Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Great fit, StanVan!

Agreed. I think SVB's fits are finally progressing. Good stuff and boots look great.

2. PeteZaSak

PeteZaSak Well-Known Member

Anyone has Epaulet x Thorogood work boots sz. 9-9.5 for sale. Hit me up!

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I have a Hickeystyle jacket that I measured and the measurements are pretty much the same as the sport coat. That would mean it's pretty slim but yeah it doesn't seem off to me. Haven't measured any of my shirts though.

Whether they should of made bigger sizes I dunnno but it seems like a pretty slim cut as stated.

And I've measured as always like the MC FAQ on measuring says: from one seam to the other, across the back, at the widest point(of the seams, not the fabric)

Cool - I'd say that our Desmond jacket is actually very close to the Hickeystyle fit in the chest and shoulders. The size 40.

And thanks for posting up the measurement links. Looking at it briefly, it looks like the shoulders are actually 0.5 to 0.75" longer when measuring the from the back. I'm going to personally go through everything and update the sizing tomorrow. Everything should be accurate except for the shoulders, but I'll double-check.

Just got the Thorogood 685's in the mail the other day. Wore them to work today and I'm blown away by the quality, value, and looks. They are really beautiful. I feel like they are a no brainer for the price. Bought some Red Wing Gentleman Travelers recently (in cigar color) and as much as I love Red Wings, these Thorogoods just feel and look better all around. I gotta hand it to Epaulet... they have some seriously good taste in their offerings. BTW, thanks to this forum for introducing me to the Thorogoods.... in one of the boot threads. Now that I know about Epaulet, I'm worried about my wallet [​IMG]

Hey thanks so much, really glad that you're pleased with them!

Mike,

I sent you a PM, could you check it out?

And guys, the charcoal flannel I received is awesome. Would highly recommend it.

Hit you back, and thanks for your order! Glad that you dig the charcoal flannel, that's one of my favorites!

Anyone have the Nau jacket? They are on sale but no returns on them

I know that I don't count as an objective reviewer (as I sell it), but I can tell you that the Blazing jacket has been my personal winter coat for NYC for the past two years. If you dig the styling, then it's a seriously warm and practical piece. We're buying into a totally new style of it for next Fall, so we're clearing this season's jackets out. It's a really killer value for the price.

Awesome, thanks for posting the pic Stanley! Someone told me that it was 80-degrees in LA today. The weather was similar here - just subtract 60 from that number.

Oh man. I can't wait for my next trip out there.

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

I second the blazing jacket rec.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

those boots look awesome.

6. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Do you know the weight of the tweed? Also, the first line of your copy still says the coat is single-vented.

Also, I placed an order for my first (new) Epaulet shirt - a basic white oxford point collar in medium. Can't wait for it to arrive!

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Mike or Dusty,

How is the fit on the Blazing jacket? Thanks

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mike,

Are you guys planning to do an Alden whiskey boots any time soon? I am craving a pair of whiskey wing tip boots and no one has them. I'd kill for a pair of Brixton that you guys already have, but in whiskey!

9. dusty

dusty Senior member

Mike or Dusty,

How is the fit on the Blazing jacket? Thanks

I guess I'd hesitate to call it a slim fit, but this is a down coat we're talking about. It's probably the best silhouette you can expect to get with this type of jacket. It's certainly not going to look out of place with the average SFer's wardrobe.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

11. Epaulet

Do you know the weight of the tweed? Also, the first line of your copy still says the coat is single-vented.

Also, I placed an order for my first (new) Epaulet shirt - a basic white oxford point collar in medium. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Oh, thanks - copy is fixed! I'm not sure of the exact weight, but I'd estimate it around 10-12oz. It's got a solid hand, but it's not overbearing or too hot to wear inside.

And thanks for the order - let me know what you think of the shirt!

Mike,

Are you guys planning to do an Alden whiskey boots any time soon? I am craving a pair of whiskey wing tip boots and no one has them. I'd kill for a pair of Brixton that you guys already have, but in whiskey!

Hmm, the Whiskey Longwings were the only whiskey that we had planned for Spring. But I'm definitely considering something for Fall.

I guess I'd hesitate to call it a slim fit, but this is a down coat we're talking about. It's probably the best silhouette you can expect to get with this type of jacket. It's certainly not going to look out of place with the average SFer's wardrobe.

Agreed. The Blazing actually has a really polished fit. You need to size down one from Epaulet shirts (if you take a med shirt, buy a small jacket). I'll shoot some outdoor fit pics shortly.

It's really a phenomenal piece. It's understated, technical, and really warm. No logos on it. The only thing that might be a consideration is that it's a bit too short to cover a sportcoat.

12. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Can we expect any new colors for button downs, like solid white or some shade of brown?

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Can we expect any new colors for button downs, like solid white or some shade of brown?

I wouldn't expect too much brown for the spring, but what do I know?

14. Epaulet

Yup, white oxfords will be delivered in about four weeks.

And we have - really - an absolutely stupid amount of shirts coming throughout the Spring. It's going to be bananas. Deliveries will start mid-late Feb.

In the meantime, I'm putting the final touches on our deadstock Walts. They should be online tonight. Here's a quick fit pic of the Guncheck fabric - styled nicely with some color #8 shell captoes:

[​IMG]

15. racknac

racknac Senior member

And we have - really - an absolutely stupid amount of shirts coming throughout the Spring. It's going to be bananas. Deliveries will start mid-late Feb.

ohh my lawd. What sort of fabrics are we talking about? I think in terms of spring/summer material, i'm looking for stuff that is more durable to heavy washing and maybe even pre-shrunk.

Moving from LA, i've really had to adjust to the idea of having a real winter vs summer wardrobe... generally i've just worn the same first layer year round with another layer (ie sweater or light jacket) during the cold 60 deg nights in winter. My first experience with east coast winter has made me really appreciate the fabrics the materials are made of.