• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
The tattoo looks good. But it's doubly awesome since you got it done by Civ. You should see if Ian Mackaye or Dr. Know will give you a haircut or something. Talk about great sourcing...

Hah! Not sure that I would trust either of those guys with a haircut. Somehow I'd end up shaved or dreaded.

Here's some pics of the man at work:

5246675137_845dfd9cba_z.jpg

5247276232_f6c9a551d5_z.jpg

Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I sold this to someone here, so no worries on the return. And you don't need to credit me anything. You guys took a hit on those shirts (not surprised people grabbed them up at that sale price). I'll be back for something else from you before long!

FWIW, it would be awesome to see a chino cut variation that was not quite as slim at the leg opening. Something like a true straight leg, that's not full or baggy, but still has a little more room. Just a thought....

Cool, thanks for the understanding!

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. Awesome.
worship.gif

Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hah! Not sure that I would trust either of those guys with a haircut. Somehow I'd end up shaved or dreaded.

Here's some pics of the man at work:

5246675137_845dfd9cba_z.jpg

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike, I love the Rivet Chino's, but I've got pretty slim legs and am used to something a bit slimmer (many will think I'm crazy, some will agree). Do you think a tailor would be able to take them in .5" in the leg and still maintain the Herringbone twill detail on the seam?

Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that up! This is a preview of some good things to come y'all!

It'll be interesting Mike. I have a couple of 40 gallon stainless vats on order with 200,000 BTU burners. That'll get me up to a dozen pieces or 20 yards of material per run which makes my life a whole lot easier. Still debating if we should run two colors or just one on the first batch.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Hey Mike, I love the Rivet Chino's, but I've got pretty slim legs and am used to something a bit slimmer (many will think I'm crazy, some will agree). Do you think a tailor would be able to take them in .5" in the leg and still maintain the Herringbone twill detail on the seam?

Thanks

Hmm, I imagine that it would be tough to taper from the outseam and keep the taping, but maybe he can taper with the inseam? Good tailors can work all kinds of magic.

Originally Posted by 1969
Wowzers. Don't you also have an oil painting of a boston terrier?

Oh man I wish. I posted that in "things you want, but never knew existed." That thing has haunted my dreams for months.

enigma77

Reaction score
Hmm, I imagine that it would be tough to taper from the outseam and keep the taping, but maybe he can taper with the inseam? Good tailors can work all kinds of magic.

TBH if your tailor is good he could taper from both sides and keep the taping, but the guy I go to is an absolute wizard (he would remove part of the taping, taper the legs, then fold over the tapered flaps and sew the taping back on; this is more than most are willing to do, I'd imagine).

Tapering from the inside is definitely doable. Be extremely clear that that's what you want; the default I believe is tapering equally from both sides.

zinman74

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmarriner
Are there any plans to make pants/jeans in larger sizes? I'd love to buy a pair or two, but I could not fit into a 36 if I tried.
Michael- Raf from California here. I spoke to you on the phone about a pair of slim Walt trousers in the glen plaid some time ago. They are absolutely beautiful trousers. I took a chance and had them let out by my tailor, but I am on the fence about whether they are still too slim or not, nothing ventured nothing gained right? I would like to echo the sentiment for some larger sizes or cuts though, I would be content if you carried the Rudy in a broader assortment of fabrics ( I know I missed out on some, but the restock appears to have been minimal) and I think there are more of us out there. I don't consider myself to be fat at 5'11" and 190 and I am working towards 180. The problem area on the slim trousers from you, Mabitex and from their measurement chart, Howard Yount is in the seat and thigh. I exercise and have muscular thighs. I am not sure if any of the weight I am losing will be coming off those areas. Unfortunately this leaves me with few options that aren't tent like. Food for thought. I'll be keeping an eye on your stock! Just noticed the medium grey flannel in Rudy, THANKS!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
TBH if your tailor is good he could taper from both sides and keep the taping, but the guy I go to is an absolute wizard (he would remove part of the taping, taper the legs, then fold over the tapered flaps and sew the taping back on; this is more than most are willing to do, I'd imagine).

Tapering from the inside is definitely doable. Be extremely clear that that's what you want; the default I believe is tapering equally from both sides.

Thanks to both of you. Do you happen to live in Los Angeles enigma? I'm not that familiar with tailoring besides getting a hem done. I'll have to find a wizard out here, because I really want to make those Chino's work and I imagine I only need them taken in a half inch or less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads