1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@Mghart they're gonna work great on you. Higher rise (like the Rudy trouser) fuller thigh, still tapered after the knee. Should fit me (and you) perfectly. Believe me, I'm also sort of el desperado for trousers too. Adele is waiting for them to arrive so I stop wearing shorts so much. Should be here really soon!

DapperDan08 likes this.
  2. Epaulet

So, without the NYC storefront to be constantly cracking jokes in, I realize that I'm keeping a bunch of out-dated and debatably funny music references to myself. I want to break this unintended moratorium and start sharing, so I'm thinking to just start posting ridiculous video links here on the thread. Let's see how this goes!

I'm going to lead off with a personal favorite... a young and cranky Glenn Danzig who enjoyed Henry Rollins' set but has a particular dislike for Sinead O'Connor:

The German guy interviewing him is just too perfect :D

Also, nothing says "sincerity" quite like a shirt with a pleather front and fishnet sleeves.

3. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

Finally got around to picking up my Old Gold Gables, along with my White Khyber Cloth Gables. Both are awesome, I didn't spend too much time looking at the white Gables before dropping them off at the tailors but I'm really excited to wear them. The Old Gold's are great as well, the fit is perfect which im really glad about since I have a pair of linen trousers from last year that are a bit small.

4. Epaulet

@Nik Telford rad, looking forward to seeing pics!

5. Epaulet

FrankCowperwood and Nik Telford like this.
  6. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

As my casual wardrobe expands I've realized how much I need a white sneaker so I've been waiting around for a restock. Ordered!

7. Epaulet

@losrockets rad, thanks for the order! We're shipping out a ton of these tomorrow. Here's the fit pics for that too:
    White Tennis Fit Quarter.jpg White Tennis Fit Overhead.jpg

8. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

God these look so good. Any luck sourcing large sized cup soles? Did you check out the Gustin ones? Because I'm positive they're the same sole and they go up to 15.

9. Thefenceposts

Thefenceposts Well-Known Member

Great news - follow up tailoring question: with the herringbone taping included, can you still do a blind hem like a pair of trousers? or do they have to be hemmed more like denim?

10. Epaulet

@Thefenceposts should be no problem to do a blind hem, the taping really isn't that thick. But they'll have a 1/4" stitch on the bottom.. like a pair of jeans.. when they're deliverered

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Epaulet/Southwick suit in VBC "Blue Danube" cross hatch fabric

[​IMG]

applky, Nik Telford and Don L like this.
  12. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior member

@Epaulet

Can you tell us anything more about the Hertling E-Z pant that was mentioned in the email blast? Definitely excited to see what that one's gonna look like.

13. Epaulet

@Duke Silver sure thing.. the basic idea was to do a more "Hertling" version of the EZ pants we're seeing on the market. So:

1) Single Pleat, full tapered leg
    2) Rudy Rise (approx)
    3) Quarter-inch hem finish (like the Rivet Chino, so can be nicely rolled if you want)
    4) Self Belt with side channel

This last bit requires some explanation. A lot of the pants with this concept out there have a drawstring waist. Hertling cannot do that, and it's also a mismatch with woolen fabrics (in my opinion). So we asked them to create a self belt in the same fabric. If it's a blue linen pant, it will come with a blue linen belt. This will hopefully be a steezy look when worn together, but it can also be taken out if you want, and you can use a normal belt with it.

Sample should be delivered today, we'll see how it looks!

14. applky

applky Senior member

White Khybers and Navy Suede Slip-ons on the way. Can't wait! Should be a great pairing.

(Also EP friends, that promised massive Ashland closet cleaning is in my signature.)

15. Epaulet

BEHOLD THE EASY PANT!!

Wow, Hertling did such a killer job on this! I've never seen them make anything like it. The self belt and channel came out really rad. This is a bit big on him (it's a 32, he needs a 30), but it should be pretty relaxed and able to be cinched at the top.

The guys at the factory were really jazzed. If this seems like something everyone's into, I can probably get a really good price and a fast delivery on this in Khyber Cloth cotton. Right in time for Summer, and we've got like 8 colors to offer, including white for the true players....

Easy Pant Main Pant Only.jpg

Easy Pant Main.jpg

Easy Pant Side.jpg

Easy Pant Rear.jpg

Easy Pant Waist.jpg

FrankCowperwood and forsan like this.
  16. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

These look great Mike and I'd been in. What other color options? I have a couple pairs of beams+ pants that are similar and I love them as sort of a super casual anti-fit pant. What kind of price point would we be at too?

17. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

18. slows2k

slows2k Well-Known Member

Oh man, I got my Tecido trainers today and talk about a home run. They are every bit as awesome as they look in the product pics. I really like the ecru sole too; I initially thought it was going to be white, but seeing them in person I am glad it is slightly off-white. Makes them look a bit more grown up than your average sneaker type slip-on.

Sizing wise- I am bit of a tweener: borderline between 8.5D and 8.5E brannock. I take an 8.5 in the GATs and I went with the 8.5 in these even with the slimmer shape, and it was the right choice. They are a tad tight around my big and little toes, but they will stretch a bit. Otherwise they fit perfectly everywhere else.

I feel like these might be the most quintessentially California shoe I've ever seen: the chutzpah of a woven loafer, but the laid-back style of a sneaker.

Funcheese likes this.