Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Navy blazer looks amazing. Wasn't expecting the $650 price point. Too bad for now.

Looking forward to the shirts...

Yeah, that is where I am at as well (was hoping for something lower in price though I am sure the quality is worth it). I am probably in for sure on the Medium Gray Sportcoat since I already purchased the Rudy trousers to go with it, but I cannot splurge on both at this time, especially with new and restocks of shirts and chinos around the corner.

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

having tried on the gray blazer when i was in NYC, i just ordered it online. when the super 120s gray walts comes back in small sizes, i'll buy that too. suit time.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys! After long last, our Southwick sportcoats are online! We wrote an absolutely enormous amount of copy for each one of them, so please click through the links to read all about it. But here's the short list: 1. There's two models - the Caine and the Weller. Both have the same fit. The Caine is a 3/8 lined Navy Blazer, the Weller is a fully lined sportcoat that can be matched to Walt or Rudy trousers for a full suit. 2. I've personally sold about 12 of these in our store. The fit is freaking spot on. It's nothing like any Black Fleece / Golden Fleece pieces that you may have tried on. This shape is exclusive for us and works like our shirting. If you like the fit of Epaulet or Gitman Vintage shirting, then these are going to work really well for you. 3. Quality is phenomenal on these. They're not cheap, but they'll deliver a ton of value for the price. Given the fit, finish, and USA construction, there's not anything like it on the market. They'll fit well in the beginning, and they'll maintain their fit through a ton of wear. 4. If you've been thinking about a Navy blazer, then the Caine is one of the most perfect items that I've ever seen. Just sayin' 5. The sportcoats are only running in medium length for now. It's a great length for most customers sized 5'8" through about 6'3". The guy modeling them is pretty tall (6'2") and it's a good fit on him. If you're under 5'8", it should also work well provided you're getting a size 38 or smaller. We have full measurements, so you can match it up against a piece that you already own. 6. The Medium Grey 120's Weller sportcoat matches our Walt and Rudy trousers in the same fabric. I'm getting a full restock of the trousers in about 2 weeks, so if we don't have your size now, we'll get them shortly. Stock on the sportcoats is tight though, so if you're considering the suit, I'd advise getting the jacket now and ordering the pants when they come back into stock. We can take a reservation so you're sure to get the trousers. OK, onto the jackets! [​IMG] Southwick for Michael Kuhle Caine Sportcoat Navy Hopsack: $650 [​IMG] [​IMG] Southwick for Michael Kuhle Weller Sportcoat Grey Super 120's Wool: $565 [​IMG]

5. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Those look really sharp, Mike. Would insta-kop if you offered long sizes...hopefully they'll sell well, so that can be a reality some day.

6. oisin

oisin Senior member

Those look really sharp, Mike. Would insta-kop if you offered long sizes...hopefully they'll sell well, so that can be a reality some day.

same. need a navy blazer, but need a long.

7. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Man it looks like you guys just killed it with these, quality looks impeccable and the price point is fantastic.

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Man it looks like you guys just killed it with these, quality looks impeccable and the price point is fantastic.

No kidding. It's been worth the wait. I grabbed both. [​IMG]

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

The gray sport coat is a great piece. Originally, I was wanting the navy hopsack blazer (and still do but will have to put on hold for a bit) but I opted for the gray. I could not be happier with it and if anyone is on the fence, jump now, you won't regret it. I'm going to need to get the sleeves brought in a bit but the fit is great. I know Mike said that if you wear a medium in their shirting to go with a 38 but I tried on this size and it was just a bit tight. So close to being a perfect fit though. If you wear a medium Epaulet shirt and it fits well then I think the 38 will be right. If, on the other hand, the medium shirts are just a tiny bit snug then go with the 40.
    For sure Mike is right about this being a quality garment, something that will last a very long time.
    Thanks Mike for continuing to bring great clothing to us.
    While typing this message I thought "wow, this is one of those rare days that I don't have anything Epaulet on". I then looked at my feet and saw the natural penny loafers on my dogs!

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I know Mike said that if you wear a medium in their shirting to go with a 38 but I tried on this size and it was just a bit tight. So close to being a perfect fit though. If you wear a medium Epaulet shirt and it fits well then I think the 38 will be right. If, on the other hand, the medium shirts are just a tiny bit snug then go with the 40.
    Ditto for me regarding the small shirts and the 36 jacket. I wear Epaulet small shirts, but the 36 was just a bit tight on me. The 38 was a better fit. Maybe I'm between sizes when it comes to this particular piece.

11. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Hmm, thinking I should just pull the trigger on a 42 gray since I am a bit between XL and L shirts. I would like to try them on but do not want to miss out. ARRRRRRRRG!

12. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

How viable is it to have the sleeves shortened by 2 inches (i.e., need a 23" sleeve for a size 36)?

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Damn...too bad there's no long sizes right now. Hopefully those will get stocked some time in the future.

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

How viable is it to have the sleeves shortened by 2 inches (i.e., need a 23" sleeve for a size 36)?

any good tailor can do this; it's just a matter of whether they will do it at the ends of the sleeve (cheap) or at the shoulders (not cheap).

15. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Ditto for me regarding the small shirts and the 36 jacket. I wear Epaulet small shirts, but the 36 was just a bit tight on me. The 38 was a better fit. Maybe I'm between sizes when it comes to this particular piece.
    i'm between a small and an extra small in the shirts (xs fits everywhere except the chest is too small so i buy the S) and the 36 blazer was a shockingly good fit for me; best otr blazer fit i've ever found.