1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Golfham,

Would like to see some better photos and something from the back also. The "ripples" on your upper arm should not be there. From the two photos you have posted, it looks a bit small.
    I bought the 38 in the Weller and parts of the jacket fit amazingly well but the shoulders were just too narrow. I returned it for a 40 and had it altered to fit. Maybe this is what you need to do with sizing up one from where you are now...can't really offer a definitive response without seeing additional/better photos.

2. meso

meso Senior member

Yeah, try throwing on a different shirt.
    I prefer 1/2" of cuff, just a bit. That looks like 1 1/2" ish.
    I'm a little more thrown by the brown moc-toe loafers, but that's just me! :happy:

3. dra

dra Senior member

Second pic is better but still looks a touch small everywhere, in my opinion.

4. golfham

golfham Senior member

thanks guys

also, those penny chromexcel loafers go well with anything! They are becoming my favorite shoes!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Hey golf...I'd size up as well. You'll prob be a lot more comfortable too.

6. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Yup, def size up. I think the jackets run a touch slimmer\smaller then their typical jacket size states. I think KG mentioned that he sized up as well.

7. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I think the Caine runs true to size (44 = 44 inch around the chest) rather than the extra couple of inches most blazers add. My other 44 blazers are about 46 around the chest to account for shirt/sweater underneath. The Caine does not have the extra room, so I would say a 44 fits like a 42. It looks slightly tight on me, but that look was big when I was in Amsterdam last year so I am running with it.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

X-post from WAYWT...

[​IMG]

Gitman Vintage Gingham Seersucker Button-Down
    Epaulet Smith Selvedge Denim
    Red Brick Soul Suede Longwings

2 people like this.
  9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

10. golfham

golfham Senior member

Bah, I returned the jacket. :( :( :(

It's such a beautiful piece, I wish I bought the correct size.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

That's why you buy two sizes and return one. Smart instant gratification. :nodding:

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Thanks for bearing with us over the past week - we're back and in full effect! We're going to be shipping and processing returns like fiends today. If you sent a PM or a customer service email, then expect to hear from us by the end of the day.

I'll get back to everyone's queries in the thread AND I'll have some new product to show you later on today too! If I'm not mistaken, a bunch of new trousers are arriving today.

13. sazon

sazon Senior member

welcome back from Vaca Mike.

Word is that it wasn't a real vaca, but a disguised attempt to secretly get production rolling of your new "Epaulet for Vienna Lederhosen" in classic grey flannel wool, with Horween leather accents.

Can't wait to see these.

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Hope you had a nice relaxing vaca...can't wait to see what these new trousers look like!

15. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Welcome back Mike.

I received my two sportcoats and 5 shirts this week. All fit and look great and am just heading to the tailor to get my coats shortened a bit in the sleeves.

Anyway, thanks for everything and am pumped to see the new products so I can start putting together my next big order ... well I guess I have already started that with the Alden Brixton Boot and Shadow Dot Preorder.

16. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

FUCK YEAH TROUSERS!!!!!!!!!!!

17. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Sounds like a pretty good haul!

18. dra

dra Senior member

Holding off on ordering the black / grey gingham until the new stuff gets put up later today...

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I get the feeling that this guy loves his job.

Back from vacation, day 1 and "We're going to be shipping and processing returns like fiends today"

:nodding:

20. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

If it is one thing that I have learned in terms of seeing something I liked with Epaulet (and I know there are many in this thread that can back me up), if you see something you like, PULL THE MUTHA FUCKIN TRIGGA. Trust me on this, because it could sell out in your size in any minute and IF there are re-stocks, you could be waiting for months. Simply look through all of the "Shadow Dot" posts where people missed the boat (and there are many other examples as well). Anyway, you have been warned ;)