• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

astris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
damn tassels sold out in 8.5D already
frown.gif

i keep missing these haha. whens the restock on the chromexcel tassels?

Damn, never even saw those. They look awesome and I don't even like tassels.

I just put in my order for the natural pennies. Picked up the last pair of 8.5.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by astris

Thank you for saving me from spending that money. I'll have to get them the next round.

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
Mike, any chance you might have an Alden whiskey preorder coming up at some point in the (not so distant) future? Perhaps for a Brixton wingtip type boot?

I was just wondering about this over the weekend, as I can't think of anything I need more right now than a nice boot...and linen trousers, and a new blazer
laugh.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah it was already sold out in 8.5D before they even hit the web it looks like. i was watching this thread and for his email/blog to see what was new
frown.gif

i got the restock in the natural pennys and will have to get restock on these tassels lol

jt2gt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Clouds be damned...

2011.05.24.jpg

Are these the natural or new brown. I am assuming natural. Look great...anyone have any more pics of the natural?

JT

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the new linen and cotton trousers but for some reason the fact that both materials wrinkle combined with my OCD just doesn't work for me.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow at leffot's new natural pennys ...
cry.gif

not to start a pissing contest or bash another retailer so i apologize in case anyone gets offended. i have bought 2/3 pairs from leffot including my cigar indys and have had nothing but praise for their customer service, store front selection, and just overall business with them.

just surprised to see a very similar (almost identical) product with a huge price difference and that cant account for mere quality. so those who are on the fence getting ANY of epaulet's handsewns should recognize that mike is giving these away for a very fair price when compared to the competition

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thuoght that Leffot's pricing for their in-house shoes was over the top.

On another note just grabbed the Super 120's Medium Gray trousers.

astris

Reaction score
wow at leffot's new natural pennys ...
cry.gif
not to start a pissing contest or bash another retailer so i apologize in case anyone gets offended. i have bought 2/3 pairs from leffot including my cigar indys and have had nothing but praise for their customer service, store front selection, and just overall business with them. just surprised to see a very similar (almost identical) product with a huge price difference and that cant account for mere quality. so those who are on the fence getting ANY of epaulet's handsewns should recognize that mike is giving these away for a very fair price when compared to the competition

Wowzers, that's a hefty pricetag. The irony is the Alden beefrolls are actually the cheapest starting at $250 or so. They just don't happen to have natural chromexcel and I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I like the styling of the EP's over the Alden. Mine should arrive next week. Hope I sized right.

jt2gt

Reaction score
Any ideas for a natural chromexcel belt...saw that the other retailer had one. Does Epaulet offer one...if not, others?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wowzers, that's a hefty pricetag.

The irony is the Alden beefrolls are actually the cheapest starting at $250 or so. They just don't happen to have natural chromexcel and I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I like the styling of the EP's over the Alden.

Mine should arrive next week. Hope I sized right.

where are you finding them at 250? the shoe mart has them at around 290-300
http://theshoemart.ecomm-search.com/...l&btnSearch=GO

and none are in natural chromexcel. there is the natural chromexcel leisure but thats at 471!!!
17830.jpg

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

all in all i love everything alden but cant beat epaulet on these shoes!!!

astris

Reaction score
where are you finding them at 250? the shoe mart has them at around 290-300
http://theshoemart.ecomm-search.com/...l&btnSearch=GO

and none are in natural chromexcel. there is the natural chromexcel leisure but thats at 471!!!
17830.jpg

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

all in all i love everything alden but cant beat epaulet on these shoes!!!

The tan vibrams at shoemart are $250.
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...bram_sole.html

A couple burgandy pairs left at Blackbird for $255.
http://blackbirdballard.com/Alden_H4...ndy_17155.html

I found some awesome navy suede Alden handsewn, but $450+ as you mentioned. Looking forward to my Ep's which should arrive Thurs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads