• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kaihara denim noragi
Epaulet belt too

Todd V

Reaction score
@leftofthedial

Matt - do you have any tips for hemming your pants with no break. Do have have different lengths depending on how you will wear them such as a suit vs sockless summer trousers?

I am maybe a tad shorter than you and I love the look but don't want to look like a schoolboy lol!

Thanks for any tips.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the OD denim jackets still a go or were they scrapped?

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@leftofthedial

Matt - do you have any tips for hemming your pants with no break. Do have have different lengths depending on how you will wear them such as a suit vs sockless summer trousers?

I am maybe a tad shorter than you and I love the look but don't want to look like a schoolboy lol!

Thanks for any tips.

I'm 5'9 with about a 28" inseam (I don't think I've ever measured). I hem everything to 27.5" (and 2" cuffs on any trouser). I tried 29, 28, 27 and finally settled here.

For a shorter-statured dude, a slight crop creates a slightly longer overall appearance. Especially when coupled with something like the Walt, which has a higher rise. I don't necessarily advocate extremely cropped trousers (some dudes look REALLY gnarly wearing Thom Browne and the like, I'm not one of them), but learning how to dress for your body type/proportions is an important part of looking good.

I would play around with some things (maybe jeans or chinos, or a casual/broken in trouser) and figure out what works best for you!

BrandonJG

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on MTO options in the G&L twill, Mike. When will the options be up?

45bur

Reaction score
@leftofthedial Carmina boots like great. What's the sizing like?

neutrino

Reaction score
Saw a bunch of Liberty of London cloth up on Massdrop recently. I kinda miss EPxLofL days.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike,

Do your fit shots mean that the round 1 FF Rivets have all been received and should go out soon?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet - will you be updating the MTO section with pictures of the made up fabrics as the first round of orders come in (so we can see them made up)? Would be really helpful

James shot some photos earlier in the week of a few pairs, we've been receiving a lot, so we'll surely post up some of the results. As far as putting them on the site, I'm not exactly sure we would be able to make this happen.

Any photos of the EPLA SC makeup?

I believe we're slated to see the final sample soon, so Mike will surely post up some photos! I personally can't wait for this.

Kaihara denim noragi
Epaulet belt too

This look absolutely SLAYS! What kind of Chelsea boots?!

@leftofthedial Carmina boots like great. What's the sizing like?

Thanks, man! These have been my most worn boots since we got released them! Sizing is true to size (UK8 = US9). Most guys take a 1/2 size down from Barrie (so if you're a US8.5 Barrie, a UK8 Forest). Works for the vast majority of our customers.

denim kaihara looks great

It's such a breeze to wear. Hella comfortable.

Mike,

Do your fit shots mean that the round 1 FF Rivets have all been received and should go out soon?

We've gotten in the vast majority. A few stragglers here and there, but they'll all be shipping out over the next week or so!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

frown.gif

biggrin.gif

If I may suggest: crosshatch, crosshatch, crosshatch. Ok, seriously - what about something in a light/medium tan? Just an idea...

A little birdie told me that some incredible things will be in there for the next round...
thumbs-up.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads