1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

[​IMG] You will definitely enjoy it, and its a nice upgrade from your previous bag. I believe its bridle leather, so it should develop a nice patina, take a beating, and age well.

2. ReversoLover

ReversoLover Senior member

@rydenfan

Would the proposed boots have brass speed hooks or are we talking sans speed hooks? I'm assuming no, but just wanted to double check

EDIT: still don't know how to use SF properly...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I had proposed all brass eyelets but am open to what the group rallies around. My preference in general is speedhooks but I do believe this would look best with all eyelets

4. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

All brass eyelets please.
    @Epaulet , you are a closer!!

5. ReversoLover

I would vote speedhooks so it would look like the Leffot version, but if we went all eyelets it wouldn't be a total deal breaker. Anyone have an idea how long this would take? I'm assuming like 4-6 months right?

6. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

I don't mind hooks or all eyelets so long as they're brass... And I can actually get in on the order lol

7. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

the black shells are perfect in this configuration. I would push for this with all eyelets, but I guess I am in the minority.

8. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

X-Post from WAYWRN. Lots of Epaulet today; Sammy multi-fleck navy up top and the first wearing for the cream-of-wheat Walts on the bottom.

These cream-of-wheat flannels are awesome. Best qualities of winter whites, but with more visual interest. If they come back up in this week's "ends for friends," don't sleep on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

We are saying all eyelets, brass ones. I think the clear consensus was to go with the original makeup I proposed. There is already huge interest so changing too much at this point feels like complicating the matter for no reason. Here were the original specs:

EP shitkicker

Plain toe boot
    Black shell
    Barrie Last
    Brass eyelets
    Antique edge trim
    Reverse/storm welt
    Commando sole

A small change like flat vs storm welt (even though I would advocate for storm) I think would be good discussion. But changing lasts, captoes, etc creates a whole different model and look

1 person likes this.
  10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

The only change I would want would be black edge trim, but that's definitely not a dealbreaker for me. I can easily make that change on my own if needed.

12. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Understood.

From almost every PM I have gotten I think the black shell and antique edge trim is probably the most appealing part of this makeup. It's a combo rarely seen and adds a great casualness to this makeup. But I certainly understand the black shell on black trim desire

14. ReversoLover

I'm a complete shell newbie, but is black shell "worth" the 700+ price tag since you don't get any sort of fun/interesting patina like in the no.8? As in, does it have some great shine/fades to grey/etc

15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

There's already enough interest in the boot as you have proposed so no need to change anything. I just really like the LS Pitt boots shown in the pic. But if Alden allows this one to go through, then there's hope for a future model in that configuration.

16. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I'm in for all eyelets as well.

17. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

All eyes for Ryden x Epaulet x Alden makeup.

Go Pats! :happy:

18. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

I'm in for this exact make up (with maybe flat welt). The contrast in lighter color welt with black shell is the main draw, and all eyelets (brass or not) being the second.

-D

19. tricky

tricky Senior member

Hahaha brilliant

20. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Has anyone who regularly wears the Walts and ordered the Driggs found them to be too slim? I have a pair of grey hopsack Walts and am in love with the material. Now I want the navy and thinking of trying the Driggs.