Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slappy

slappy Senior member

Just started wearing some pants I bought from Epaulet probably 6-8 months ago. These pants were 'goal oriented' pants in that I was clearly too fat at the time to wear them. Ive lost probably 15 pounds since then and located them in my closet. They are the streaky linen pants, which when I bought them I worried would be too euro-trashy, but honestly I really love them now. Of course this means that my chino's are now baggy on me, but I still love them. I got the OD chinos and they look fantastic now, they aged extremely nicely. I have a few other pairs of Epaulet pants that range in size from 'goal oriented' to the size I was back then. Also I can finally wear the Panta pants I bought ha. Ive been debating for a while whether to buy the Heirloom Cardigan: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ardigan/Detail I am in love with that cardigan, but eh being in school again and not working like I was a few months ago is putting a damper on that decision.

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Just started wearing some pants I bought from Epaulet probably 6-8 months ago. These pants were 'goal oriented' pants in that I was clearly too fat at the time to wear them. Ive lost probably 15 pounds since then and located them in my closet. They are the streaky linen pants, which when I bought them I worried would be too euro-trashy, but honestly I really love them now. Of course this means that my chino's are now baggy on me, but I still love them. I got the OD chinos and they look fantastic now, they aged extremely nicely. I have a few other pairs of Epaulet pants that range in size from 'goal oriented' to the size I was back then. Also I can finally wear the Panta pants I bought ha. Ive been debating for a while whether to buy the Heirloom Cardigan: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ardigan/Detail I am in love with that cardigan, but eh being in school again and not working like I was a few months ago is putting a damper on that decision.
    That'd be the indigo dyed. Gorgeous trousers I regrettably do not own. Which Pantas do you own? I've been eying the birdseye. Oh, and that cardigan looks sumptuous. I'm looking at the charcoal for myself. You can wait on the cardi, but they'll be gone before Christmastime, so you'll need to decide quickly.

3. slappy

slappy Senior member

I have the air force blue Pantas. With all due respect to Epaulet, the Pantas are probably the nicest pair of pants I own in terms of construction and fit combined. I dont mean that as a dig on Epaulet, Ed has no overheard in terms of website, sales team, a physical store etc... So he can afford to have $200 pants that are better made and have better material than pants going for double or triple.

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I have the air force blue Pantas. With all due respect to Epaulet, the Pantas are probably the nicest pair of pants I own in terms of construction and fit combined. I dont mean that as a dig on Epaulet, Ed has no overheard in terms of website, sales team, a physical store etc... So he can afford to have $200 pants that are better made and have better material than pants going for double or triple.
    They both make great stuff!

5. lpounds

lpounds Active Member

Just received my Rivet Chinos from Epaulet! These pants are like nothing I've ever worn. The fit is exactly what I was hoping for as well.

Here are some fit pics. The guy in the green is my roommate who is about and inch taller and 15 pounds lighter than I. Same pants (33) on both of us.
    Great job on these, Mike!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

great stuff. they look better on you than him, btw.

7. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Hello Michael and Adele,

Love my Ep. rivet chinos, and now after wearing them a half-dozen times and a gentle cold wash, it's time to alter them slightly (take in waist about half-inch, shorten stock inseam with chainstiching).

Is there a tailor in Manhattan (pref. not downtown) you recommend? But will go downtown if need be...

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to visiting new store!

Peter

8. lpounds

lpounds Active Member

great stuff. they look better on you than him, btw.

Thanks! Yeah, I think he would do better with a 32 or 31

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

Thanks! Yeah, I think he would do better with a 32 or 31

whats your height/weight/normal pant size?

10. lpounds

lpounds Active Member

whats your height/weight/normal pant size?
    I am 6'1, 170, and generally 33 waist.

I probably could have fit into a 32 but I wanted a slightly more relaxed fit so I opted for the 33s.

11. sofaking30

sofaking30 Well-Known Member

I am 6'1, 170, and generally 33 waist.

I probably could have fit into a 32 but I wanted a slightly more relaxed fit so I opted for the 33s.

How much does your friend weigh? I'm his height (after doing some math).

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

The colors on the Black Tartan Flannel are a little different in person than in the photos. In the photos, the main "color" other than black appears more or less red -- in person, it's really more of a fuschia. Even this shot doesn't show it perfectly, but this should give you guys an idea.

for some reason this color doesn't want to photograph the way it looks IRL:

[​IMG]

13. lpounds

lpounds Active Member

How much does your friend weigh? I'm his height (after doing some math).
    He is actually 6'1.5 and weighs 155. Usually wears a 31. Levi

14. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Damn, after that picture I am totally reconsidering that Black Tartan Flannel on payday. [​IMG]

Thanks for posting it Stanley.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Just received my Rivet Chinos from Epaulet! These pants are like nothing I've ever worn. The fit is exactly what I was hoping for as well.

Here are some fit pics. The guy in the green is my roommate who is about and inch taller and 15 pounds lighter than I. Same pants (33) on both of us.
    Great job on these, Mike!

Awesome - thanks so much for posting the pics!

Hello Michael and Adele,

Love my Ep. rivet chinos, and now after wearing them a half-dozen times and a gentle cold wash, it's time to alter them slightly (take in waist about half-inch, shorten stock inseam with chainstiching).

Is there a tailor in Manhattan (pref. not downtown) you recommend? But will go downtown if need be...

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to visiting new store!

Peter

Thanks Peter - really glad that you like them!

If you want to get the hem chainstitched, the only spots that I know are Self Edge (LES) and Blue in Greene (SoHo). But you can certainly get a normal hem done at any local tailor or dry cleaner. They come with a standard hem, so getting them chainstitched would just be a style choice.

In terms of the waist, you can probably get that taken in by any decent tailor in your neighborhood. It's a cotton trouser, so it's an easy alteration to do. Personally, I get all my work done at Stanton Tailor (Stanton btw Orchard and Ludlow), but most places should be able to do a good job with that.

The colors on the Black Tartan Flannel are a little different in person than in the photos. In the photos, the main "color" other than black appears more or less red -- in person, it's really more of a fuschia. Even this shot doesn't show it perfectly, but this should give you guys an idea.

Thanks man - it looks great on you (as always)