Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. racknac

racknac Senior member

^ I would say the lawn shirts are really light weight, a little heavier than linen... but really soft. I definitely reserve them for warmer weather.

2. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

I think you should tease us with fabric swatches, if you have any. [​IMG]

This. Any eta on when the madras will drop?

3. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

The lawn fabric would be too lightweight to wear on it's own during colder months, but it is killer layered under a sweater. Mike suggested that, and it's great advice. I have the grape, and it looks great underneath a charcoal sweater.

4. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Thanks for the feedback on the lawn fabric. I love the ginghams but not sure I'll like that light of a fabric...I may give it a try though along with one of the flap pocket button downs that I know I want.

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

The lawn fabric would be too lightweight to wear on it's own during colder months, but it is killer layered under a sweater. Mike suggested that, and it's great advice. I have the grape, and it looks great underneath a charcoal sweater.
    That's a great idea. Never thought of doing that. Guess I know what I'm wearing tomorrow.

6. MichaelPemulis

7. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Would love to see Epaulet do a couple of ginghams (especially a grey) in a traditional weight fabric. I would also be happy if they restocked my size in the grey gingham lawn shirt [​IMG]

Just wondering - for those of you who have Epaulet trousers, do you generally only wear them in bizcas settings? Or are they slim enough to be worn with an untucked button down?

8. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Just wondering - for those of you who have Epaulet trousers, do you generally only wear them in bizcas settings? Or are they slim enough to be worn with an untucked button down?
    I typically only wear mine to work, but that's more a function of the fact that the trousers I have are the more conservative/business appropriate fabrics which I bought specifically for that purpose, and I'm presently more focused on upping the work game since that's what I wear most often. That said, there have been some makeups that I would readily rock with more casual fits.

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I have Epaulet trousers and chinos, so I tend to wear the trousers in a business-casual or more formal setting, while I wear the chinos both at the office and around the house. That's just a personal choice, and I think you could easily wear some of the trouser fabrics with an untucked OCBD. In fact, looking through the fabrics Mike has out there, I can see that happening with a lot of the trousers. Which one(s) do you have in mind?

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

While I mostly wear my charcoal flannels to work, I will wear them more casually when the mood strikes me. They work very well w. the Epaulet shirts tucked or untucked, if that's what you're wondering.

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

Just exchanged a pair of Smiths for gunmetal gray chinos, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Mike and Adele!

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i own trousers for work & chinos for casual & work

13. MichaelPemulis

the Stewart plaid trousers in particular would look killer in a more casual setting.

14. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Questionnfor the other chino owners. Mine come out of the laundry too wrinkles to wear and I hate ironing. Do any of you take them to be pressed? Wear as is or iron them yourselves? Thanks

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

the Stewart plaid trousers in particular would look killer in a more casual setting.

Totally agree. In fact, I was going to say something about solids and casual, but thought about the Stewarts and changed my mind.

Questionnfor the other chino owners. Mine come out of the laundry too wrinkles to wear and I hate ironing. Do any of you take them to be pressed? Wear as is or iron them yourselves? Thanks

I iron them myself, mainly because I know I do a better job than most cleaners would. There's no substitute for hand-pressing.