1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Thanks, man. I got a Canon Rebel XS with the 18-55mm lens kit. Takes great shots. I want to get an EF 55mm f/1.4 lens for it, but those are really pricey, so I think I'll go with a f/1.8.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nah, I had both. The 1.4's not really better than the 1.8, just heavier. If you were going to invest in a new lens, check out these: 28/2.8: this is pretty inexpensive, and it gives you a nice 35mm focal length which looks a bit wider than natural vision. It's a great all-around lens and way sharper than the included zoom lens. 17-40L: this gives a nice wide perspective and pretty good glass for the money. Also, if you're going to shoot indoors a lot, you should really consider getting an external flash. The cheaper, smaller model that Canon makes (not sure of the current model numbers) will do wonders for any indoor pics.

3. jeisurii

jeisurii Well-Known Member

Received my Stewart Black Walts today, and they look fantastic. First Walt purchase too so I was interested in just how well they'd fit, and turned out perfect. Most definitely will need to go on a spree next time I'm in the market for trousers. :nodding:

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Got my Stewart Black Rudys today too. They're definitely the craziest pair of pants I've ever gotten and I'm so glad I did. Ever since I started buying from Epaulet I've had trouble buying trousers anywhere else, they're just not up to snuff. :slayer:

5. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, except my problem extends from trousers into shirting. I don't think Mike and Adele see this as much of a problem tho.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm making notes, man. This is great info!

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

9. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Wow Cardigans too??? :nodding::nodding: Now I need to save at least 500$ for one cardigan and one sweater... and that's at minimum!

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

gitman bought all the material for its s/s 12?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  11. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Imma have to buy that Gitman then, since I missed out both reruns of the shadow dot. :fu:

Unless there are plans and materials to make more runs? :nodding:

12. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

That's not even close to the same material as the epaulet shadow dot

13. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Sometimes I wish Mike kept a gallery of all of the shirts, trousers and all other garments that he and Adele have produced over the last few years. Then I see a shirt like Keith is wearing and get a little emo because I missed out on it and know I probably will never get a chance to purchase it. Ugggggg.

14. MikkoN

MikkoN Senior member

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

no codes for epaulet. he prices items purposely at the sweet spot.

he does offer SF members 2 weeks for refunds on returns and free shipping over 50 bucks

16. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Epaulet doesn't do discount codes. You can wait for a sale, but (a) sales a few and far between, (b) pieces tend to get snatched up in a hurry at regular prices, and (c) the "regular prices" are great as-is. If you see something you like and can afford it—even if just barely—better grab it while it's still there. Many Epaulet items are limited-run, so there's no telling what will and will not be restocked.

Good luck!

- K

17. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Mikkon - not that you need a third voice to chime in here repeating the same thing but Keith and Random are both 100% right. Hell, see my post a few up from you regarding missing out on a shirt I did not know exist and it is fucking amazing!

So a few tips:

- If you see something made by Epaulet, BUY IT (if you can afford it like others have said). One of the great unique things about Epaulet is that they do things in small batches and once they are gone, you may never see them again. Now, there are items that they do re-stocks of (British Kahkis as an example) but even then, you may be stuck waiting months for a restock and many times, common sizes sell out quick.

- Epaulet's service is bar none. I am convinced you will find no staff more passionate about what they do then these folks. And if you are ever in New York City, it is a must to stop by and see them.

-Once you have made your first or 10th or 100th purchase from these folks, read through this thread. I find the Epaulet thread is one of the few on this forum void of chest pounding egos that unfortunately plague many of the threads around here. Also, the people are pretty helpful and Mike does a very good job replying to posts and PMs.

- Lastly, I am sorry to say that your bank account\Visa\MC may suffer. Once you have your size(s) dialed in and see\feel\wear the items in persone, well, there is no going back.

Have fun!

18. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

This is one of my favorite things about this thread, fo' sho'.

19. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Yup. PS - Has anyone ever told you that you look like Wilco's drummer, Glenn Kotche?

20. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Ha! Never heard that one before. He's a great drummer. Crazy solo stuff. I recently heard some of his music and an interview with him on Radiolab.