1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Awesome!! I will be eagerly awaiting the measurements for a Long size jacket. I will try the waistcoat and see how it fits when they're ready :D

2. grit

grit Senior member

awwwww damn who beat me to the grape walt 33s? any chance there's another pair lying around?

3. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior member

I snagged a pair a couple of hours ago, so it might have been me (also picked up the navy marl Walts and the fairisle shirt). If I end up hating them I'll let you know, but it would be a first. Sorry dude.

4. oisin

oisin Senior member

fahhhhhhhhk, all this new stuff is seriously epic. almost about to give up my vacation to get some new threads. well not quite, but hot damn. so many pants and jackets to kop.

what coats will be coming in long sizes? I'm definitely on board for a 38L caine (or whatever measurement comes in best). and i love me some tweed, so one of the two may be happening if there is a long. what about the camel hair or the houndstooth? waistcoats in long would probably be nice, but we'll have to see how the fit turns out. any chance at a tweed waistcoat, especially something in a brown tweed? sportcoat in a brown tweed would also be :slayer: tweed three piece suit separates! :devil:

5. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

i will be in tomorrow for a medium too.

6. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

new stuff is goddamn incredible

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Does anyone own the walt in charcoal flannel and care to comment on the color in person? Is it a dark grey/almost black as it seems? Thanks

8. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Yeah, they're pretty dark

9. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

yeah, they're dark. could almost pass for black.

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks guys, really glad that you like the new products so much! And thanks to everyone who ordered today - we've been buckwild with shipping!

Good news - Short/Long scaling on Southwick coats is coming on Monday. And I'll have both a Long scale and an XLong scale. So we'll have all of you tall guys covered :)

Okay, to keep the new product rolling - for anyone who didn't get the newsletter:

[​IMG]
    Epaulet x Thorogood No. 685 Boot: $260

We introduced these last year, and they were a huge hit. Minimal style, extremely comfortable, and made in tough-ass Horween horsehide. They're an awesome value at $260, so definitely consider them if you're in the market for Fall boots.

[​IMG]
    Mk II for Epaulet Vantage Watch: $695

Another collab piece, we took the MkII Vantage and gave it a red seconds hand. The MkII founder has discontinued this model, so we've got the last Vantages that were produced. We received six and I've got four left. It's a really versatile piece and the quality on this is really remarkable.

11. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Mike - I may have been a little quick on the trigger with purchasing the Navy Pindot. I thought it was an oxford style / basic cotton sort of sport shit but realize now it is a flannel shirt. I was hoping this could be more a 4 season shirt but am worried now that this may not be the case. Can you describe the shirt a little bit more in terms of the hand, and vs that of an oxford/typical Epaulet cotton button up?

PS - Thanks for raping my savings yet again\leading me into temptation\ruining my marriage\etc

Love,
    The Bunk

1 person likes this.
  12. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Thanks, was just thinking the same thing before I commit to the purchase because I'm in the tropics. Sick shirt nonetheless.

13. Epaulet

Actually, we'll have both Long and X-Long sizes available for special order. So we should have everyone covered!

Caine Hopack, Brown Houndstooth, and the Tweeds are no problem. I'm not sure if we have any Camel hair remaining, so that one might be only regulars. But I'll check next week.

Waistcoats will be here soon too!

Sure thing - the Navy Pindot is a soft medium-weight flannel. It's definitely a Fall-Winter-Early Spring shirt. It's about 65 F degrees in NYC these days and it's perfect for that. Weight-wise, it's not a whole lot heavier than our oxford cloth, but flannel is more insulating, so you'll be hot if you try to wear this in warm weather. Pindots are always a thing for us, so we'll surely do a poplin model in the Spring that will be more along the weight of a dress shirt.

Oh, and no problem on the Savings Raping / Marriage Ruining - that's what we do best!

Yeah, I'm not sure how cold it gets there, but this is definitely a warmer shirt. Fairisle jacquard is lighter, so that might be a better option if that's up your alley.

1 person likes this.
  14. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Short sizes as well?

15. oisin

oisin Senior member

when will you get re-stock on the khaki canvas chinos? I freaking love the british tans I got and thought the khaki would be even more versatile, went to order, and no 32s!

16. Epaulet

You bet!

Oh, we'll get a restock shortly. Probably going to be in the next three weeks. I have an absolutely stupid amount of chinos coming - something like 400 units

17. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Which would be more versatile; the Cramerton or UK Stone Chino?

Thanks!

18. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

Dammit. Navy pin dot already sold out in XL.

19. Joe1182

Joe1182 Member

I am down with the shawl pea coat. Would this possibly come in navy next year (i am insane, i know)? anyone have insight into grey vs navy in the pea coat- were they always navy or was there variation before it became settled on navy as we know it now?

they are damn sharp, love the cut.

regards,

joe

20. worakl

worakl Senior member

ETA and pricepoint on the smoking?