• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
So I'm wondering if there's any update on this "little" project; I'm guessing this was pushed back a bit due to how busy it sounds like you guys have been. Will all the jackets be this 3-button model? I like the UK influence I'm seeing with this model at least.

And I know you were kicking around a couple different fabric ideas. Ever settle on what they're gonna be?

Also, I think, IIRC, you said these would match up to the shirts. But I have to ask if the sizing will go down far enough for there to be a match to your XS shirts.

Yeah I know... a lotta questions.

Yup, working on the Sportcoat right now - I'm breaking everyone's balls to get it in ASAP. It will come in Cadet Grey (working back to the existing Walt/Rudy trousers) and a gorgeous Grey Donnegal Tweed.

You're gonna kill me though - they will be consistent with the shirts, but I didn't make your size for this run. I've been working on these for 10 months and I'm pretty confident that they're going to be right on. However, you're never 100% sure until the production arrives, so I played it safe and only did 36-42 for this first run. XS would be a 34 and XXL would be a 44. Provided everything is right on, we'll absolutely put another run into work with a quickness and do the whole size range. I'm predicting that suit separates will be a huge business for us in 2011 and beyond, so I'm taking my time to do it right.

Originally Posted by benjamin831
Would you guys be having an online sale this coming holiday season?

Yes, we'll definitely have some 3rd party stuff on sale. And look out for a 50% clearance on all the Seavees that I have.

Originally Posted by BeingBot
Hi I have a couple questions.
I ordered the black watch corduroy shirt in a size medium. I am usually a size small in almost all brands but I was informed to go a size up. Was this a correct assumption?
Also If I am a size 9 in every shoe I wear will an 8.5d be a good shoe size for the alden indy 403?
Also I am visiting New York during NYE and will be in town from the 30 - 3rd. Are you gonna be open on the 30th and Jan 2nd?

Thanks.

Medium sounds good if you typically wear a Small in mainstream brands - especially J.Crew.

And yes, nearly every customer sizes down a half for the Indy Boot. But please note that's a half size down from most dress shoes, Clarks Originals, or slimmer sneakers like Chucks. You typically take a whole size down from brands like Nike and Adidas.

And that's a good time to hit NYC! We should definitely be open on the 30th in both locations. Pretty sure that we'll be closed on the 2nd.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, is there a pattern on the tweed jacket?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Mike, is there a pattern on the tweed jacket?

No, it actually looks very similar to a Gant Michael Bastian piece that we carried earlier in the year. Check out the enlarged shot:

4976622951_6796d84428.jpg

View full size

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
No, it actually looks very similar to a Gant Michael Bastian piece that we carried earlier in the year. Check out the enlarged shot:

Oh god...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Sick
inlove.gif

I love the purple-striped lining.

Ah thanks!

But this is a shot of the Gant by MB piece, not ours. We're just using a very similar - and possibly the exact same - charcoal Donnegal Tweed. I've got a dope tonal paisley lining.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
The staple rivet chinos look awesome. It's a shame that the cuff reinforcement is there, but the inseams are one length. I also think that extra pocket detail is kinda cool.

Any ETA on the suit tops and approximate prices? It looks pretty good so far.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
You're gonna kill me though - they will be consistent with the shirts, but I didn't make your size for this run.

Haha, as impatient as I may be, it's actually a little bit of a relief -- it'll give my checkbook some time to recover after all the great fall shirts. I sort of figured you might not do the "outlier" sizes in the initial run anyway. At least if all goes well, I can pick one up in the second run. I'll be excited to see how these all turn out nevertheless.

I'm predicting that suit separates will be a huge business for us in 2011 and beyond, so I'm taking my time to do it right.

Sounds like a pretty fair prediction!

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding those holiday sales, are you only having it on third party stuff? I really want to try a pair of your guys' pants, but just can't afford the ticket price right now (though they're clearly worth it). Any sales on those this holiday season?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Regarding those holiday sales, are you only having it on third party stuff? I really want to try a pair of your guys' pants, but just can't afford the ticket price right now (though they're clearly worth it). Any sales on those this holiday season?

Mike's mentioned before that he doesn't discount his house products. Rightfully so, too--they're a great deal considering the materials and fit.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cold[1].gif

Completely understandable.

Originally Posted by breakz
Mike's mentioned before that he doesn't discount his house products. Rightfully so, too--they're a great deal considering the materials and fit.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Ah thanks!

But this is a shot of the Gant by MB piece, not ours. We're just using a very similar - and possibly the exact same - charcoal Donnegal Tweed. I've got a dope tonal paisley lining.

Oops, but tonal paisley lining sounds more dandyish.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
The staple rivet chinos look awesome. It's a shame that the cuff reinforcement is there, but the inseams are one length. I also think that extra pocket detail is kinda cool.

Any ETA on the suit tops and approximate prices? It looks pretty good so far.

Are these online? I don't see them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads