1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Is it just me or does the cotton tape that runs along the outseam of the riveted chinos shrink after washing causing upward ripples along the seam?

2. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

how do black smiths look with some wear? colorfast, or faded?

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Is it just me or does the cotton tape that runs along the outseam of the riveted chinos shrink after washing causing upward ripples along the seam?

Think so...also think this is part of what contributes to the wrinkling...

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Mike, Any chance of seeing something similar to those donnegal Walts you had in october/november? I didn't move fast enough and they are still my biggest sartorial regret.
    I wish we could - the tweed pants that I have up now are the last ones of the season. I actually made up all the tweed that I could find. I have one more style to put online though - it's a "Pewter" Donegal tweed that we have in-store, but I neglected to shoot in the last studio session. I should have sizes 30-36 available, feel free to PM me if you're interested.
    Just placed a big order yesterday and had a nice phone chat with Mike. I'll be adding this to my closet: - Alden whiskey shell cordovan longwings (if they're too big, I'll exchange them for burgundy) - Thorogood No. 685 boots - Gitman Ashland tartan shirt - Glen plaid flannel trousers - Chocolate flannel trousers - Gunmetal gray rivet chinos This brings my Epaulet inventory up to 11 shirts, 8 trousers, 4 chinos, 3 shoes, 3 ties, 1 denim, and 1 scarf. YAY! Good luck on your trip today, Mike. - Keith
    Thank you sir! That's a pretty killer selection there! Keep it up and you'll be rivaling Weird Al's selection of Vans someday! [​IMG]
    Just got my OD Rivet chinos in and am very impressed, the fabric is wonderful and has the nice casual feel I was hoping for. Color is great as well. Haven't had a chance to try them on yet but if they fit as good as I suspect they will I will definitely be pickup up some more of these Rivet chinos in the future. I'm just starting my Epaulet collection (3 shirts and these pants so far) but I look forward to getting more. Thanks for a great deal on some killer pants Mike!
    Thank you sir - glad that you're pleased with it!
    Any contrast collar shirts on the horizon?
    Hmm, not for the moment, but we've got some interesting point-collar oxfords and a hysterical mash-up shirt coming in about 3 weeks or so.
    New rule: from now on, I'm exclusively buying Epaulet shirts. Got my first shipment in from Epaulet today. Seriously, these shirts are perfect. I am just under 6'0 145lbs - and smalls fit me pretty well. Except my problem is ALWAYS in the arms. Most shirts (Gitman, J. Crew) hit me about a half inch to an inch above my wrist. No problem if I want to roll up the sleeves, but damn it, I want long sleeve shirts that fit. And so, Epaulet to the rescue: Fit is impeccable, colors are perfect, fabric is soft, construction is amazing. These are literally the perfect shirts. And they come in a super nice gift box with hand-written notes. That's customer service. Mike & Adele know what's up. I also copped a Gitman Vintage final sale shirt from Epaulet. I thought I was going to be let down after trying on my Epaulet shirt, but the Gitman fits me well too! The cut is almost identical to my Epaulet shirt, and fits differently than my Gitman Vintage from Context. What's up with that? Anyway, Epaulet is teh shit.
    Thank you sir, really glad that you're pleased with everything! The shirt's a perfect fit on you.
    Any chance for some green button ups (OCBD perhaps?) for those of us who like to show a little class on St. Patty's... before losing said class by drinking too much, puking, blacking out, and hooking up with unsavory women (not necessarily in this order) [​IMG] ?
    Oooh, not from us, but I've got some Gant Rugger shirts coming in within the next couple of days - we might have something in there. But, I can attest that even our non-green Epaulet shirts are still very puke/black out/unsavory hook-up friendly. Well, at least the puking part. I'm married after all. I have to vicariously live through the black out's and hook ups of others.
    I got these for my birthday around the beginning of December. I have worn them 3-4 times a week since. I really love them and the character they are starting to show. Big props for making such a great product. [​IMG]
    Awesome, glad that you like them and thanks for posting up pics!
    part 2 of restock question: basic fabric grey trousers?
    Yes, we've actually got them right now - medium grey and light grey Super 120's dress trousers. Do you need Rudy or Walt fit?
    Thanks for the feedback on the lawn fabric. I love the ginghams but not sure I'll like that light of a fabric...I may give it a try though along with one of the flap pocket button downs that I know I want.
    Definitely consider it. I was shocked at how many lawn shirts that we sold - even throughout the winter time. It's a great layering pieces, and the Japanese fabric is really tough for its light weight.
    Just exchanged a pair of Smiths for gunmetal gray chinos, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Mike and Adele!
    Thank you!
    the Stewart plaid trousers in particular would look killer in a more casual setting.
    Truth. Really, the Black Stewart trousers are about the most awesome thing on Earth. My staff will attest that I personally wear them three or four times a week. They can be hardcore trad with a navy blazer or easily worn casually with chucks and an untucked shirt. Embrace the plaid! And they're Dicky Barrett approved... [​IMG]
    and another suggestion from mike, using a clothes steamer. i haven't yet pulled the trigger on getting one, but i probably should. i guess is the best way to take care of clothes and get rid of wrinkles.
    Truth again. Seriously, a $50 clothes steamer is a great investment. I use on nearly every day. All of our trousers come with deep-set creases from being folded and shipped. The steamer easily knocks those out before we hand them in the store. It's really easy, and no ironing board is needed.
    Speaking of steez, thoughts on the digicamo chinos? I have seen some pics of Mark McNairy wearing a similar pair and they look pretty sweet...I feel like it would be a difficult look to pull of though.
    This gentleman was kind enough to model the digicams in all sorts of ways. Check it out for fit ideas: http://www.eyefivestyle.com/2010/10/...-chino-in.html

5. APK

APK Senior member

God damn it, I was scrolling through this page and at a glance, thought the colorful Weird Al picture was some teaser product pic of a future Epaulet release.

Mike, if we're talking about crazy pants and blazers, I'm going to just put it out there. I want you to make a blazer similar to the one seen in this video:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

7. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Will you stock any tropical weight grey or light grey trousers?

8. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

White and Blue oxfords should be here in about four weeks. I tweaked the details a bit on them to set them apart from the pack.

I'm really psyched to hear that since I'm in the market for white and blue oxfords. Can you elaborate a little on what you tweaked?

9. racknac

racknac Senior member

got the olive chinos with the recommendation to size down 1 from the normal chino size... it fits, but definitely a lot tighter than my normal chino fit.

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

got the olive chinos with the recommendation to size down 1 from the normal chino size... it fits, but definitely a lot tighter than my normal chino fit.

How snug is your normal chino fit?

11. racknac

racknac Senior member

Without shirt tucked in they are fine, but start to get snug when I tuck a shirt in. Olive chinos ate are almost painted to my ass... and I'm Asian so that is quite a feat.

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Without shirt tucked in they are fine, but start to get snug when I tuck a shirt in. Olive chinos ate are almost painted to my ass... and I'm Asian so that is quite a feat.
    I hear ya. The ODs in 31 are a perfect fit for me, and the others in 32 are just a bit loose, so I think the ODs are more like a half-size smaller than the other chinos. I think the other chinos in 31 would be too snug on me.

13. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Mine has, a tiny bit. (i wash in cold, gentle, then hang dry). Ironing will fix that -- just turn the leg inside out and stretch the taping with your hand as you go down.

IMO the tape is a nice signature feature...but i wouldn't mind it if it were self-coloried. The white stands out a bit too much with certain fits...

14. Epaulet

Will you stock any tropical weight grey or light grey trousers?

Absolutely, we'll have a full delivery of Super 120's dress trousers in the next six weeks or so. It's very close to the tropical, so I'm not sure if we'll run that too - but there's definitely two grey tones in there.

Haha, finally I've made an Asian-friendly booty pant!

But don't worry, if you can wear them comfortably enough now, then they'll definitely break in with wear. The fabric is 100% cotton, so you can expect them to give at least a half inch around the waist.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Hey Mike. Any plans on bringing out your Thorogood No. 685 collaboration boot or something similar in all black? I love the look and price of them but I just can't justify buying them in brown. I already have 2 brown boots, brown boat shoes, and brown loafers. I need something in black.

16. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Hey Mike. Any plans on bringing out your Thorogood No. 685 collaboration boot or something similar in all black? I love the look and price of them but I just can't justify buying them in brown. I already have 2 brown boots, brown boat shoes, and brown loafers. I need something in black.

Black & Tan Indy [​IMG]

17. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Black & Tan Indy [​IMG]
    These are nice, but the stitching on the top isn't the same.

18. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks but I prefer all black. Not really a fan of the different colored sole, plus I'm on a budget.

19. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Hey Mike,

I think, several months ago, you talked on here about doing a skinny cut pant...I believe the term you used was cigarette. Any update on those plans?

Thanks

20. Epaulet

Absolutely, we're working on that exact item for Fall. Bad f-ing ass black horsehide! Should come in around early September

Hey Mike,

I think, several months ago, you talked on here about doing a skinny cut pant...I believe the term you used was cigarette. Any update on those plans?

Thanks

Yup, still working on it - we'll see if we can bring those out for Spring, but I'm still planning it for this year.