1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

I actually like the smoked version better, but maybe I'm just biased.

2. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

I need one and I don't care which version it is, I just need one in S.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

lol i was hoping i could move past that terrible pic of me pigging out on ice cream. thanks for bringing it up again [​IMG]

4. randomkoreandude

[​IMG]

this is mikes original product shot ... much better presentation haha

5. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

lol i was hoping i could move past that terrible pic of me pigging out on ice cream. thanks for bringing it up again [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Removed the link already.

Damn it, I can't decide between the original or the smoke. Guess I'll need both. [​IMG]

6. randomkoreandude

haha you didnt have to remove i was just joking

but yeah get both [​IMG]

i just like the original better not saying i wont get the other if mike makes another run

7. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Hahaha nah, I only put up your pic cos I was lazy to get the pic of just the shirt, so since you posted it I figured I'll remove it anyway.

Yeah, I'm really hoping Mike makes another run for the smoke. As for the original, the only way I can get one now is on B&S but I don't think anyone would sell theirs.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

any CHANCE of another run of the original.

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

new one looks better imo, but both are solid.

10. kilgore

kilgore Well-Known Member

so i got my white oxford in medium the other day, and the fit is pretty much perfect for me. i have enough space for movement, which i initially worried about with this size. i'm definitely glad i exchanged the large i originally got. i see a lot of good days ahead with this shirt! thanks again for your help SF and thank you mike & adele! [​IMG]

11. L.I.T.

L.I.T. Well-Known Member

Just got my red floral fit is spot on. Thanks for the great products. Now waiting for that smoke shadow dot. Glad I logged on at work at noon before it sold out. I mean Friday morning there was a full stock then by noon pacific time only large and medium left.

12. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Whats up with the new $140 shirt price? Is this just certain fabrics or is this the new pricing?

13. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

Anyone with the patchwork madras shorts washed them? They are cotton so I'm thinking cold wash line dry would be fine, but the label says dry clean only.

14. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Anyone with the patchwork madras shorts washed them? They are cotton so I'm thinking cold wash line dry would be fine, but the label says dry clean only.

i did a cold wash and tumble dry on mine. no problems. i love these shorts, too bad i can't wear them to work.

15. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

Any future restocks of the Walt Navy UK Poplin trousers?

Also, do you have any recommendations for a NYC tailor? I need the trousers shortened and would like to have them blind stitch hemmed exactly like the original. Thanks!

16. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I checked with Mike and Adele on this. Seems quite a few of the shorts have "dry clean only" inside. According to M &A, this is something that the company making the shorts likes to do. Cold wash is fine. I've already washed my patchwork madras shorts three times (no visit to the dryer) and they are fine.

17. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Guys - thank so you much for all the orders today! Holy shite, we're totally slammed over here.

Working to get as much as possible shipped out today! We'll probably end up putting the canvas Rivet Chinos online over the weekend. Apologies if I'm a little AWOL on PM's today.

Thanks dudes!

Patiently awaiting the navy canvas chinos..

18. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

+1

got wind it will only drop on tues[​IMG]

19. konadog

konadog Senior member

Just ordered the tangerine linen walts - appreciate the advice, Mike.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for all of your orders! We're finally climbing out of the packing mountain here, so if your order didn't go out Friday, then it should go out tomorrow for USPS and Tuesday for UPS. My god, I never expected the new shirts to sell through so fast. I'll check on additional Shadow Dot goods, but I was told a few weeks back that it was a limited run and we used up all of the remaining stock. You never know though.

One thing that I can promise you - I've got my hands on RIDICULOUS shirting fabrics for the Fall. And trouser fabrics. And sportcoat fabrics. And shoe leathers. I'm confident that we'll have things which are just as special and desirable as the Shadow Dot cotton.

Whats up with the new $140 shirt price? Is this just certain fabrics or is this the new pricing?

Well, you guys are probably aware that price of apparel and footwear commodities (cotton, wool, leather, silk, etc) have gone up radically in the past year. In most cases, I've worked to keep my pricing consistent. But, the increase in cotton plus the devaluation of the dollar against the yen meant that I had to raise prices on my items which use Japanese fabrics. The $10 increase reflects a true $10 increase in my production cost. For the moment, I'm able to keep shirts done with British fabrics and widely produced Japanese cloths (Oxford, Gingham) at our $130 price.

Our pricing always depends on the cost of raw materials, so that's not to say that it might not go up in the future. But I can promise that I'll always work to deliver the maximum value for the price on every item that carries our brand.

Oh, they're totally machine washable. For all of our cotton trousers and shorts, cold wash and hang dry is the best route for cleaning them.

Any future restocks of the Walt Navy UK Poplin trousers?

Also, do you have any recommendations for a NYC tailor? I need the trousers shortened and would like to have them blind stitch hemmed exactly like the original. Thanks!

Not that exact fabric, unfortunately. I'm working on something like that for the Fall though. And we'll surely have a true Navy wool dress pant.

For tailoring, the Lower East Side is one of the best spots. I actually get my pants hemmed at the place across the street from our Orchard Street store (144 Orchard). They do a solid job and it's $4 for the work. They can generally do it in 15-45 minutes, so you can grab a coffee and pick it up the same day.

Just ordered the tangerine linen walts - appreciate the advice, Mike.

Thank you - you're gonna love them! What a killer color.

Coming soon!