1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Oh hey, while we're talking about upcoming Spring stuff, what about ties?

2. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Does Epaulet sending shipping confirmations? I placed an order on the 13th and received an order confirmation but have yet to receive a shipping confirmation...

3. ltb

ltb Senior member

^ no, but you can see that it shipped by logging into their website and checking your order history.

4. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

^ no, but you can see that it shipped by logging into their website and checking your order history.

Duh - should have checked that first. Sorry for the stupidness. It did indeed ship. Thanks!

5. John152

John152 Well-Known Member

So there's probably no chance of seeing the guncheck trousers in the Rudy cut, huh?

6. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Hi Guys. I just picked up a pair of the Kurabo Smiths in the same size that I got the Cone Mills Smiths. They are falling off of me big. Did anyone else experience this?

7. humeee

humeee Member

Hi Guys. I just picked up a pair of the Kurabo Smiths in the same size that I got the Cone Mills Smiths. They are falling off of me big. Did anyone else experience this?

A similar thing happened to me. I have the cone mill smiths in 34 and the kurabo in 32. My 32 kurabo is the same size in the waist as the cone mills. Additionally the hem of my 32 kurabo is 8.25in. Fortunately I like the jeans (I just cinch them up with a belt), so I kept them and have been wearing them like crazy.

Mike is awesome and I like Epaulet's price point and materials, but I've laid off buying stuff from them because of sizing inconsistencies like this (I've had a similar experience with their shirts twice now). However, I'll likely end up being tempted into buying a bunch of stuff in the spring when the new shirts roll out.

8. ltb

ltb Senior member

those brown gunchecks really do look good with color 8, but I'm not sure I can pull off the grandpa steez there. maybe if I see some more fit pics of it, but I'm sure by that point they'll be gone in my size...

why you gotta tempt me so much here Mike?

9. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

are you still going to be making new runs of the Rudy trousers? or are they on their way out?

10. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

are you still going to be making new runs of the Rudy trousers? or are they on their way out?

+1 on this question. I'm looking at the measurements and think that the thigh are a little too slim for me in the Slim Walts.

Also, just ordered my first pair of EP's per the post earlier that suggests they're more like Levis 514s than 511s, can't wait to get them and hope the thigh works! Stupid storm, hope it doesn't screw up shipping on the East Coast...

11. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

The Walts thighs were too narrow for me in my normal size, but I was able to size up because they've got a split waistband. So you can size up and get the waist taken in to get a more comfortable fit in Walts.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Mike also pointed out at some point that there's extra material in the thighs, so those can be let out a bit, too. I'm not sure if that's the case on all the fabrics, but it was for my pair.

13. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Mike also pointed out at some point that there's extra material in the thighs, so those can be let out a bit, too. I'm not sure if that's the case on all the fabrics, but it was for my pair.

Ah, cool. Wonder how much there is? I'd need at least .5" per the measurements with my waist size (36).

14. APK

APK Senior member

I want to say Mike told me there was enough extra fabric to make the thighs at least half an inch bigger, perhaps a maximum of one. I'll let him chime in though, lest I prop up the hopes of anyone busting at the thighs.

15. jeisurii

jeisurii Well-Known Member

I posted about my Kurabo Smiths 33 being over 35 inches in the waist a little while back. So yeah, it seems to be the case. I wish I had exchanged a size or two down, but belted they're not so bad.

16. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

This is probably a stupid question, but how warm are the trousers you make? I live in California and want a pair that I can wear year round. I know I should stay away from the flannel and the tweed as they are thicker/warmer materials but what about the other fabrics like your regular wool.

17. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

This is probably a stupid question, but how warm are the trousers you make? I live in California and want a pair that I can wear year round. I know I should stay away from the flannel and the tweed as they are thicker/warmer materials but what about the other fabrics like your regular wool.

The best thing to do is read the fabric descriptions. Epaulet makes a variety of trousers, from breezy seersucker to heavy flannel.

18. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

I live in Texas and have a whole bunch of the Walt trousers in various weights. I can definitely wear the Super 120s wool and Merino Wool fabrics year round. The flannels get a little hot in the summer, although last year Mike did a batch of tropical weight trousers which were awesome for the summer [​IMG]

19. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks. If the wools are alright in Texas then they should be fine here.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

those brown gunchecks really do look good with color 8, but I'm not sure I can pull off the grandpa steez there. maybe if I see some more fit pics of it, but I'm sure by that point they'll be gone in my size...

why you gotta tempt me so much here Mike?

We're all about tempting Grandpa steez here! These things looks so fresh with white sneakers too.

Absolutely. The thick cotton Walts (Moleskin, Wide Wales) usually fit Rudy customers too, so the only Rudy's that I ran off for Fall were dress pants and select flannels.

But for Spring, we'll bring the Rudy fit back in Super 120's dress pants, seersuckers, cottons, chambray's and more.

+1 on this question. I'm looking at the measurements and think that the thigh are a little too slim for me in the Slim Walts.

Also, just ordered my first pair of EP's per the post earlier that suggests they're more like Levis 514s than 511s, can't wait to get them and hope the thigh works! Stupid storm, hope it doesn't screw up shipping on the East Coast...

Thanks for your order! And yes, the Walt can be let out in the thigh up to about a half inch. If you flip the legs inside out, you can see the seam allowances.

For a year-round Left Coast trouser, the Super 120's and Merino Wools would be great.

In general, tweed, flannel, moleskin, and wide wale cords are the warmest pants that we make - although I do have a lot of guys in SoCal who buy and wear them in the winter. Every other wool fabric would essentially be a year-round trouser.

I live in Texas and have a whole bunch of the Walt trousers in various weights. I can definitely wear the Super 120s wool and Merino Wool fabrics year round. The flannels get a little hot in the summer, although last year Mike did a batch of tropical weight trousers which were awesome for the summer [​IMG]

Right on - and we'll definitely bring the Tropicals back in again this Summer! And plenty of shorts!