1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

would love these in shorts....

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ah yes, I ran this by them - but it's unfortunately not something that we can swing for this project.

That said... there will ABSOLUTELY be Epaulet Rivet shorts this Spring. I know that I missed the boat last year, but that shan't happen again.

OK, all of the Ends are fully and truly up! I handled all of these fabrics personally yesterday, so please don't hesitate to ask any questions about them.

2 people like this.
  3. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

+1 I was just about to ask this!!! I would kill for that patchwork in shorts and same goes for the seersucker.

4. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

awesome. looking forward to the shorts.

what is the Pale Blue Cotton Oxford material like? lightweight see through or kinda beefy?

5. Epaulet

It's lighter weight, but won't be see through. It's heavier than a shirt and designed to be used in a pant. We ran oxford chinos way back when.

1 person likes this.
  6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

So is that Ivy League oxford the same material as the ones you guys ran a few years ago?

7. Epaulet

Pretty similar - the hand on this feels better, so it was probably a more expensive yarn. Most of these more formal cottons are Italian. But if's very close.

8. FatCatPhil

FatCatPhil Senior member

Damnit I guess there were no stocks left of that beautiful brown donegal twill tweed with gold speckles then.
    http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1479738/

Had I known I would have snatched these golden graham!

9. Epaulet

If I was to pick the top five fabrics to pick up, they would be:

1) Legendary Grey Donegal: You absolutely can't go wrong with this. Great look, great hand. a very nice and wearable weight.

2) Charcoal Barberis Flannel: This is a very basic fabric that you'll find yourself wearing day in and day out in the colder months. And as our Trouser Ends guys will attest, these Barberis premium flannels have a really exceptional feel to them. It's an absolutely killer deal at this price.

3) Fields of Gold Cotton-Silk: Do this with no taping and a zip fly and you'll have a perfect dressy gentleman's trouser in the Rivet Cut. It's a really cool and luxurious cloth, and this color can be matched to anything that would work for a khaki pant

4) Grape Crinkle Distressed Cotton Twill: I'm a sucker for purple things, but this color is very subtle and washed out. These would be perfect with a white shirt, rolled up hem, and sneakers. The fabric dye effect is really rad.

5) West Egg Madras: our very own Wisith (wj4) wears Madras pants like a boss, and it's hard to him to live much further away from Martha's Vineyard. They're eye-catching and bold, and a really rock n' roll underpinning to a navy jacket in warmer weather. Love it with a polo too. Although it's pretty typical for shorts, it's hard to find a slim pant in this fabric, and this particular oxford cloth is really nice.

10. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

@Epaulet - Can you comment on the weight of those distressed cotton twills?

11. Epaulet

I'd guess that they were around 10oz to start. They're pretty close to our duck canvas fabrics in weight - maybe a little lighter, but not much. Crazy soft with all that wash effect on it.

12. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on this exact makeup - when's delivery expected on these again?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  13. Epaulet

Thanks! You're going to love them.

We have to quote 6-8 weeks, but I'm pretty confident that these will be ready in about a month. They're ready to start allocating the fabric this weekend and cutting on Monday.

And just building on what I wrote yesterday - everyone at the factory is THRILLED with how much of a success this was. We've sold about 200 chinos, which will more than fill in their recent gaps in production and keep people working. They're extremely grateful - as are we - and they're going to ensure that these are all made up beautifully.

4 people like this.
  14. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

kopped the gray donegal. With the greenish-gray flannel herringbone Walts from last week, I think I'll be set for winter trousers for a while now! (where winter almost means "July" in San Francisco).

15. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

^ That makes me really happy....

Mike, will you be putting out more warmer wearing cotton or cotton/linen fabrics? I mean warm appropriate! That grey crinkle I just missed.

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

order placed :)

17. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

That's awesome mike! Its great to buy a quality product, even better to help make a small difference.

18. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

[quote name="metranger8694"

Mike, will you be putting out more warmer wearing cotton or cotton/linen fabrics? I mean warm appropriate!

That grey crinkle I just missed.
    [/quote]
    Just picked one up after all. Cool.

19. StopRupp

StopRupp Active Member

What about fabric changes? Does that have to be a new sale transaction or can one do that through email as well?

20. Epaulet

We unfortunately can't do fabric changes - just detail changes on the fabrics that you already purchased.