. So it depends on how snug you like your pants to fit. The Rudy is pretty snug on me, but it's not too tight....the Rivets unfortunately were skin tight on my thighs. Be sure to check all the measurements online before you buy.

7. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I wear a 34 in both Rivet and Rudys. I actually have a pair of 33 Rudies though they are a bit too tight. Do not think I could size down to a 33 Chino.

8. astris

astris Senior member

I'm a 34 in Rivets and they are snug in the thighs. I'm trying a 33 Rudy which has a larger thigh than the 34 Rivet. I'll probably have to let the waist out a bit, but I'm thinking it will be the perfect Epaulet fit for me. I hope.

9. astris

astris Senior member

How are the 33 Rudy's too tight since they are larger in every dimension than the 34 Rivet (except waist)?

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Epaulet is as close to instant gratification as it gets online. Bought a pair of the olive twill heavyweight chinos right before the weekend and I'm wearing them today. :slayer:

Need to round out the work clothes, and I'm sort of afraid of coming into this thread again and/or going to their website...

...those cashmere wool blend pants look amazing...and they just happen to be one of the most expensive ones...funny how it works like that...

11. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Those olive heavyweights are awesome - I wear them all the time.

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

13. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i have the wool/cash in med grey. worth every penny. it's amazing how soft and smooth they are.

14. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Mike....any update on the MTO option? Last post seems like it was back in August. Thanks.

15. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

As I anxiously await word on my first order, for those with Rivet Chinos:

Did you hem them to your usual inseam length or leave extra length so you can cuff to show the natural cotton herringbone twill? If yes to the latter then how much extra in length did you leave? 1" or 2"? My pants are usually around 31" so I'll get them hemmed after initial wash. Thanks.

16. TheSigOther

TheSigOther New Member

1 person likes this.
  17. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

I was so sad that they ran out of my size in the olive twill; so sad that I just bought more stuff to compensate. Got the heavyweight stone yesterday, just waiting on the gunmetal canvas and horsehide 685s.

18. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Good stuff - USPS should deliver my gunmetals today. You'll love the horsehide 685s - wearing them now and the horsehide is just awesome.

1 person likes this.
  19. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Because they are touch too tight in the waist. Everywhere else is fine.

20. astris

astris Senior member

Ok, that's good. Exactly what I'm expecting. Thank you.