1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Just got my OD Rivet chinos in and am very impressed, the fabric is wonderful and has the nice casual feel I was hoping for. Color is great as well. Haven't had a chance to try them on yet but if they fit as good as I suspect they will I will definitely be pickup up some more of these Rivet chinos in the future. I'm just starting my Epaulet collection (3 shirts and these pants so far) but I look forward to getting more. Thanks for a great deal on some killer pants Mike!

2. pwnstar

pwnstar Active Member

Any contrast collar shirts on the horizon?

3. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Just placed a big order yesterday and had a nice phone chat with Mike. I'll be adding this to my closet: - Alden whiskey shell cordovan longwings (if they're too big, I'll exchange them for burgundy) - Thorogood No. 685 boots - Gitman Ashland tartan shirt - Glen plaid flannel trousers - Chocolate flannel trousers - Gunmetal gray rivet chinos This brings my Epaulet inventory up to 11 shirts, 8 trousers, 4 chinos, 3 shoes, 3 ties, 1 denim, and 1 scarf. YAY! Good luck on your trip today, Mike. - Keith
    Nice pickup. Which Ashland tartan?

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Nice pickup. Which Ashland tartan?
    The red & navy: [​IMG] Do you have one?

5. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

The red & navy:

Do you have one?

Sure do. Ashland S fits me ever so slightly better than Epaulet M, and I like the pattern and the mitered cuffs a lot. A fantastic shirt.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Sure do. Ashland S fits me ever so slightly better than Epaulet M, and I like the pattern and the mitered cuffs a lot. A fantastic shirt.
    Looks like an Ashland S sits somewhere between Epaulet S and M. Can you tell me how the fabric on this shirt compares with their oxford cloth? I really love the heft of their oxfords, but I'm guessing this shirt will be slightly less beefy. Not sure.

7. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Yeah it does sit between an Epaulet S and M. The fabric on that particular shirt is definitely substantial, but slightly less beefy than their oxfords, as you say. I personally have found oxford cloth shirts to not look great on me unless the fit is razor sharp because I'm fairly slim and tall (6', 145 lbs) and oxford cloth tends to drape less well than less stiff fabrics. This fabric is a great medium weight. Maybe medium-heavy? That said about oxford cloth, I also bought the Ashland gray/blue striped oxford because the fit was razor sharp and the fabric is absolutely beautiful. What's your Epaulet shirt size?

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Yeah it does sit between an Epaulet S and M. The fabric on that particular shirt is definitely substantial, but slightly less beefy than their oxfords, as you say. I personally have found oxford cloth shirts to not look great on me unless the fit is razor sharp because I'm fairly slim and tall (6', 145 lbs) and oxford cloth tends to drape less well than less stiff fabrics. This fabric is a great medium weight. Maybe medium-heavy? That said about oxford cloth, I also bought the Ashland gray/blue striped oxford because the fit was razor sharp and the fabric is absolutely beautiful. What's your Epaulet shirt size?
    I'm just about a perfect S in Epaulet, so I expect the Ashland will be just a bit looser in the chest, but I'm really not worried about half an inch difference here or there. Glad to hear the fabric is a little on the heavier side. I hear what you're saying about the drape, but I'm not as tall as you so it's a little less of a concern. (I'm 5' 9.5", 145 lbs.)

9. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

10. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

I'm just about a perfect S in Epaulet, so I expect the Ashland will be just a bit looser in the chest, but I'm really not worried about half an inch difference here or there. Glad to hear the fabric is a little on the heavier side. I hear what you're saying about the drape, but I'm not as tall as you so it's a little less of a concern. (I'm 5' 9.5", 145 lbs.)
    TBH I can almost fit into an Epaulet S, so the Ashland S is probably fine for you. It's an overall different fit, so I think it should be evaluated on its own merits. (Hint: its merits are many.)

11. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

Any chance for some green button ups (OCBD perhaps?) for those of us who like to show a little class on St. Patty's... before losing said class by drinking too much, puking, blacking out, and hooking up with unsavory women (not necessarily in this order) [​IMG] ?

12. Basic

Basic Active Member

I got these for my birthday around the beginning of December. I have worn them 3-4 times a week since. I really love them and the character they are starting to show. Big props for making such a great product. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

part 2 of restock question: basic fabric grey trousers?

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

for those that have them, how are the lawn shirts? How lightweight are they really and do you tend to wear them all year or just in the warmer months? Thinking about one of the ginghams but I tend to favor more substantial fabrics and am unsure how I'd feel about this lawn fabric having never handled it.

15. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Eagerly awaiting a pair of Smiths!

I was hoping they'd come in the mail today, but alas, I shall wait.