Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

thanks, at first I tried the no-break thing back when it was trendy but I could never quite get on board with it so luckily I had enough fabric still left over to have the pants lengthened a bit. this way they don't hike up too high when I sit down or when walking.

funny you say they look loose though; I actually have all my wool Walts tapered in the thigh area as they're initially even more generous.

I am just very thin, I guess.

2. trig

trig Senior member

bring back the western chromexcel penny loafer! :p

3. applky

applky Senior member

@rydenfan you must be one of those real men of #menswear genius.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

4. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Here's a vote for black with a gum sole.

Restock of the Western print penny would be a robocop.

5. N E B

N E B Active Member

Recently picked up the Espresso Suede Eisenhower Jacket. I have weird dimensions (very tall and skinny) so I sized up to a M from my normal S because of the cropped length and just accepted that it'd be a bit wide in the shoulders. I think it still looks great though. Sleeve length is actually perfect.

[​IMG]
    (iPhone photo, sorry)

Anyway, the jacket is great. Looks nice and smart, and it's a great weight for spring and even the not-so-spring we've been having in the NYC area. I wore this jacket in both 60 degree sunny weather and in the evening when it was around 45-50 degrees just like this and I was just fine with warmth. The jacket is also a beautiful shade of brown (the lighting doesn't really do it justice IMO) and is very soft -- highly recommended.

Just one small thing. Definitely by no means a dealbreaker, but I've noticed that the inner pocket liner seems to bunch up a bit so that I can kind of feel it on my chest. It seems like the pouch kind of dips towards the zipper and no matter what I do it seems to stay like this. Just curious if this is normal.

This is one of my first EP products and I'm extremely pleased. I'm already pretty tempted by that Asbury + university stripe combo... and the Doyle and grey Wilshires... man. I actually have some of those Visa gift cards from relatives but they only come out to enough for some of the items if I spread the purchases out over multiple cards. Is there any way I can do that online or do I need to show up in store?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

6. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Call one of the stores and they can help with the Visa gift cards.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

[​IMG]

brushed heavyweight twill rivet chinos in olive

8. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Suede w/ gum sole sneakers sound fantastic. Sadly, $250 sneakers are not in the cards this year I think. Dig the look though!

I am curious, though, if you'll bring back any non-sneaker house label footwear--loafers (western print or otherwise), any sort of handsewn style, etc.?

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Grey suede, black soles, burgundy leather heel detail. As a skate shoe fan, I like the shape.

10. applky

applky Senior member

Also picked this up recently, and love it. The suede is very luxurious but also tough -- not silky like cow suede. It's really a fantastic jacket. I don't feel the need to baby it. I also don't have the inner pocket liner issue. It's really a wonderful jacket and I'm glad I got it. And for reference I'm between an Epaulet Small and Medium in shirts, and went with a Medium with this.

The loden suede is also terrific. I have like 5 pairs of green-tone pants, though, so I went espresso.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sure, we've got a white restock, black with the existing gum sole, and tan with the existing gum sole. Black and Tan will have tonal suede accents.

Ha, you read my mind. I've asked about it. Getting Horween cordovan probably isn't possible, but we may be able to source some from Argentina. It's not up to Horween standards, but this is a sneaker and not a shoe, and it could make sense if the price is good. I'll keep you posted :).

I'm thinking that we'll nail down a shape which we can run in basic leathers like these. I can then work on sourcing exotic skins that might work. There's plenty of interesting leathers in Europe (ahem... museum calf) which could be used to make a cool sneaker. Some might be good, some might be awful, but I'll work to make samples and be creative in my leather options.

Haha, if only! That said, we're going to look into doing more European-made handsewns. If we can nail a great price/quality ratio and use some rad leathers, then it could be magic.

12. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Burgundy... upper, brown heel, gum sole

13. digga

digga Senior member

That would be great. I happened upon this image a few days ago:

[​IMG]

14. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

White with gum would be f'ing amazing.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

That's pretty awesome...what kind of sneaker is that? Looks similar to Buttero. And I think the snuff suede sneaker idea is killer. Not sure I can picture it yet with a gum sole. Someone else upthread mentioned a white sole, I think that would look pretty cool.