• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

adamf009

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help. I went with the Persian Blue, 2 button, normal shoulder, all welt pockets, with smoke MOP buttons and the Olive Hunting, 2 button, unconstructed, triple patch pockets, with tan horn buttons. Psyched for these!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike @Epaulet

Can you give me your recommendation on staple grey and charcoal fabrics for EFF suits. I currently have hopsack Caine navy SC and Walts trousers that I love. Something for 3 seasons wear.

cheers

Last edited:

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help. I went with the Persian Blue, 2 button, normal shoulder, all welt pockets, with smoke MOP buttons and the Olive Hunting, 2 button, unconstructed, triple patch pockets, with tan horn buttons. Psyched for these!
Oh man those are going to be awesome - did you go full suit on either?
Excellent choices Adam!

I'm really looking forward to some pics of the olive hunting

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did anyone order a suit a in Gauzy Rainbow Herringbone? What is the base color of the fabric. What color buttons did you go with? Also, Mike, is there enough fabric in this material to do a matching vest?

I recall Mike mentioning earlier that the Gauzy Rainbow Herringbone cloth is the only one he wouldn't recommend for trousers.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did this gauzy-rainbow-whatever-the-hell-it-is sell out really quickly? It is not in either category and I don't recall ever seeing it offered. Every time someone brings it up it drives me crazy. Such is the sad obsessiveness of wanting to see every EFF fabric ever...

cyclohexane

Reaction score

Did this gauzy-rainbow-whatever-the-hell-it-is sell out really quickly? It is not in either category and I don't recall ever seeing it offered. Every time someone brings it up it drives me crazy. Such is the sad obsessiveness of wanting to see every EFF fabric ever...

I think it should still be up on the Medium page with the videos? Click on the link in the description of the seasonal fabric item.

adamf009

Reaction score

Oh man those are going to be awesome - did you go full suit on either?
Excellent choices Adam!

I'm really looking forward to some pics of the olive hunting 

I didn't have the cojones to go full suit on either. I'm in a suit maybe once a month and these would be a bit aggressive for my line of work, I'm afraid. Could go as separates, but the pants wouldn't really fill a hole.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone post a photo of an Epaulet shirt with the "PT compact point collar"? I'm trying to nail down my first epaulet shirt and I'd like to see what that one looks like if possible.

@Medoc yup, I made up one for myself, I'll shoot some pics of it.

Nice!!!!

I agree that a 50% deposit might reduce forfeits, however maybe those should be reserved for non stock sizes?

@TO Tie Guy yeah, it would only be for non-stock sizes. Although we cleared out quite a few units from the inventory already - I only posted it here, so I've got you guys to thank! Enjoy your shoes!

BTW - Brown CXL Innsbruck Indy's and Brown CXL Innsbruck Alt Wiens will be here end of the week. Lots of preorders in there, so we'll shoot out the emails once they arrive.

when is the last day to confirm measurements for Southwick again? Is it tomorrow or Thursday?

TIA

@peppercorn78 May 23rd my dude

@adamf009 Great choices on both of those!

Hi Mike @Epaulet

Can you give me your recommendation on staple grey and charcoal fabrics for EFF suits. I currently have hopsack Caine navy SC and Walts trousers that I love. Something for 3 seasons wear.

cheers

@Steel28

Yup, that's an easy one. Both of them are in this item:

For Grey, you can do Guabello 130s Medium Grey (perfect basic suiting fabric) or Hardy Minnis Super 150s (more luxurious fabric, but lighter in tone - so that lighter color has to be your style)

For Charcoal, go with REDA Charcoal Fresco all of the way. That's the only option there.

@FLW yeah, we only had a few Jacket's worth of that. And you wouldn't want to make trousers out of it, the weave was too open on it. Here's a pic of what it looked like:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Medoc behold... the PT collar!

This was a personal shirt that I did in white broadcloth. I put the covered placket on it to make it all raf-simons-comme-des-garcons-cool-guy-at-the-art-opening. Never mind those creases in the middle of the collar, it was unceremoniously brought home after the Brooklyn store closing and smashed under all sorts of heavy stuff at the bottom of an IKEA bag.

All jokes aside, it's the best compact point that I've seen. It doesn't look too tiny, it's not smacking you with the Ben Sherman hammer, it holds a tie well if you want it, and it sits open nicely too. Even if its effectively the Artisan collar antichrist, I can still sensibly own and wear both.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two more things: this is (I promise) the very LAST VASS post that I'll do on B&S. If you take a 8.5US, 9.5US, or a 10.5US, then there's something here for you. $300 for any of them:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/523438/...tyles-to-choose-sizes-8-5us-9-5us-10-5us/0_90

And I'll post this here to start. Many of you may know about the LEGENDARY Epaulet Cashmere down vest. We have one unit in size 50. If you generally take a Large in our stuff, it's going to fit you. This was my personal vest and I probably wore it 4 or 5 times. Its in perfect condition and ready for a new home. $150 shipped CONUS - just send me a PM if you want it....

EDIT - the vest is sold, thanks guys! I'll leave this pic up so that we can all bask in the glory of the Veneto..

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick PSA - I found four pairs of Carmina's in our stock room. All of them are from 2013 or earlier.

If you take a US8, 11, 12, or 13, then there's something for you. Check out the link

Would jump on these if they were my size. Lucky folks who can take them!

A pass of my recent purchases and closet makes me look forward to MOP buttons on very nearly everything I wear this summer.

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh how I wish that vest was 1 size smaller!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads