1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Thanks. I am hoping for the same. Coming on 3 months now...

2. razl

razl Senior member

A couple of quick ogle shots of those 2 MTO shirts I mentioned above.

That Canclini.... That Titano...

IMG_2890.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

FrankCowperwood likes this.
  3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I just want to add here that my MTM Dartmouth SC has now become my favorite article of clothing.

That is all.

4. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

EFF Indigo linen today. There's no way denying that these are an incredible "blue" trouser and they're a bit more ambitious than what I normally wear. That being said, I received 6 separate compliments on them today so alright!

IMG_4406.JPG

5. DapperDan08

DapperDan08 Member

Mine are due to arrive Monday. Thanks for posting!

6. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I'm looking forward to getting mine as well!

7. applky

applky Senior member

Thanks for posting those. They look great! Was just about to ask if someone could post a photo of the Titano. Does that fabric seem well suited to four-season wear, especially in the summer?

Also looks like Artisan collars all around?

@CLTesquire looking great in those Indigo linens! Is the true-to-life color just a shade lighter/brighter than your photo above? @DapperDan08 @Nik Telford you guys will love yours. Once it's warm out I'm all about linen Walts, especially Indigo.

8. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

I'd agree they're a bit brighter in real life. The lighting in my office is sub par for sure. It's an amazing, saturated blue.

applky likes this.
  9. razl

razl Senior member

I'm in hot, humid Florida and perspire easier than most, so I'm more sensitive to heat related questions - but I'd say that the Canclini Titano (the soft "broken stripe" one) will be fine for me to wear about 95% of the year. On the hottest of hot days, I have other shirts that are lighter/airy'er that I would prefer but that's more because of me. In somewhere slightly less God forsaken and temperate, it would be a year round shirt no problem.

As an aside, the other Canclini "no name" blue with white stripe is slightly, but noticeably, lighter and a little more open of a weave; I'd wear that 100% all year long.

Oh, and no, those are Medium Spread (7S) collars, not Artisans. Since I had no first hand exposure I agonized between the two and finally settled on the Medium Spread. I like a substantial collar, my Mazarelli's are my best go-to example, and the Artisan on paper seemed to be comparable, but something about the Artisan's look in pictures didn't appear to my eye to translate as well; especially sans jacket, as well as my Maz's do. Amazing how similar they can compare on paper but still present so differently.

Hope that helps!

applky likes this.
  10. applky

applky Senior member

Thanks, @razl. This is very, very helpful. I'm in NYC, where it gets hot and humid but not on Florida levels, so the Canclini Titano Hand-Sketch Stripe should work for me year round. Some of the photos on the website make it seem as though it has a greyish cast, but your photo makes it look like it's squarely in the light blue family. Is that right?

And I'd say that the Artisan is a great collar with or without a jacket. It sits on the shirt whether you have stays in or not. I was a fellow skeptic -- it seemed just a tad too big -- but I'm a convert. A note that I've only gotten it on lighter fabrics, and I always ask for the infamous "Ladies Light Lining."

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@applky there's actually two "Titano's"... Razl has the first colorway which is white & light blue. The one that you like is a darker indigo & greycast mix. But yeah the weight is going to be excellent for year-round.

12. applky

applky Senior member

Ahh, that's helpful to know. Will follow up with you Mike on e-mail.

13. razl

razl Senior member

Like Epaulet mentioned, mine is the white with blue stripes and reads IRL exactly as that. Those sketch stripes are so cool in that it still seems like a pinstriped striped shirt but with a softer, subtle quality that's just great.

Now that I'm successfully through the growing pains on my first order, I may just give it a whirl on my next. Thanks for the lining tip!

14. Epaulet

Hey dudes! I just approved the final design for the Doyle 2.0 (we'll have a better name than that). Should have a physical sample to show in a few weeks.

We've made a few changes to the original flavor model:

1) Corrected armhole and chest span: Some guys (me included) found the top part of the jacket to be a bit constrictive, so we relaxed it a touch.

2) Smaller collar: The original collar was really wide when buttoned, this has been tightened up a bit

3) Button modular cuffs: The original jacket had a plain hemmed cuff. This ends with a button cuff so that you can undo it and roll it back, just like the Teba. However, we kept it a modular design so that the sleeves can be easily shortened. A tailor removes the stitch that holds the cuff on, and slides it up the jacket, easy as pie.

4) Deeper Interior pocket: we added about an inch to the depth so that it can accommodate larger smartphones like the 7+

IMG_9743.JPG

For the first run, I'm thinking to do 100 units. We'll keep it conservative and work to sell through the first batch quickly. Reorders are going to be a much easier and quicker process than before. I'm going to stick with duck canvas, although I've got a new variety which is a bit softer than what we used previously.

In terms of colors, I'm thinking 50 units of Moss: this is along the lines of the green that we ran before:

img_1764.jpg

Then we'll do 30 units of Navy. Was the second-best seller from before

img_2025.jpg

And I found this awesome "Dusty Plum" color. It's a French duck canvas and it's insanely soft. I love the tone.. it would jive really nicely with our Cramerton chinos. Price would be a bit higher (about $195 vs $175 for the other colors), and we can do around 20 units. It's deadstock.

img_3358.jpg

img_2025.jpg

15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Really into those easy pants. Been looking for something like those for the last couple of months.

16. CommodoreMarvel

CommodoreMarvel Member

Will the Rudy Rivet fit be included as a drop down option on the MTO Rivets?

17. notmandatory

notmandatory Member

I'm excited to see the new Doyle. That "Dusty Plum" color is great.

18. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Love the easy pants as well. I will add my two cents and say that I'd like to see them with some more taper to the leg

19. cyclohexane

cyclohexane Senior member

20. Epaulet

Quick fit pic from Saturday's open house... Me in the Teba and light wash denim shirt, Zach in the Barberis Pique Vittorio and University Stripe Salt Wash Oxford

IMG_9824.JPG

FrankCowperwood and notmandatory like this.