1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Calgary bluchers and some America Trench for you
    [​IMG]

Photo has sort of a #wickedwitchoftheeast thing going.

Took my Alden Barrie size in the Hoyt last, as suggests. Fit is better than Barrie, IMO. Good grip from the leather sole and rubber heel.

Nice shoes Mike!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    4 people like this.
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Those look killer. Wow

1 person likes this.
  3. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Speckled Chambray arrived today! The new cut in 35 is damn near perfect. A touch big in the waist. But the 34 might be to tight in the waist and thigh. Have the waists shrunk on anyone after washing? The flood gates have opened now that I can order at will. Thanks Mike!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Looks very sharp! I pulled that Vittorio out of storage as well. Good to see your fit pics again!

Man, those doublefaced rivets are so fresh. Love the red interior on that.

We had to develop the last shape in order to have that sleeker toe box. It ended up a bit larger than expected by a half size. So our initial buy is skewed towards bigger sizes.

That said, the whole last is nicely in proportion, so as long as you size down 0.5 from your TTS, you should get a solid fit on it. We've gotten great feedback on these and we've sold quite a few of them in the stores.

We'll absolutely bring in smaller sizes for the Fall and do a fairly nutzo reorder on them.

Thank you sir! From our side:

1) We typically just stock size 8 through 12. The 7.5 was a duplicate that the factory made. We had a bunch of extended sizes in Couro Cromo due to the big preorder from last year.

2) Provided the 7.5's work, they'll be a ton of opportunities for you to preorder that size. At least one preorder window each month.

3) No, our sneakers cannot be resoled. Margom soles are pretty tough though - so that matched with that thick chrome-tanned leather will give you a longer-wearing sneaker than probably any other pair that you've ever owned. But when the sole wears through you'll need to replace them.

4) You can absolutely use Saphir on these. I wouldn't say that it's necessary though. Couro Cromo - like Chromexcel - is a work leather at its heart, and its pretty tough. I personally use a good horsehair brush and Lexol Conditioner (available at a criminally cheap price on Amazon) to maintain the leather.

You may consider getting a pair of shoe trees to manage the toe creasing. It's not necessary, but a lot of guys have done it. Be sure to buy the shoe trees one size too small so that they don't stretch the sneakers out.

Enjoy them!

Yes sir, even exchange for a different color. Thanks for your order!

@lifeinabox

Not sure if you did your return already, but this is good advice.

We get a lot of questions on how the trainers break in. Every one of them will give in the length and the width if they need to. That really goes for any proper leather sneaker - and for most leather welted boots and shoes too.

They won't get longer, so you'll want them to feel ok and the length. Your toes shouldn't be brushing against the front when you walk. But the last is a true medium fit, and it can work for anyone from a C to the smaller side of E width.

I take a 9.5 in the Tennis Trainer, and it's generally a very close fit at first. I need to wear them with dress socks for a day or two before they break in. Some guys have also replaced the insole with a slimmer one from the drug store for the break in period. But if they feel close but not constrictive, you'll be fine after they stretch a bit.

If you wear a true E width and you find that most old-school sneakers feel narrow - and most medium dress shoes are too narrow - than the Tennis Trainer is probably not going to work. But the Sport Trainer has worked brilliantly in these cases.

Thank you sir - glad that you're so pleased with it!

It's a rad combo - I dig all of the colors here! I need to look up the Night Stalker.

Yup, that can be done without a problem.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Cool, these will be a better kop in Fall anyway.

I figured since you usually carry down to size 7.5 (which is what I'd need; ie size 8D equivalent) in all your Barrie last orders from Alden that you'd do the same here, but was surprised then when the smallest on offer appeared to be 8.5. Will you have 7.5 in fall or just as far down as 8? If the latter, I might still be out of luck, which is too bad as these would be an "instakop" for me... actually if you want to take my money now to add a 7.5 to your order for fall (if possible), well, you know where to find me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  6. Epaulet

Great! Thanks for picking them up. The waist won't shrink, but a wash will soften it up quite a bit. I'm willing to bet that the fit overall works after you do you that, as it will just mold to your waist better. They can always be taken in at the waist if need be.

Thanks for picking them up Frank - and glad that you like them!

With the sneakerpocalype that's been going on, I didn't really get to give our Canadian welts their proper due, but we're all really jazzed with how they came out. I really love designing footwear, and these are a quality product at a very fair price. Something that I didn't see out there on the market. We're going to do a lot of them for the Fall.

Thank you! Really glad that you dig them! We've sold quite a few today - the sizing is pretty easygoing so they make a nice gift. When in doubt, get the next size up, as every in-store customer who was between two sizes ended up opting for the larger of the two.

And No Frills is entirely right on that. It's amazing how buying something for her suddenly allows you to buy more for yourself. I've employed this strategy many times over the years [​IMG]

Glad that you dig them! We'll have a whole video that shows how the clutch works.

This is rad. Can't wait to see the final product.

Thanks for picking them up and glad that you like them! Our factory did a pretty flawless job with them.

I'm usually pretty good at buying and selling stuff, but the Lanyards tought me a thing or two about what I can't sell. Had to chalk those up onto the list, haha.

Those henleys are a perfect fit on you!

7. Epaulet

Yup, we'll either do these down to a 7.5 or we'll re-tag the Hoyt last so that the current 7.5 is tagged a size 8. Just to keep the numbers consistent with the boots. But we'll have your size in it either way.

1 person likes this.
  8. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Came back from my Toronto weekend trip to the beautiful sight of Epaulet boxes on the porch :) Kopped some henleys (sale ones and the new merlot) and my 8.5 saddle tennis shoes arrived.

What do you guys do in terms of shoe care for these sneakers? Alden Leather Defender?

9. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ I'm doing nothing. I think these will be fine without. Don't intend to destroy/neglect but, so far, cuoro cromo looks better with some wear (includes some rain exposure) than new.

10. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I forget but are trees recommended or no for the sneakers?

I've worn mine about 5 times and they are breaking in nicely

11. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

I will probably do the same, just wipe down/brush off if needed and let them wear :)

A few pages back this was discussed and trees were recommended (but smaller to avoid stretching). I use these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LV4E5QE (pretty much Woodlore Epic copies; but they work/look great & I like the no-name branding)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  12. Epaulet

For my Couro Cromos, I used this:

[​IMG]
    It's great. Dirt cheap and goes on very easily. Apply it with a soft cloth, let it sit for a few minutes, wipe off the excess, brush with a quality horsehair brush. You can get it at a local shoe repair shop or on Amazon. It's nice on all sorts of leather actually. We used this regularly on the Croots bags.

Like Chromexel, Couro Cromo will be susceptible to scratches in its finish. When the trainers are looking banged up from a lot of hard wear, that's when you'll want to deploy a coat of Saphir Renovateur. It will fill in the scratches and restore the overall finish. It works wonders. But that's something that you need down the road.

And shoe trees that are sized one size too small are a great idea. You can also stuff the toebox with a sock or old t-shirt. It will help to retain the toe of the sneaker and prevent too much creasing. This isn't really a concern with calfskin (or the new unfinished horse leather), but serves a real purpose with Couro Cromo, finished Front Quarter Horse, and Shell Cordovan.

1 person likes this.
  13. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

@Epaulet

Mike, my PayPal is ready for natural HH preorder in two days. Can you also remind us when some more sneakers refills are coming in?

14. Epaulet

Thanks man! I'm really excited for this. We're hashing out the details with SF right now - but I'm looking to not only do a big preorder item, but also a rad project alongside it. The natural horse ages so nicely that it's a great candidate for an Instagram contest.

In terms of stock sneakers, I'm waiting on some final delivery dates from our factory, but I'm anticipating the next big delivery in July. That will have the new Running Trainer and the crucial restock of white calf Tennis Trainers.

1 person likes this.
  15. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The shirt I ordered at the SF trunk show just arrived. Perfect shade of pink and it fits like a dream. I'll wash it a few times to confirm fit and then place a reorder. Thanks Mike for your help in ordering at the trunk show and meetup.

16. Irish

Irish Senior member

Any natty horsehide trainer pics besides the teaser from a couple weeks ago? I have a feeling those will be a massive hit here. Nothing SF loves more than a good patina.

17. tricky

tricky Senior member

All EP...new style Rivets too.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  18. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Just saw Mike vouching for this. I wholeheartedly endorse both the product and Mike's description - not only for your CXL products (trainers, Aldens, etc), but also for any Cordovan products you may have. Lexol does a far better job at truly moisturizing, saturating, and nourishing the leather, as opposed to Renovateur which serves better as a quick shine varnish. For anyone w/ dry shoes, this is your product, and you'll see how it can work wonders in restoring depth to the color of your shoes. Be warned, it's easy to over-saturate leather with this stuff - hit it only once every 6 months to a year based on wear.

19. Epaulet

Sure! Got all of the official sample photos now. Preorder goes up on Thursday and there's going to be four shapes to choose from. Feast yo' eyes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ah excellent - glad that you're pleased with it! Great choice of fabric and collar on that one. And thank you so much for your help with the meetup - it was a fantastic time!

Very cool - that fits you perfectly

2 people like this.
  20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

sooooo good. I'm going sport trainer