Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

Hey Mike... please check your PMs. [​IMG]

2. *#..

*#.. Senior member

I lost probably 3/4 of a size out of an epaulet large by hot wash and dry. Worked pretty well and fits about perfect, not sure if I will go with large again and repeat or just start with a medium(afraid it might be a touch small).

With a small there is less fabric to shrink though so you might get half a size out of it?

Which shirt did you manage to shrink? I like 19.5" chest so I bought a medium and hope to get some fabric shrinkage on the charcoal flannel I ordered. Getting a small would be too uncomfortable for me.

3. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Would it be unwise to get an Epaulet shirt in small and try to shrink it to fit my 34" chest size?
    I lost probably 3/4 of a size out of an epaulet large by hot wash and dry. Worked pretty well and fits about perfect, not sure if I will go with large again and repeat or just start with a medium(afraid it might be a touch small). With a small there is less fabric to shrink though so you might get half a size out of it?
    Which shirt did you manage to shrink? I like 19.5" chest so I bought a medium and hope to get some fabric shrinkage on the charcoal flannel I ordered. Getting a small would be too uncomfortable for me.
    Why bother with shrinking? Why not just have it tailored? Seriously. You'll have so much more control over the results.

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Why bother with shrinking? Why not just have it tailored? Seriously. You'll have so much more control over the results.

This. Shrinking a typical shirt won't ever get the results you're looking for, especially if you're trying to shrink like half or full size. A quarter of an inch here or there, maaaaaybe, but it should stretch back out again after wear.

5. *#..

*#.. Senior member

The sleeves will be too long, so I was getting it tailored anyways. Just to be safe, I dry my oversized shirts once to avoid having a shirt that's too small if I tailor the chest. I misread blynch's post and didn't see that he hot washed his shirt; I don't wash shirts with hot water. I just wanted to know if epaulet's shirts will shrink any before I tailor it.

6. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^ I'll buy that. My flannel from last year shrank just the littlest bit after I first watched it. But Local_Disk: I say "unwise".

7. *#..

*#.. Senior member

^ I'll buy that. My flannel from last year shrank just the littlest bit after I first watched it. But Local_Disk: I say "unwise".

Thanks for the help. My first post didn't explain my intentions well. If I can avoid tailoring the chest after a drying cycle, then the chance of the tailor messing up my shirt is significantly lower.

8. meok

meok Well-Known Member

Will the Mens Grape Gingham Lawn Shirt be restocked in more sizes?

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

just wanted to give a shout out to adele for impeccable customer service for helping out my cousin and his incorrect sizing issues and exchange

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Hope that you had a happy new year! My apologies if anyone had a shipping delay last week - it was total chaos here in NYC with the snow.

We're grinding through all the shipments, returns, service e-mails, and PM's. I should be 100% caught up by the end of tomorrow. And we'll get back on the horse with new products and some awesome clearance sales for January.

Cheers,
    Mike

11. racknac

racknac Senior member

Epaulet is starting to suffer from some serious quality control issues... I received my order of chinos today and no personal note from Mike and Adele... I almost decided returned them, but instead am wondering if I should just order the british khaki and olive chinos to complete my collection.

12. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Epaulet is starting to suffer from some serious quality control issues... I received my order of chinos today and no personal note from Mike and Adele... I almost decided returned them, but instead am wondering if I should just order the british khaki and olive chinos to complete my collection.

Same here man, I was seriously looking all over the package for my personal note. I even checked the chino pockets to no avail. It was then that I broke down and cried myself to sleep. I feel so lost..

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Oh no, the personal notes! Sorry guys, we ran out of postcards here in the Manhattan store and mad boxes had to go out that day. Unfortunately some got sent note-less. But you know that we love all of you! [​IMG]

14. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

Hi Mike, I am interested in the Bailey Rudie Fedora. If the circumference of my head measures somewhere around 58.5 - 59cm, should I order a large or size up to an x-large? Thanks.

15. blynch

blynch Senior member

it was one of the double face shirts. And shrinkage is a decent option over tailoring when you need just a little all over, otherwise if you only need it smaller in the body I'd just tailor it.