1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. darnold

darnold Senior member

Everyone already knows this, but Mike and Adele run a top notch operation. They were a pleasure to deal with in my first purchase.

Can't echo this loud enough. I love every piece I have from Epaulet, which is rare and excellent enough - but more than that, they just hit the customer service completely out of the park. Don't hesitate to hand these fine folks your business.

2. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

could i ask if the walt trousers are constantly stocked? or do new ones (materials) come out every season, making the ones offered this season obsolete..
    thanks guys
    feel free to[​IMG] [​IMG]

The walts usually come out in small batches of dead-stock fabric. When they're gone, they're gone. Mike does a great job getting new styles in pretty regularly but if you really like a pair I would move because they often fly off the shelves.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

could i ask if the walt trousers are constantly stocked? or do new ones (materials) come out every season, making the ones offered this season obsolete..
    thanks guys

If you see a trouser you like, better grab it, because trouser restocks don't happen very often.

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

alright, thanks guys!

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

So what'cha gettin'?

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

thanks guys

We have a few basics that we'll run (Super 120s, Gabardine, Moleskins, Charcoal Flannels) and I generally release a batch of deadstock or otherwise limited fabrics every two months or so.

One note for this coming fall is that fabric inventories are pretty clean. Most of the goods that I've been able to buy are early recession casualties. They came from European mills that produced too much, or American manufacturers who couldn't afford to make them into clothing. This Fall, our assortment is probably going to be more limited, as I literally tried to make up everything in sight last Fall. So even if we're moving out of the season, if you like something like the Burnt Umber tweed or Taupe Flannel, you should consider picking it up - the fabrics are insanely nice, and it will probably be difficult to get anything like that for around this price again.

Can't echo this loud enough. I love every piece I have from Epaulet, which is rare and excellent enough - but more than that, they just hit the customer service completely out of the park. Don't hesitate to hand these fine folks your business.

Awww [​IMG]

7. drbaw

drbaw Well-Known Member

if you like something like the Burnt Umber tweed or Taupe Flannel, you should consider picking it up

If you insist...

I'd been eying those flannels for awhile. . .

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

I've got the Burnt Umber Tweeds.

They're Awesome.

That is all.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

sorry for the blurry iphone pic ... the pup wouldnt sit still cuz of all the pigeons and kept pulling me haha. rocking epaulet's fedora, great hat for the spring/summer season

10. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Haha, steez overload with that pairing! Don't even want to think about our incoming sand suede Yuketens with that!

Would love some more deets on these bad boys.

Thank you sir!

And I couldn't resist - we took some quick iphone shots of the Millerain piece. It's really incredible - especially for the money. I don't have the final pricing yet, but it's around $400. We got the US exclusive for it. The details are insane.

[​IMG]
    See full size

[​IMG]
    See full size

[​IMG]
    See full size

[​IMG]
    See full size

Holy shit this is dope. What's the weight like?

11. dra

dra Senior member

Guys - about to pull the trigger on some of the rivet chinos. Would you recommend I get the same size as my Walt trousers?

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Guys - about to pull the trigger on some of the rivet chinos. Would you recommend I get the same size as my Walt trousers?

Yup.

13. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

That orange GANT parka is super dope, and I want to pull the trigger, but the measurements kind of scare me. 22" p2p for the small? Since it's not a winterweight jacket, there's no way that there's a thick lining.

It looks really good on the model, but I'm about 5" shorter than him, and just don't know how the parka will fit. [​IMG]

14. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

That orange GANT parka is super dope, and I want to pull the trigger, but the measurements kind of scare me. 22" p2p for the small? Since it's not a winterweight jacket, there's no way that there's a thick lining.

It looks really good on the model, but I'm about 5" shorter than him, and just don't know how the parka will fit. [​IMG]

Mike told me that he recommended sizing down one from your Epaulet shirt size.

15. Epaulet

sorry for the blurry iphone pic ... the pup wouldnt sit still cuz of all the pigeons and kept pulling me haha. rocking epaulet's fedora, great hat for the spring/summer season

Nice, thanks for posting up the pics!

Would love some more deets on these bad boys.

We're doing a special makeup of 24 pcs with Yuketen this season. It's the 4-eyelet ranger moc with a crepe sole done up in all sand suede. Oh man, it's going to be so nice. Should be here in about 2 weeks.

Holy shit this is dope. What's the weight like?

Without going overboard, I have to say that this jacket is incredible. When it comes to waxed outerwear, I always consider how it stacks up against a Barbour jacket. Is the liner good? Does it feel solid? Can you wear it for years and actually wear in in the rain? Is it something that will age nicely?

When I saw this at Capsule SP 2011, I was wowed by it. The details are all on point, the fit is perfect, and crucially - this jacket has a solid weight and heft. If I had to guess, the waxed is about 8 or 10oz. This sounds light, but it's not - it's the same weight as the usual Barbour jacket (and the same British Millerain fabric). It's a bit lighter than the Triton jacket, for any guys who own that already.

16. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Nice, thanks for posting up the pics!

We're doing a special makeup of 24 pcs with Yuketen this season. It's the 4-eyelet ranger moc with a crepe sole done up in all sand suede. Oh man, it's going to be so nice. Should be here in about 2 weeks.

Without going overboard, I have to say that this jacket is incredible. When it comes to waxed outerwear, I always consider how it stacks up against a Barbour jacket. Is the liner good? Does it feel solid? Can you wear it for years and actually wear in in the rain? Is it something that will age nicely?

When I saw this at Capsule SP 2011, I was wowed by it. The details are all on point, the fit is perfect, and crucially - this jacket has a solid weight and heft. If I had to guess, the waxed is about 8 or 10oz. This sounds light, but it's not - it's the same weight as the usual Barbour jacket (and the same British Millerain fabric). It's a bit lighter than the Triton jacket, for any guys who own that already.

Stoked about the Yuks, and the millerain is dope...may have to pick it up, but I need something more lightweight right now. Priorities!

17. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

Mike told me that he recommended sizing down one from your Epaulet shirt size.
    Damn. [​IMG] I'm a S in Epaulet, so I guess this won't work for me. If only there was an XS...

18. Epaulet

Yup, the p2p is big on this thing, but it actually makes sense with the overall fit. Gant Rugger wanted to repro a classic 70's fit and silhouette, so it's not super-tailored around the body - especially in the chest. Kind of like a Harrington. But if you size down one from Epaulet or get the equivalent J.Crew size, I think that you'll dig the shape when you put it on.

19. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

I wear a medium in Rugger oxfords. Is this equivalent to a Epaulet M meaning I could get away with a small Gant parka? or is it just going to be too big?

20. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

EP's in action at Robert Moses this morning...

[​IMG]