• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

After going with your take on GATs, are these patterned after CP achilles?

Actually no, although these design files definitely make it look like that. In reality the shoe will be more rounded and not as flat as the achilles - although any European made minimal sneaker will most likely be compared against that. The shape's going to be quite different in the final product.

Like our Sport Trainer, we're trying to deliver on those classic 70's lines. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can have an actual physical sample to show you guys soon.

I feel like snuff suede may not be as popular overall but is a little more unique than smooth leather. I would consider a snuff suede while I'd have no real interest in the smooth leather.

Black leather/gum sole makes me think of an Adidas Samba. Any feelings toward that make-up would just be channeling any love or hate I'd have for the original Samba.

Those tennis shoes sound awesome Mike!  I think snuff suede in this shoe would be awesome.  The white is a definite as well.  I'm indifferent on the black shoes.

I'm really leaning towards the snuff as a very cool alternative to the usual snuff shoe or boot. Something to wear with the white jeans or our upcoming garment dyed chinos. The suede is great quality - heads and bounds over what you'd see in a typical sneaker.

Agreed on the samba connection for the gum sole. It's cool, but maybe going super minimal, all-black is better. The rear tab would be suede, so there would still be some play there.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yea, the side profile make it look like that, but true that it can have a very different shape. I was thinking it probably wouldn't be quite as narrow and that looks like it will be the case.

JVK1

Reaction score
I like the the snuff suede idea, but it's actually pretty hard to imagine a sneaker like that with a gum sole. I guess it depends on the degree of contrast, but I trust you guys as a company to do it right!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, I've got an awful quality black & white preview shot. Hopefully have a much better one soon!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike,

why the change from the current trainer? I really dig the look of the current one. I am not against the new one either just interested in the methodology behind it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike,

why the change from the current trainer? I really dig the look of the current one. I am not against the new one either just interested in the methodology behind it. 

Oh the current one isn't going anywhere. We've got new colors and a fresh delivery coming in April on that.

We're working to vastly expand our private label footwear this year, and bringing out new sneaker shapes will be a big part of it. This will just give our customers more options.

sahbryant

Reaction score

Oh the current one isn't going anywhere. We've got new colors and a fresh delivery coming in April on that.

We're working to vastly expand our private label footwear this year, and bringing out new sneaker shapes will be a big part of it. This will just give our customers more options.

will there be a high-top version?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man those sneakers look nice. Kinda curious how white with gum would look. Maybe a grey suede leather for last one?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ah, ok. Very cool thanks so much. I see the new style being a big hit in Cali. Thanks for the quick response.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the suede ones Mike

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

will there be a high-top version?

Yup, we're looking into that for Fall.

Man those sneakers look nice. Kinda curious how white with gum would look. Maybe a grey suede leather for last one?

I bet that white with gum would be really fresh.

So, this is a really exciting new extension for our business. My plans is that we've got this rolling full-bore by the Summer and we can not only stock basics but also do special editions, collabs, and group buys. Sizing on this sneaker will be easy, and we'll be able to give equivalents to easily found models like chuck taylors. Minimums for production are reasonable and production timelines are pretty good, so I can see us making up really fun variants. They can be made either very clean or with burnishing and aging.

feliks

Reaction score
I think I'd prefer a navy or midnight blue with gum sole although the black and tan looks sikkkk. out of curiosity, are there any plans for more casual outerwear from EPLA in the summer? debating whether to pull the trigger on the doyle or hold out for a cotton/linen version (for instance). I live in super sweltering new orleans so I always have to go for the lightest possible option :-/

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I think I'd prefer a navy or midnight blue with gum sole although the black and tan looks sikkkk. out of curiosity, are there any plans for more casual outerwear from EPLA in the summer? debating whether to pull the trigger on the doyle or hold out for a cotton/linen version (for instance). I live in super sweltering new orleans so I always have to go for the lightest possible option :-/

We won't have a lighter Doyle then the one that we have now, but I think you'll be REALLY pleased with it. I've worn min on some extremely hot days here in LA when I'm working downtown. We're not dealing with too much humidity, but this piece can hold its own against a cotton-linen blend for breathability. I'd absolutely wear this in the height of an NYC Summer.

JVK1

Reaction score
Sneaker makeup looks great! When's the targeted release date on these?

And you say you've got a few new colors coming on the current set in April, what colors might those be?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike,

you are going to do a shell cordovan sneaker, right??
lurker[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads